Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston v Charlton | Sat 18 Jan | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    The result was about as predictable as you can get.
    We need to get something v Fulham, who can be unpredictable.

Then pray we can get in at least 3 players who are good enough for the first team.
    Players with the calibre of Taylor, Williams & Cullen.

It hasn't been easy and I can't see it getting any easier to recruit in the next 2 weeks.
    Who wants to join a relegation fight, especially when the outcome is very uncertain ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Are we in massive trouble yet ?
    I don’t think the situation tonight meets the strict criteria clearly laid out for “massive trouble”. 
    We're in SERIOUS trouble at present.
  • Options
    I think we’re going down. February is almost definitely the biggest month of the season for us. We need at least 3 quality players, I just don’t think it will happen. 
  • Options
    I don't want to pick out players who are not ready, but that is the problem. When you are down to that you have to say we did ok. Same as we have done ok a lot of times, but it is OK considering and the considering is the important word here.
  • Options
    We cannot keep clean sheets and that is why we are in such trouble, we do not lose by much and do not concede more than two a game but it is mostly two goals a game and that is the trouble, if we could have got six clean sheets out of this pathetic run  then we could have ended up with ten more points. The players are just not quite good enough for this league, regardless of the first six games.
  • Options
    Reminds me of a number plate I saw in Ilkeston.

130LOX. 
  • Options
    I think we’re going down. February is almost definitely the biggest month of the season for us. We need at least 3 quality players, I just don’t think it will happen. 
    Looking forward to the next tweet from Matt to raise spirits...
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    We huffed and we puffed but in the end we lacked the quality up front . 
    Preston are nothing special but what they are is well organised and they know how to do the job . 
    Good thing is that other results went in our favour again but we can’t keep relying on teams below us to be shittier than we are .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    I don’t think the situation tonight meets the strict criteria clearly laid out for “massive trouble”. 
    Is that one stage before “massive”?
  • Options
    The result was about as predictable as you can get.
    We need to get something v Fulham, who can be unpredictable.

Then pray we can get in at least 3 players who are good enough for the first team.
    Players with the calibre of Taylor, Williams & Cullen.

It hasn't been easy and I can't see it getting any easier to recruit in the next 2 weeks.
    Who wants to join a relegation fight, especially when the outcome is very uncertain ?
    Only chance might be offering them relegation clauses. Looks like it’s going to be League 1 players for us though. 
  • Options
    Regardless of Preston being annoyingly canny and us being annoyingly naïve, this has been the most frustrating game.
    I lost count of how many times our opportunities broke down because of poor decisions, poor communication and poor touches.
    Add into it a couple of defensive lapses and that’s that.
    Infuriating.
  • Options
    We are in serious trouble now . The new owners don't seem to have the funds to improve the squad    . Taylor and Cullen back soon I hope. 
    How are we in any more serious trouble than we we were a week ago ?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Yes, I’m worried. 
    But, somehow with our form we are still three places above the bottom three which shows there are some equally poor teams around who haven’t had the injury crisis we have.
    We face Barnsley, Luton, Wigan, Boro, Reading and QPR at home. The likes of Stoke and Brum  away.
    The phrase ‘free hit’ is being used a lot to almost justify defeats against the sides at the top. I’m not in total agreement with this but it wouldn’t surprise me if Bowyer is looking at eminently winnable games and ensuring we are totally ready for those.
  • Options
    We are in serious trouble now . The new owners don't seem to have the funds to improve the squad    . Taylor and Cullen back soon I hope. 
    The squad is weaker then this time last week. 
    And far worse than last season 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Is that one stage before “massive”?
    We reach massive in a few weeks...
  • Options
    Yes, I’m worried. 
    But, somehow with our form we are still three places above the bottom three which shows there are some equally poor teams around who haven’t had the injury crisis we have.
    We face Barnsley, Luton, Wigan, Boro, Reading and QPR at home. The likes of Stoke and a Brum away.
    The phrase ‘free hit’ is being used a lot to almost justify defeats against the sides at the top. I’m not in total agreement with this but it wouldn’t surprise me if Bowyer is looking at eminently winnable games and ensuring we are totally ready for those.
    Luton will beat is and kick start there season. 
  • Options
    The squad is weaker, after losing Conor. And we have less time to make signings
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Getting a bit bored of blaming the injuries. Senior players not doing their bit. Sarr at fault again, Lockyer sloppy, Pratley a passenger. Bizarre decision to take Green off, Davison offered nothing. 
  • Options
    Yes and we've been in trouble since Taylor got injured.

I've been saying for months that fans keep saying there's no team much better than us, but conversely there are no teams much worse.

All I've been saying these last 2 weeks is that you can't expect the new owners to wave a magic wand and get a number of really good players signed up immediately.

If it that was simple everyone would have done it, whereas no one has.
  • Options
    Desperately looking for a silver lining....er, Hemed, Oztumer, maybe Dougherty...er, that's it I think. Created some opportunities in the last twenty minutes.

Negatives.... 
    Failure to keep possession
    Throw ins
    Failure to cross the ball properly
    Failure to get shots on target
    No Cullen on the bench

Sorry for the negativity. Heart goes out to those who travelled and got stuck in Crewe.
  • Options
    Played poor today with lack of communication & general ability to play a passing game, which Preston ably demonstrated. I'm convinced this team can play better but we need the midfield to dominate with quicker movement on attack instead of get ahead, run out of players/options/ideas and pass back. Look at the stats - our possession 39% with 2 shots on target - it's really frustrating to watch. Credit to the visiting faithful -  you sounded great!
  • Options
    Listened on Valley Pass, once again we sounded quite clueless outside of the first 10 mins and a short spell towards the end of the 2nd half. I understand the crippling injuries we have had, but with ESI in charge now I expected them to get at least one new body in last week, but instead we played kids again and only had 6 on the bench. Not sure taking Green off was the right decision either, I would have subbed Davidson for Hemed. Anyway, all I want to see now is 3 or 4 good players into the side, preferably before the Fulham game, and give the kids a rest. I think we are heading downwards at a rapid pace and HE may well have bought a League one side very soon!!
  • Options
    Yes and we've been in trouble since Taylor got injured.

I've been saying for months that fans keep saying there's no team much better than us, but conversely there are no teams much worse.

All I've been saying these last 2 weeks is that you can't expect the new owners to wave a magic wand and get a number of really good players signed up immediately.

If it that was simple everyone would have done it, whereas no one has.
    That’s true but we haven’t signed anyone and despite having an injury hit squad we have lost players on top. Add to that Bowyer hasn’t agreed a deal and it is concerning. 
  • Options
    How did Hemed play when he came on?