Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Barnsley | Sat 1 Feb | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

Comments

• Options
    We need too up our game too stay up.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Is it too late to talk about playoffs?
  • Options
    Is it too late to talk about playoffs?

• Options
    And what was their manager doing in jeans and trainers? I hope they didn't let him in any of the lounges afterwards!
  • Options
    Pleased with the result but not the performance. Midfield is simply not good enough and we were left defending far too deep for most of the second half. 

Barnsley deserved at least a draw and looked a different side in the second half.

Doughty needs to look up and learn to pass - amazing pace but fails to deliver the final pass.

Green my MOTM. We can only get better.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Rob said:
    A great result but a game of 3 thirds. For 60 minutes we totally dominated. the final 15 we were under the cosh. I could see them equalising. They were flooding through the centre of midfield and we started playing far too deep. We missed Taylor and Williams when they came off. There was no pressure on them at the back so they just brought it forward.

You can see why LB has brought players in for the midfield. That's where the game is won and lost in my opinion.

Like I said, a great result and 3 points which were important as Wigan beat Leeds.

In Bows we trust.
    And the other 15-minutes?
    Oh yeah. Sorry. You know what I meant.
  • Options
    Cullen didn't give the ball away for the goal but he completely bottled/missed a tackle that would have stopped the attack, taking himself completely out of the game. It was a poor bit of play 
  • Options
    Result is everything. Taylor and Williams
     fantastic as usual. The defence needs addressing. Whether it’s the personnel or the switching off as a group I I am not sure. Barnsley ripped us apart for about 15 to 20 minutes which followed the new substitutions and one can’t help thinking that there was a connection.Out of all the young academy players Doughty has proved himself to be a person with huge potential And I can understand why he started today and should start every game. Phillips has also become an essential part of the Charlton team And saved two points today. So pleased about the three points today and next weeks game against Stoke Is as important as today’s game

• Options
    Let's enjoy this season But you may have seen the scary future if no Taylor, Williams and Cullen.
    Why is that the first thought in your head when you come and post here?
    As someone who yells the team on from start to finish and never gives any abuse to any player wearing a red shirt, my first thought was we have X factor players and how much we need then on the pitch. I understand Lyle and Jonny coming off but that was torture in the last 25 minutes. 
    I kick every ball so I'm shattered. Has been a long week.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    ct_addick said:
    cfgs said:
    Brilliant from the 6th minute to halftime. Then all the fouls and fatigue started to effect JW, then Lyle went off as well and we faded badly. 

I like Hemed though he works hard, he needs a goal badly.

How the hell the ref only showed their number 18 a card once is beyond me.
    I thought Hemed did well and battled
    I think we’re all agreed on him being a battler. It’s interesting, though, that Lyle is a better player than an established Israeli international. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Thats looking a bit more healthy.

Yet is almost unchanged. Still only 5 from the DZ.

Amazing what a win does to the fickle fans
  • Options
    Let's enjoy this season But you may have seen the scary future if no Taylor, Williams and Cullen.
    Why is that the first thought in your head when you come and post here?
    As someone who yells the team on from start to finish and never gives any abuse to any player wearing a red shirt, my first thought was we have X factor players and how much we need then on the pitch. I understand Lyle and Jonny coming off but that was torture in the last 25 minutes. 
    I kick every ball so I'm shattered. Has been a long week.

Thanks for explaining your thought process. 

As much as I love the player you mention, and they will be hard to replace if/when they go, there's also plenty of players out there who are as good, or if not better than them.

Aslong as we have the right management team I wouldn't be to worried about what the future holds. 
  • Options
    Well of course, but he still bottled it ;) obviously I am a big fan of his still! 
  • Options
    That attempted tackle by Sarr in the second half was eye-watering. Easily a leg-breaker and completely unnecessary - luckily the player moved out the way
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Well of course, but he still bottled it ;) obviously I am a big fan of his still! 
    Okay, then ..... talk us through Naby's assist? :smile:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Leuth said:
    Okay, then ..... talk us through Naby's assist? :smile:

He realised that Green needed the goal more :D
  • Options
    Great 3 points.

We played really well for 60 minutes then seemed to fall apart once Williams and Taylor went off.

Some great saves and a bit of luck saw us hold onto the spoils.

Once we get everybody back fit am sure we have enough to survive.