Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston v Charlton | Sat 18 Jan | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    How did Hemed play when he came on?
    Had some decent touches, brought others into the attack (something we'd been missing up until then)

Didnt really get an opportunity to shoot at goal
  • Options
    At least we only lost by one goal, which could be crucial if goal difference determines our fate at the end of the season.

I know - clutching at straws.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Keep the faith, don't lose your nerve.

Still 54 more points to play for.
    Definitely, on current form we’ll get 10 of them. 
    Which means we WILL be relegated 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Keep the faith, don't lose your nerve.

Still 54 more points to play for.
    Definitely, on current form we’ll get 10 of them. 
    Which means we WILL be relegated 
    Depends if the others will get at least 15 with better goal difference.
  • Options
    How did Hemed play when he came on?
    He looked sharp, won a few in the air, and a nice flick put someone though ... Davison?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    There are 4 games in January BEFORE the deadline closes, and so far we have 1 point out of 9. These games aren't "free hits" as they are ones we need to get something out of, and you can't turn form on and off.
    But there are supporters who think they are and almost lecture us on the point. I would say, the January window may be hard but it isn't impossible and maybe you do have to spend a bit more than you should as you are dealing with a crisis. If you haven't got the money, well why buy the club without buying everything so you could positively effect the January window? At the most generous, you are failing. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Are we in massive trouble yet ?
    I don’t think the situation tonight meets the strict criteria clearly laid out for “massive trouble”. 

Are we in massive trouble yet ?
    Certainly in trouble, not sure it's massive.

Yet.

Just asking. Just asking 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Showed we need a top striker and box to box midfielder. 

Doughty and green looked good and williams got game time which is a benefit. 

Massive week coming up for ESI. 
    As much as they want to keep to their own ‘financial strategy’ whatever that is ... we need players, and now, to give time to bed in, not on 31st jan giving no time for barnsley prep. 

Lets see what their made of! 

Heads went down today and i can imagine no1 including bows is looking forward to Wednesday. 
  • Options
    Still struggling to understand why pay £60m and not remotely look like we are buying anybody good enough to get us out of trouble. Relegation is a real prospect and we need quality and screw the wage structure because league one is not where we want to end up! 
  • Options
    Another depressing weekend. I hope the sun will shine next week and bring some joy to our lives with a few good signings. No idea where we are with Bowyers new contract.
  • Options
    I think we are good enough to stay up with no additions if injuries start going in right direction but what we are doing and have been doing this window is giving ourselves a chance to go down!
  • Options
    Still struggling to understand why pay £60m and not remotely look like we are buying anybody good enough to get us out of trouble. Relegation is a real prospect and we need quality and screw the wage structure because league one is not where we want to end up! 
    Curious as to what they paid and what their strategy is? No signs of anything so far apart from a few tweets.
  • Options
    At least Barnsley and Wigan lost. Hopefully Luton will too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    At least Barnsley and Wigan lost. Hopefully Luton will too.
    And Stoke at the Baggies on Monday.
  • Options
    Think we need 21 points from our last 18 games.

With players coming back (yes, I know we keep saying it), and signings will happen before the window, I think we have enough within the squad to get those 21 points in order to stay up. A draw against Fulham and a win against Barnsley, our next two games, would mean 17 needed from 16 games. I believe we will do it.
  • Options
    Depressing tho cos i look at alfie And those sort of players and think... he will be snapped up soon 
  • Options
    By the time His Excellency comes to a game there is a risk we will be bottom three with no ownership of ground or training ground.  He will be unlikely to get much welcome and may wish his trip was earlier.

Boys against men again, they are giving their all and not to blame but my goodness it is a long, hard season this one.
  • Options
    I question bows choices today tbf. 
    Green come off? Unless injured or tired he looked the danger for us. Not take Dempsey off? Baffling for me 
  • Options
    Still struggling to understand why pay £1 and not remotely look like we are buying anybody good enough to get us out of trouble. Relegation is a real prospect and we need quality and screw the wage structure because league one is not where we want to end up! 
    Fixed for you