Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston v Charlton | Sat 18 Jan | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    ....... I hope today isn’t it but unless some seriously positive stuff happens in the next week regarding signings and sorting out contracts, we could be starting the slow but sure slide to relegation.

The signings and sorting contracts are promised to be done during this window.
    We can only wait and see how it unfolds.

• Options
    Still struggling to understand why pay £60m and not remotely look like we are buying anybody good enough to get us out of trouble. Relegation is a real prospect and we need quality and screw the wage structure because league one is not where we want to end up! 
    We don’t know what they have paid seeing as they haven’t secured The Valley or Sparrows Lane yet. They may never do. Roland did say he’d give the Club away for free so maybe they haven’t even paid a £ yet.
    £1
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    ....... I hope today isn’t it but unless some seriously positive stuff happens in the next week regarding signings and sorting out contracts, we could be starting the slow but sure slide to relegation.

But waiting to see how it unfolds is shit and I don’t like it Oggy. I know you’re right but aaargggh ffs I just want some certainty.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

But waiting to see how it unfolds is shit and I don’t like it Oggy. I know you’re right but aaargggh ffs I just want some certainty.
    We all do.
  • Options
    Getting silly now, if Doshitalot was still in charge we would be giving him pellets now. Our illustrious new owners need to get themselves sorted and their cheque book out NOW or we will be bottom three by mid Feb. The honeymoon period is now well over, they need to start showing their real intent 😡😡
  • Options
    There today. The people that think everything will be fine are living in hope and there is little to support it currently. The form is beyond poor. Doesn't matter what squad we put out, they are all collectively underperforming. Whoever we play, however bad their own form we aren't good enough and defeats continue to stack up. Even if the players Bowyer and Gallen want get 'over the line' there is no guarantee they will tell, or god forbid get injured and add to the physio table. 

Today was another example of why we will get relegated. Phillips looked beyond fucked off second half after Bauer's goal. He started pumping the ball forward aimlessly and barracking the players when it was another waste of possession. He understands that we can't play out from the back as this invites pressure. The midfield is hopeless, so the best option is to boot all the way to the forward players which often ended up in Rudd's hands.  Williams is a great player but not match fit and he seemed to run around a lot chasing shadows much of the time. The triple substitution in a few minutes seemed to be a desperate throw of the dice from Bowyer, almost a 'fuck it' stroke with a 'were losing again anyway' attitude. Nothing improved really. The most frustrating thing is that the players aren't good enough, seasoned pros or juniors. Blending in new players is going to be tough even if any do want a relegation scrap. 

I am truly wondering if there is a clause in Bowyers contract, or any of the prospective players, that states if we go down your terms are reduced accordingly. The new owners must have a plan B, they are business people, not sports fans. 

It's the hope that kills you. Bowyer is probably thinking  Help me ESI you're my only hope!
  • Options
    Disagree with Bowyer on his comment about scoring 1 today but letting in 2. If you score more than your opponent then you will win, so the emphasis is on scoring, not not letting any in. If we had scored a 2nd & gone 2-0 I bet we would have won. How many games this season have we gone 2 goals clear & then lost...? None. And only once have we drawn (Home to Cardiff). Not many games do you score 2 & lose. And you win a bloody lot more.

Sign some strikers. We wont win many games with Davison & Hemed.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dunno. 

I just thought this lot were being proactive behind the scenes way before the takeover actually occurred.  I dreamt that Southall and co would power walk into the boardroom, sign the takeover deal (lock, stock and barrel), then call Bowyer upstairs before the ink dried. 'Here you go Bow, here's your deal, sign on the dotted line and go get them highly talented players we've already targeted ... Er his Excellency will be most upset if you can't persuade them to join us, if you know what I mean'  Coughs into the back of his hand.

Anyway feels like I've just woken up and I'm feeling a bit deflated. 

Deflated GIF
    I feel the same here. A lot of talk has hinted about a lot of backroom work being done of "getting things right." I'm not sure at what point I'm going to get fed up of reading twitter clues.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

I know, mate ...... we all want it sorted now. The uncertainty just eats away at you.

But it does sound like stuff is going on behind the scenes,  although it is frustrating when we're losing games because we don't have sufficient players fit enough to form a competitive team.

I guess we can only wait and see. Perhaps even best do something else until we hear what we want to hear?

• Options
    Decent for first 10 mins dog shit for the rest.  
  • Options
    Disagree with Bowyer on his comment about scoring 1 today but letting in 2. If you score more than your opponent then you will win, so the emphasis is on scoring, not not letting any in. If we had scored a 2nd & gone 2-0 I bet we would have won. How many games this season have we gone 2 goals clear & then lost...? None. And only once have we drawn (Home to Cardiff). Not many games do you score 2 & lose. And you win a bloody lot more.

Sign some strikers. We wont win many games with Davison & Hemed.

Your view on the game of football is absolutely fascinating. But not in a good way.
    You wait until you hear him talk about financial matters .....
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Nicholas said:
    Decent for first 10 mins dog shit for the rest.  
    Thank you for your in-depth match report, Nicholas. 

Pretty much sums it up to be fair.
  • Options
    Just seen the highlights
    A decent team on form would have put 4 or 5 past us
    Weren't like that at the ground. Both teams lacked potency. Preston are a very scrappy and niggly team who won from an individual moment of brilliance and a set piece that was poorly defended. 

• Options
    Our set up for throw on's sums it up

When it's our throw no movement by our players and at times we throw to the opposition direct. When it's the opposition throw no shutting down and it becomes too easy for them to keep possession.

Crossing is appalling as well

• Options
    Mission to get there including a cab from Crewe. Awful game, one nice pint in an average pub before the train back. No doubt we'll rub salt in the wound by beating Fulham.
  • Options
    Our set up for throw on's sums it up

When it's our throw no movement by our players and at times we throw to the opposition direct. When it's the opposition throw no shutting down and it becomes too easy for them to keep possession.

Crossing is appalling as well

Have only seen the highlights not the whole game today so cant comment too much on today.  However ive been saying for a few months our throw ins are shocking and get worse not better. Dont know if JJ and LB are not being listened to or if its something that is just being neglected by them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boys against men. Ok injuries accepted. But Roland to blame n he still ain't fkin gone. However tday we did not press, did not run our hearts out tbh. Midfield overun outnumbered otclassed. Forwards non existent. Davidson looked either low on confidence or out of his class. Jonny run into nothings, hope he is just rusty. Where was Jfc? I only travelled from Blackburn. But it was a shit journey home. Safe and quick as poss journey home for all. Doughty was my man of shit match.....mosm. Worrying times ahead based on that. Cmon ESI I want to believe in u but u ain't makin it easy
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    hermann said:
    Mission to get there including a cab from Crewe. Awful game, one nice pint in an average pub before the train back. No doubt we'll rub salt in the wound by beating Fulham.
    Genuinely felt for those fans who had train issues and some missing our goal early doors. Did the train company lay on your cab @hermann because that is 60 mile, one hour's run up the M6?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    hermann said:
    Genuinely felt for those fans who had train issues and some missing our goal early doors. Did the train company lay on your cab @hermann because that is 60 mile, one hour's run up the M6?
    We bowled into one without much thought - actually ended up at deepdale half an hour before k/o in the end. Should be able to sort out a train refund tomorrow to cover it...
  • Options
    Boys against men. Ok injuries accepted. But Roland to blame n he still ain't fkin gone. However tday we did not press, did not run our hearts out tbh. Midfield overun outnumbered otclassed. Forwards non existent. Davidson looked either low on confidence or out of his class. Jonny run into nothings, hope he is just rusty. Where was Jfc? I only travelled from Blackburn. But it was a shit journey home. Safe and quick as poss journey home for all. Doughty was my man of shit match.....mosm. Worrying times ahead based on that. Cmon ESI I want to believe in u but u ain't makin it easy
    I've seen us play a lot worse this season than today. 
  • Options
    Was a massive step to get into this league. Let’s not let this opportunity go.  Not sure contract of 5 years Is the way forward especially when you haven’t signed it yet. Can’t expect people to keep buying tickets to watch this decline go on. New owners need to act now before it’s too late and we panic buy.  Otherwise it’s back where we come from I’m afraid. 
  • Options
    Picked your tickets up ok then @BlackburnCharlton ?
  • Options
    ESI look like a load of wind at the moment won’t be long before the fans turn on them. Not seen anything to convince me that there real. 
  • Options
    hermann said:
    RedChaser said:
    hermann said:
    We bowled into one without much thought - actually ended up at deepdale half an hour before k/o in the end. Should be able to sort out a train refund tomorrow to cover it...
    Fingers crossed 🤞then that alls well that ends well 👍