Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston v Charlton | Sat 18 Jan | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    No, it was a bad offer, one we never would've taken. 
  • Options
    There are 4 games in January BEFORE the deadline closes, and so far we have 1 point out of 9. These games aren't "free hits" as they are ones we need to get something out of, and you can't turn form on and off.
    But there are supporters who think they are and almost lecture us on the point. I would say, the January window may be hard but it isn't impossible and maybe you do have to spend a bit more than you should as you are dealing with a crisis. If you haven't got the money, well why buy the club without buying everything so you could positively effect the January window? At the most generous, you are failing. 
    I agree entirely if Bowyer isn't signed up by this Friday and we haven't made at least 3 decent signings ie first team players, by the time the window closes.
  • Options
    2121 said:
    I question bows choices today tbf. 
    Green come off? Unless injured or tired he looked the danger for us. Not take Dempsey off? Baffling for me 
    Did he look a danger for us? - He spent the majority of the time barely able to chase down a lost cause

To be fair he did a lot of running but apart from the goal didnt do much compared to how Davison / Hemed linked up
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Has he? - I thought the bid was rejected?
    If Lyle is still here on February 1 I will give £10 to the Upbeats if someone else will do the same if he isn't.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    Has he? - I thought the bid was rejected?
    If Lyle is still here on February 1 I will give £10 to the Upbeats if someone else will do the same if he isn't.
    Sign me up. 
  • Options
    We need players. 
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Green come off? Unless injured or tired he looked the danger for us. Not take Dempsey off? Baffling for me 
    Did he look a danger for us? - He spent the majority of the time barely able to chase down a lost cause

To be fair he did a lot of running but apart from the goal didnt do much compared to how Davison / Hemed linked up
    Agreed link up was clearly not there between Davison and Green.

Should have got Wagstaff.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Are we in massive trouble yet ?
    I don’t think the situation tonight meets the strict criteria clearly laid out for “massive trouble”. 
    We're in SERIOUS trouble at present.
    Is that one stage before “massive”?
    It goes like this;

In trouble
    In serious trouble
    In massive trouble
    In desperate trouble
    In dire trouble
    Fucked

Got it. Lose to Fulham are we into “massive” territory? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we are going to need to score 3 every match to win we’d better have more than loanees and children upfront. 
  • Options
    Williams had 60 mins and Oztumer 30. This would have been planned before the game. You wiuld like to get these players back on the back of other players easing them in. Instead we are relying on them.
  • Options
    2121 said:

Yeah but tbf to him he was chasing lost causes 😂
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    2121 said:

Agreed link up was clearly not there between Davison and Green.

Should have got Wagstaff.
    Suspended!! :(
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    2121 said:
    2121 said:

Yeah but tbf to him he was chasing lost causes 😂
    Oh yeah not slating him for it - Just doesnt make him a danger to the opposition for me as they never really looked threatened
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    It is hard to be critical of him. We couldn't keep the ball for more than 3 seconds when in their half because forward players were not getting support. After a bright start, the writing was on the wall.
  • Options
    Williams had 60 mins and Oztumer 30. This would have been planned before the game. You wiuld like to get these players back on the back of other players easing them in. Instead we are relying on them.
    Not only that, but they are quickly getting injured again when they do come back, first Taylor now JFC. What are the odds on Williams folding on Wednesday.
    The damage done to the squad through injuries will not be easily remedied in the short time we have available, which looking at the fixture list is basically February.
  • Options
    Can I just say firstly, that game was there for the taking, Preston were poor and I can see why they havent been winning but we were equally as poor.  Secondly how annoyingly well Baeur played, even ignoring his goal every cross rifled across the box he was in the right place and broke up the play. Real loss. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ct_addick said:
    2121 said:

Not so sure about Davison and all the praise he is getting. Looked and played like a boy against men today. Davis and Bauer had an easy day. Bring him on with 15 mins to chase the ball down but as a forward we need to hold the ball up no way
    No your right he doesnt deserve any praise today - Just felt he linked up better with Hemed compared with Green today

Nothing to say Green wouldnt have linked up better with Hemed (we'll never know)
  • Options
    I thought he worked hard, very hard and to be fair that is all I could ask of him. He needed a bit of help which he didn't get until the end of the game when he had run himself into the ground.
  • Options
    Funny how Deji got marked high last game, but low this game when I thought he played about the same each time (which is not that great). I just don't think he is physical enough to play in the centre of a back 3, as he gets bullied to easy.  Compare last week when Phillips just kept backing into him, to today and how Bauer handled Davison. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Throughout that game, I was thinking how beatable Preston were. Their record suggested it before the game. It was what I was trying to say about respecting the points before the game. I was wrongly accused of saying Bowyer was a cretin. Bowyer clearly knows the issues more than anybody else and he knows we needed somebody in. I reckon he has serious doubts about the new owners and these have spilled out a few time through messages to the press that are not like him. But he can't speak out in his position but he can hold off signing a contract.

I am wondering if Southall is all mouth and no trousers. All he has to do is show he has some trousers. I am yet to see it! 
    Sorry Muttley, you still don't understand what I was trying to say to you.
    I agree entirely that we need to win as many games as we can.

The difference of opinion I have is that you have been complaining for about 2 weeks that ESI haven't signed up Bowyer and have only brought in one loan player.

Whilst I understand your frustration I was trying to say that there is no magic wand that gets everything done in a few days and forces players to sign for us almost immediately.

If the window closes and Bowyer hasn't signed and we've not got in at least 3 players at the level of Cullen, Williams as opposed to say Purrington & Oztumer, then I will be in full agreement.

The difference of our opinion is purely on length of time.

PS you have been digging out Charlton for 2 weeks for only getting one transfer done, suggesting they didn't understand the urgency. I said did you think Bowyer was a cretin, because you appeared to be suggesting that he was ignorant of the position we are in and the need to address it.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Again, what the fuck are we doing in training to these players
    It’s all getting a bit tedious with the injuries.
  • Options
    Still struggling to understand why pay £60m and not remotely look like we are buying anybody good enough to get us out of trouble. Relegation is a real prospect and we need quality and screw the wage structure because league one is not where we want to end up! 
    They have not paid a penny yet, I'm more worried that we go down and they walk away. 
  • Options
    New owners now need to act, or we are headed for league 1.

Not being a doom-meister, but 1 win in 16 games is relegation form.

4-5 new signings needed...and soon.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Regardless of Preston being annoyingly canny and us being annoyingly naïve, this has been the most frustrating game.
    I lost count of how many times our opportunities broke down because of poor decisions, poor communication and poor touches.
    Add into it a couple of defensive lapses and that’s that.
    Infuriating.
    Like the wording-
    I lost time of how many times our opportunities broke down because of poor decisions and poor communication-
    Sounds like our contract negotiations