Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Barnsley | Sat 1 Feb | 3pm KO | Post-match Thread

1101112131416»

Comments

• Options
    CatAddick said:
    Leuth said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    He got sucked towards the ball because Pearce was backing away and there was no midfield present. It was a fair assumption that Doughty would help out too. You absolutely can't pin the goal on Sarr even though you so clearly want to 
    That’s palpably not true - watch it again.  With luck, next season brings genuinely solid defenders ; I’d settle for the modern versions of Rufus and Brown. 
    Yes and let's sign the modern Simonsen, the modern Jensen, the modern Bent, the modern Powell, the modern Shirtliff, the modern Bartram and the modern Hales while we're about it
    You forgot the modern Summers :-)
    Ann?
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Preston did when they came down to the Valley, and it's a big part of picking up points in this day and age, and one of the reasons we are going to stay up.  We need to indulge in the dark arts, and I think Bowyer has instilled it in the team for the better.  Of course, I think everyone would like to see a better level of fair play in football across the board, but as long as it exists, whether it be West Brom fans refusing to give the ball back, players diving and time wasting, then we have to indulge in it as well unfortunately.  
    I agree, but I hate the hypocrisy of fans who support our players when they do this, but then scream blue murder at the opposition players for doing the same thing
    Part of supporting a team. I accept I have a bias. I'll be shouting "thats a F***ing red ref" when our player is fouled and "you f***ing blind ref?" for the same foul the other way round. Its part of being emotionally invested in something.