Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - Different Class

Comments

• Options
    Surely the key to Lyle staying is which division we are in at the end of the season. If we go down, he will go. If we stay up and can make him a good offer, he will stay.
    I think there is a lot in this, but can we offer enough? He's 29 and we know he sees football as a job, that he happens to be rather good at, than a vocation. I can't see him going to one of the promoted clubs for a payday but I could see him moving to one of the relegated ones, now he's proven at this level. I think we'll end up competing financially with the likes of Norwich.

Whether we have the dosh to do this is anyone's guess but he's going to cost us a relative fortune to replace so, theoretically, we have that to play with though. 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    We look worse defensively when he comes off too. I also love that he's the archetypal player the opposition love to hate, I can't remember us having someone like that. 
    Opposing fans all used to hate Yann.
    Really?
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    We look worse defensively when he comes off too. I also love that he's the archetypal player the opposition love to hate, I can't remember us having someone like that. 
    Really?
    Yann was brilliant at stamping on defenders feet and getting in sly little digs. The away fans definitely saw it but the referee rarely did.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Really?
    Yann was brilliant at stamping on defenders feet and getting in sly little digs. The away fans definitely saw it but the referee rarely did.
    News to me.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    Really?
    News to me.
    And me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last week he mentioned that he doesn’t like football but fuck me he can play it. Definitely getter better as he gets older. More intelligent with every game and you can tell nothing phases him. If he was fit all season then he’d have close to 20 goals by now. 
  • Options
    Stig said:
    RedPanda said:
    Really?
    News to me.
    And me.
    Me three.
  • Options
    One player doesn’t make a team , but Lyle is pretty damn close. 
  • Options
    Did he wave to the crowd at the end of the match?
    Obviously he was saying goodbye to the Charlton fans and moving on!
  • Options
    Kyle Taylor baby is worth the entrance fee alone. 
  • Options
    An exceptional player for us who we must sign up for next season  . Does anyone know a striker who works as hard as Lyle ?
  • Options
    Said it before, he is the ethos of Lee Bowyer's Charlton.  Love him.  So pleased we kept him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    The job of the manager is to ensure that the whole team acts as one and that no player is more important than the rest.  However good they are, however inspirational they are, no-one is more important than his team mates.  

Lee Bowyer needs to make sure that every single Charlton player knows this and each of them knows their role in the team.  And that's simply to pass the ball to Lyle Taylor. 
    I’ve only lol’d this because it made me laugh, even if there is a slight element of truth in the post. 
  • Options
    I think he is even better than before his injury. 
  • Options
    If only we had got him 5 years earlier. 
  • Options
    One area he’s improved a lot this season is walking the line. Missed those matches through suspension last season that, arguably, cost us promotion and also had to run the gauntlet trying to avoid a suspension for 10 bookings. He’s still a niggly little WUM, but it’s been a while since his last ‘stupid’ booking. Sets just the right example and definitely thrives on wearing the armband today. Bonne is learning some tricks from him too. 
  • Options
    Genuinely missed him getting booked today - what did he do?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Chizz said:
    One area he’s improved a lot this season is walking the line. Missed those matches through suspension last season that, arguably, cost us promotion and also had to run the gauntlet trying to avoid a suspension for 10 bookings. He’s still a niggly little WUM, but it’s been a while since his last ‘stupid’ booking. Sets just the right example and definitely thrives on wearing the armband today. Bonne is learning some tricks from him too. 
    I don't think he cost us promotion last season. 
    Thanks for tuning in from pedants’ corner. Automatic promotion then, you know what I meant.