Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Bristol City | Boxing Day | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    My brief synopsis of it all.......

Deserved the 3 points although at 2-1 down the players seemed to be out for the count. No idea why LB puts Ledley on the bench if he's not going to use him......bringing on Solly with 5 to go seems madness. 

Anyway......we held on (just) & now hoping we can get something from the next 2 games. Midfield still seems so lightweight & definitely need someone in there who can run with the ball & scare defenders. Having no Williams, Leko, Aneke or even Oztumer is seriously affecting us offensive wise. 

FWIW. I dont think Taylor is going anywhere but if he does it can only be about the money as surely with the new owners (and I have no doubt it will all go through within the next 10 days) we should be able to offer him a big enough incentive to stay.

Still think we will stay up this season.....especially if we can get a few bodies back & a couple of new players in the transfer window.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Valley11 said:
    Is Taylor waving goodbye in the pitch walk around at the end? Could be wrong 
    Thought the same. He seemed to walk along waving to the East Dtand before turning to do the same to the Coveted End and West Stands. Last home game?
    So ESI have paid 50-60 million and they are going to let a 20 goal Championship striker leave ! ( Lyle has missed 14 games so won't now)
    Be mad not to sell him if he’s not going to sign a new deal though. Big loss but better to get a couple of million now than lose him for free in the summer. 
    He hasn't been offered a deal from ESI.
    He hasn't been offered a contract that is consummate with a good championship striker. If Lyle can be offered this type of contract by the new owners to be, then he would stay.
    I thought that was cleared up that Lyle turned now a new contract months ago which all confident striker should do if it's well short of what he can get elsewhere.

I don't agree I would rather he walked away at the end of the season on a free than let him leave in January for 5 million or so.
    Sick of seeing good players leave Cafc.
    We need some ambition.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @LenGlover, I don't understand your version of our 3rd goal ? Bonne made a fantastic run and made a great cross which Doughty put in the net on his second attempt. 
    Without Bonne today we lose, how can he not be MOM. 

• Options
    @LenGlover, I don't understand your version of our 3rd goal ? Bonne made a fantastic run and made a great cross which Doughty put in the net on his second attempt. 
    Without Bonne today we lose, how can he nor be MOM. 

Having read it again I don't understand my version of the third goal! Mistaken identity I can only guess. As I said a few drinks have been taken.

Bonne is right up there for man of the match for sure but I felt Pratley drove them on all match particularly after Gallagher went off which is why for me he shaded it.
  • Options
    Typical, I have an early night as I'm super busy this week and we finally grab a win.

Hopefully the bad luck is behind us and we can string a run together now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There was an injury once again on added time which led  to the added on injury time .
    The time wasted for the 4 goal celebrations substitutions and bits and bobs prolly 5 is right .
    Dont know if anyone can watch again with the clock up but last time when Hull equalised the added on added on was fair .
    its how they come to the additional time in the first place that no one quite knows ...
  • Options
    Bowyer mentions how he told Bonne to be more aggressive and horrible and that’s how he got the 2nd which could easily have been chalked off for a foul 
    I’m sure Bristol city fans would be calling he ref a homer 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Clearly these socks I got yesterday are the reason we won today. Better get them in the wash for Monday...

What do you mean, get them in the wash?  You didn't wash them before yesterday's game, so obviously you can't wash them before the next game.  Or the one after that, and the one after that...
  • Options
    From the Doncaster play off semi final, Pratley, you've become a man we want in our army!
  • Options
    Yesterday was a victory for team spirit - there seemed no way to win once we went 2-1 down and were under the cosh but somehow we did. The fact that we only had a single midfielder on at the end says it all about our injury problems.

A very valuable 3 points given our fixtures in January. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    I thought that too, unfortunately. Hope we're both wrong
  • Options
    What a win, but we dont make things easy for ourselves do we? Thought Bonne scored two exceptional goals, and played his heart out and then to lay on the winner for young Alfie took his performance to MoM for me.
    Taylor being back does make a massive difference to team spirit and he tracks back to help cover when we are defending. Midfield is desperately missing the likes of Cullen and Williams, and to lose Connor to injury as well I feared the worst, but we battled back and sent the Addicks fans home happy. Now lets get the takeover done and see where we can end up come May.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Valley11 said:
    Thought the same. He seemed to walk along waving to the East Dtand before turning to do the same to the Coveted End and West Stands. Last home game?
    So ESI have paid 50-60 million and they are going to let a 20 goal Championship striker leave ! ( Lyle has missed 14 games so won't now)
    Be mad not to sell him if he’s not going to sign a new deal though. Big loss but better to get a couple of million now than lose him for free in the summer. 
    Evening Roland. Championship survival is worth more than a couple of short term millions this January. 
    Agreed but we will have to replace him in the summer anyway so why not sell him now, get a fee and put that towards the striker. I would rather replace him with a 4mil striker now than 2mil in the summer. 
    You can't replace him for 2 m in jan, he ain't leaving now ffs,  children stop panicking. 
  • Options
    First double avoided.
  • Options
    Bonne motm, pratley gamemanagementmongous, doughty crucial now williams and leko not about, lockyer a lionheart, matthews quality, sarr - nice footwork but still lacks the key ingredients for a centre half - balls, but all of the above said and done, we would not have won that game without taylor - an absolute master of the centre forward trade - first priority, get him signed up, no question whatsoever. Williams back soon, aneke an option, a couple of fresh loans and by mid jan we could be 'back in the game' and by start of feb, flying again.
  • Options
    oh, and morgan - real quality there , lets hope bowyers tough love approach makes him and doesn't break him
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    To pick up four points from losing positions in the last two games feels very nice!!
    Typical Charlton... Gone from dropping four points from winning positions as well
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    To pick up four points from losing positions in the last two games feels very nice!!
    Typical Charlton... Gone from dropping four points from winning positions as well
    Typical Championship more like 
  • Options
    The 'Bow Out' contingent have gone quiet.