Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Barnsley | Sat 1 Feb | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Finally, a result. Looked much better with Taylor, Green and Williams going forward, and Cullen anchoring the centre of the park. A worldie save or two from Phillips. We commanded the first half.

Then we were lulled into a lethargic second half, particularly after Barnsley's substitutions injected a bit of pace into their attack. We were under the cosh from then on, but able to see the game out after conceding. 

Good result, but room for improvement.

Most importantly, three points feel so good!

Let's hope we can go on a bit of a run.

Comments

• superb, what a result, and the crowd were great ... COYR
  • edited February 2020
    Huge result. Shame about Leeds doing their usual bottle job against Wigan.
  • Great result.  Never in doubt ;)
  • Shame about Wigan winning but this looks better already. 

• Sponsored links:

• phew that was a massive three points!!  We needed that big time
  • Fantastic to get the three points - let’s hope we can build some momentum from here. 

• Thats looking a bit more healthy.

• Table would've looked a lot nicer if Wigan had lost.

Another huge game next weekend at Stoke.
  • Sponsored links:

• None of my business I suppose, but any idea if something happened to Andre Green this week? Seemed a bit emotional after he scored and the players all huddled round him. Looked like Bowyer came and had a longish chat with him at full time and then pointed something out to him in the stands. 
    I heard his grandad passed away this week. 
  • None of my business I suppose, but any idea if something happened to Andre Green this week? Seemed a bit emotional after he scored and the players all huddled round him. Looked like Bowyer came and had a longish chat with him at full time and then pointed something out to him in the stands. 
    His Grandad passed away in the week i believe.
  • We never make it easy, but that was a must win and we got it done. Quite a finish from Woodrow for theirs (should be after him this summer), defense had it all to deal with but at the end they stepped up and did their jobs. Look the world with Green, Lyle, and Williams going forward. Hopefully a turning point this one!
  • That was a needed win on so many levels. I hope HE enjoyed the game.
  • In control until we took Taylor and Williams off with half hour to go, got a bit of luck but a huge 3 points