Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - Different Class

Comments

• Options
    Different gravy to anyone around him yesterday. Even the little trick he did to take the ball past the keeper after the whistle had blown was pure class.
  • Options
    Taylor is a monumental player. His skill levels,decision making and game awareness is right up there- i'm astonished he has only been playing in the lower leagues so far.
    Cant believe , in virtually the same move, we got money for Magennis and Taylor for free - incredible piece of business
    I understand what you mean to an extent but describing The Championship as a lower league is somewhat inaccurate. I reckon most people would rate Leagues 1&2 as the lower leagues, not The Championship.
    Incidentally......it’s the 6th ranked league in the world.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Trump last rally sounded more like it was at a farm than a town hall with all the mooing going on.
    Best player on the pitch. Made Pele look sunday league.....
  • Options
    Like Chris Solly, I would love To see Lyle playing in the prem wearing a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    But paying Lyle what other clubs will pay him will show some intent wouldn't it? That is assuming there is intent of course. Ideally we make ourselves safe a.s.a.p and then the serious talks start. Bowyer has suggested there are a couple of things outside of just the money so it may still be possible if they are addressed. 

• Options
    Taylor is a monumental player. His skill levels,decision making and game awareness is right up there- i'm astonished he has only been playing in the lower leagues so far.
    Cant believe , in virtually the same move, we got money for Magennis and Taylor for free - incredible piece of business
    I understand what you mean to an extent but describing The Championship as a lower league is somewhat inaccurate. I reckon most people would rate Leagues 1&2 as the lower leagues, not The Championship.
    Incidentally......it’s the 6th ranked league in the world.
    I suppose i was thinking more along the lines of before this season, as this is the highest level he has played at?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hoping we can convince him to sign on and stay. He is a proven star for us, would love him to stay and help us towards a magnificent season in the Championship and maybe even a tilt at higher things. If we can't convince him to stay then, fear play, he has always put in a great shift when fit and has been a great talisman.
  • Options
    Has Taylor scored a hatrick for us? 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Mansfield at the Valley in the FA Cup last season

Funnily Luton at the Valley in the last two seasons is the only time he's scored more than once in a League game for us
  • Options
    Stewart said:

Funnily Luton at the Valley in the last two seasons is the only time he's scored more than once in a League game for us
    Good knowledge there  @ForeverAddickted
     Thank you 
  • Options
    IMO Lyle has done enough to put him above Yann in our best strikers of all time.
    I love Lyle, but don't be silly geez... Yann is up there with the best to ever play for us
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Stewart said:

Good knowledge there  @ForeverAddickted
     Thank you 
    Soccerbase was my friend answering the question

Was quite surprised myself that he's only scored two goals in two games
  • Options
    Lyle is up there too IMO.
  • Options
    Difficult to add to what's been said already .Been coming here since 67.Firmani,Treacy,Horsefield,Killer,Bent,Yann-Love them all .But Lyle - I know a different era to some of the previous 'Valley Gods' he is just something else.Something priceless to us in the modern game.He is the Charlton that is in all,our Hearts that's why we come every week.Matt S what ever it takes ...... You know the rest.COYR
    Couldn’t agree more
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yann was a charlton hero but he isn’t close to Taylor. Same amount of goals but Taylor has played 30 games less. 
  • Options
    I think to talk about Taylor and Yann as "all time greats" is bit disrespectful to all those who have played in the top flight over the years.

I love both of them and they are certainly favourites of mine and stand outs amongst thier peers but I wouldn't put either of them in the "all time great" category. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I think to talk about Taylor and Yann as "all time greats" is bit disrespectful to all those who have played in the top flight over the years.

I love both of them and they are certainly favourites of mine and stand outs amongst thier peers but I wouldn't put either of them in the "all time great" category. 
    Great players at their appropriate levels. Of course should they have played for us in the Prem then they would likely have reached beyond their level, but still very good players.
    TBH, i think Lyle is a better all round player than Yann.
    Strange how they both 'struggled' before joining us.
  • Options
    Can see a lower end Prem side taking a chance on signing Lyle on a free in the summer. If he did go,it would be with all our blessings. Just not the nigels eh Lyle?!
  • Options

Yann's talent was unearthed by the shrewd SCP, and once given the chance the player thrived as the whole club  went on the march.

Somewhat as an unknown quantity Lyle brought instant success on the field aided by an undeniable charisma, yet crucially this was at a time of open owner disaffection and a broken club. More than anyone LB has brought the club back together but more than anyone LT has kept it together.

Lyle's advisers should remember that happiness doesn't buy you money - actually it's priceless. Lyle has the talents to take him far indeed and he is in precisely the right place to achieve that, firstly as a player with CAFC and then to enjoy the global possibilities and endless horizons afforded by our new owners. He is absolutely made for the media, for example. Chasing big paydays would be perfectly understandable but for Lyle there is a much bigger picture.

• Options
    Paying him the money probably wants (and rightly deserves) would be one thing. I wouldn’t be surprised if it made him the highest paid player in our history if we did...

But I suspect he also wants to see us build a squad that can also compete for promotion.

However, I’m not sure we will be in a position to do both. Nobody knows really what sort of money is going to be put into this team in the summer, but I have a feeling that re-signing Lyle Taylor would be the landmark signing ahead of any other transfers if they were to happen.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Shame he is the best crosser of a football we have as if he was on the end of his own crosses he would be up there as the League's top scorer.
    Whats stopping him, Lazy Bastard!