Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - Different Class

edited February 2020 in General Charlton
Just head and shoulders above everything else on the pitch. His game season by season gets better and more influencing. 

Confidence clearly back as the wind ups are back as well.

I’m resigning myself In thinking that it’s increasingly unlikely we’ll be able to keep him here next season.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed. Deserves a crack at the big time, with better players and against better opposition. He did a lot of tracking back and defensive work today which is also great to see but he shouldn't really have to and it must irk him.
  • Options
    Superb today and worked his socks off. Some moments of real quality.
  • Options
    We will really struggle to keep hold of him. Just hope he doesn’t do an Aribo and join Rangers. He is invaluable to us between now and the end of the season. I’d seriously consider leaving him as captain as well. 
  • Options
    And I had a decent bet on him being leagues top scorer 
  • Options
    Going to cost us an absolute fortune to replace him this summer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What Lyle inadvertently provides me - Get to learn who at the Valley knows their football or not.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    It's such a shame we couldn't build a decent team around him. If we had done we would have had a shot at the premier league
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    What Lyle inadvertently provides me - Get to learn who at the Valley knows their football or not.
    Phillips, always Phillips 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    We look worse defensively when he comes off too. I also love that he's the archetypal player the opposition love to hate, I can't remember us having someone like that. 
    Opposing fans all used to hate Yann.
  • Options
    Poor attitude, poor body language, poor social media posts blah blah blah wibble.

Don't forget faked an injury and the club covered it up. 
    So he could live in January 2020. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going to cost us an absolute fortune to replace him this summer
    No it won't Chris ?

We will try to get a cheaper option and play him alongside Bonne.

We need to make Lyle Taylor the highest paid player by a mile. 

Not over confident.
  • Options
    I think we need to accept that relegation or not Lyle's probably too good for us now. At his age he should be looking to have a crack at the Premier League and at the very least I think teams looking at a serious promotion push will be in for him in the summer. We need him to keep up this form if we're going to survive, but the more he plays like this the further out of our reach he probably goes. He's got 11 goals in 19 games though, that's an insane return for any striker, let alone one in his first Championship season. The only way we'll keep him is if we completely tear up the squad in the summer, show some serious intent with money and convince him that we're making a real push for promotion. If that happens then great, but I think most likely we'll be seeing him go somewhere else and we won't be able to begrudge him that at all. If only Roland had stuck another year on his deal