Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - Different Class

Comments

• Options
    Best shot accuracy and best goals to minutes in the Championship. Any scout of a lower league prem team will look at those stats and say he's worth a risk. He is a brilliant striker and I desperately hope he will be with us next year as our captain but I will make sure I enjoy the next twelve games.
  • Options
    From all of the info ESI are running a lean model, looking to increase revenues prior to spending similar in some ways to he who shall not be mentioned, yet at the same time Timer is saying how great Man city are, so it's a mixed message we are receiving. 

We will have alot more clarity in the summer. 

• Options
    If Lyle can bang in another 5-6 goals until the end of the season, then he should leave with a firm handshake and all of our best wishes.

Of course I would love to keep him, but a two year deal suited both parties at the time, so we can hardly complain when he doesn't want to sign another one.

Just hope that we are already well under way in our search for his potential replacement.
  • Options
    Replacing him isn't possible, from a footballing standpoint it'd cost us 5 million plus... and that is losing his talismanic energy and the connection between fans and team... 

We will know if ESI have the right funding very quickly after we are safe, or the season ends.
  • Options
    If we manage to retain him that will probs my be one of the biggest coups in our entire history I would say. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    mascot88 said:
    Replacing him isn't possible, from a footballing standpoint it'd cost us 5 million plus... and that is losing his talismanic energy and the connection between fans and team... 

We will know if ESI have the right funding very quickly after we are safe, or the season ends.
    If a Premier League club comes in for him I don’t see us keeping him. If that happens then failing to convince him to stay won’t prove ESIs funding either way.
    And would be the perfect solution for both Taylor and ESI 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    mascot88 said:

If a Premier League club comes in for him I don’t see us keeping him. If that happens then failing to convince him to stay won’t prove ESIs funding either way.
    Fair enough mate 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taylor is a monumental player. His skill levels,decision making and game awareness is right up there- i'm astonished he has only been playing in the lower leagues so far.
    Cant believe , in virtually the same move, we got money for Magennis and Taylor for free - incredible piece of business
    I understand what you mean to an extent but describing The Championship as a lower league is somewhat inaccurate. I reckon most people would rate Leagues 1&2 as the lower leagues, not The Championship.
    Incidentally......it’s the 6th ranked league in the world.
    Who by, FIFA? Interesting stuff.  
  • Options
    Would love to have seen Lyle play alongside Yann. That would have been tasty!
    Or Chris Duffy!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    For someone with such a big personality it’s easy to forget how unselfish he is as a player. He could easily up his own goal tally by shooting from wide positions, or even from staying more central, but he chooses to do the right thing for the team. 
    As for renaming the JS Stand the Lyle Taylor Stand, I think I’d prefer it if they printed his face on tickets sold to away fans. 👍
    Our first goal at Wembley being a perfect example of what you are saying.
  • Options
    He is highly skilled at winding up away fans. I loved his ridiculous goal celebration on Saturday.

I
  • Options
    How many penalties has he now scored with the not-so-new run up? Including the Villa game and shoot outs, it must be about 7/8?
  • Options
    His 1st goal Saturday was sublime. 

Lyle Taylor is the sort of guy you love if he plays for your team, but would hate if he played for the opposition. 

I love him, but only cause he plays for us
  • Options
    I fail to understand how he never played at a higher level. His all round game and workrate are very rare for a forward. 

Sadly I think we have no chance of keeping him.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I fail to understand how he never played at a higher level. His all round game and workrate are very rare for a forward. 

He wasn't prolific in his younger years, struggled at places like Scunthorpe, Sheff Utd, Bournemouth, Patrick Thistle.. As has been mentioned on here, he doesn't really like football, so perhaps he's learning more as a goalscorer as he becomes more experienced.
  • Options
    one of these days he's gonna miss one of those pens.......and I think I can forsee who against !
    I guess you're right one day he'll miss, but that's no reason to stop. He always uses the same style; every keeper in the division knows exactly what he does, yet to date none have found a way to stop him. Keep going Lyle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the way to save them is for the keeper to dummy his dive, but that is very difficult and would still be no guarantee. Keep them up Lyle.
  • Options
    If that spectacular angled 20 yard half volley that he tried at Wembley and just missed had gone in I reckon Lyle would be playing in the premier league this season. Small fractions....
  • Options
    one of these days he's gonna miss one of those pens.......and I think I can forsee who against !
    Mystic AFKA has already seen it in his tea leaves fffs and i have no reason to doubt Charlton Lifes soothsayer
  • Options
    Don’t worry we will be 3-0 up by then with 5 mins left......what could possibly go wrong?
  • Options
    Man City have missed their last 4 penalties and they've been taken in a "traditional" method, from high calibre players eg Aguero, Jesus, Gundogan. Any penalty taker who has scored 8 or so on the trot is likely to miss. But I have feeling that the moanies will decide they've forensically found the evidence as to why and how it was missed! 
  • Options

He wasn't prolific in his younger years, struggled at places like Scunthorpe, Sheff Utd, Bournemouth, Patrick Thistle.. As has been mentioned on here, he doesn't really like football, so perhaps he's learning more as a goalscorer as he becomes more experienced.
    Even though I heard Lyle say that, I still think he enjoys playing matches but until his breakthrough at Wimbledon at 27, Taylor endured the frustrations of being a professional footballer by not always being selected at his various clubs. Plus having strong opinions would have voiced that to his various managers and coaches on his travels.

Lyle Taylor loves the limelight and see pressure as a privilege. He wouldn't be the first footballer not to watch other matches or know who the next opponent was until the week before.

Charlton and Lyle have dovetailed so well that it would be sad to see it ended after 2 years. 

For me, Matt Southall doesn't say "my door is always open" and wait for Lyle and agent to come back, he realises he has a fantastic asset and uses any skill he possesses to be pro active and gets Taylor's signature on a new contract. 

• Options

Even though I heard Lyle say that, I still think he enjoys playing matches but until his breakthrough at Wimbledon at 27, Taylor endured the frustrations of being a professional footballer by not always being selected at his various clubs. Plus having strong opinions would have voiced that to his various managers and coaches on his travels.

Lyle Taylor loves the limelight and see pressure as a privilege. He wouldn't be the first footballer not to watch other matches or know who the next opponent was until the week before.

Charlton and Lyle have dovetailed so well that it would be sad to see it ended after 2 years. 

For me, Matt Southall doesn't say "my door is always open" and wait for Lyle and agent to come back, he realises he has a fantastic asset and uses any skill he possesses to be pro active and gets Taylor's signature on a new contract. 

The truth is probably somewhere in his mid 20s he though something a long the lines of "if I don't make a real effort for the next 5 years I am going to have to get a proper job".

We are half way through a 2 year window where he will get the only chance to never have to work again.  He isn't 23 and get a move in a year or 18 months if we don't match his ambition.  It's now or never for him and he and his advisors will know that as well. 
  • Options
    When was that counter attack interview exactly out of interest?
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Trump last rally sounded more like it was at a farm than a town hall with all the mooing going on.
    Promoting this on the basis he got the wrong thread