Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Questions for CAST to ask Matt Southall, 11 March

Comments

• Options
    I hope that there is "welcoming party" waiting for him, should he have the temerity to show up. 
  • Options
    @Rob7Lee - is this thread actually being used to inform any of the questions the CAST board members intend to ask?

Apologies if you’ve already clarified that point, but it might be worth setting expectations if not. 
  • Options
    Give me your clothes, your shoes and your range rovers (bitch?)
  • Options
    @RedRyan, you are talking my Language !
    That is so impressive for a reception class.

What do you teach year one's ?
  • Options
    With Nimer's lawyers now proceeding with MS voluntary resignation or removed via the courts, presumably CAST will no longer be meeting MS.
  • Options
    With Nimer's lawyers now proceeding with MS voluntary resignation or removed via the courts, presumably CAST will no longer be meeting MS.
    The meeting does seem rather pointless
  • Options
    Well if he doesn't turn up you know where he lives😉
  • Options
    When was you going to tell us about the EFL registration embargo ?
  • Options
    When @Rob7Lee uses the word "impartial" I believe he means that both parties appear right now to be unfit to own our club, until they can prove otherwise. There are plenty of questions for Tanoon and his mates too, but they will be harder to get hold of. That is not a reason not to meet Southall if he is willing to do so. Last time I heard ( this morning), it is still on.
    not sure if I agree with that necessarily. If Tahnoon is funding the Club and wants to pay consultancy fees to a couple of 'mates' that is up to him. What Matt Southall has done has been totally underhand and obviously wasn't sanctioned by Tahnoon. Tahnoon has maybe been a bit OTT on social media but it has had the desired effect and has shown MS as the charlatan he is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I disagree, i'd love to know what he has to say in his defence. Might be the only/last chance we get to hear about it.

He might also reveal stuff about Nimer and his mates, as let's face it they are all on that expense list too. Why was van Seventer for example paid 90k in consultancy fees?
  • Options
    I disagree, i'd love to know what he has to say in his defence. Might be the only/last chance we get to hear about it.

He might also reveal stuff about Nimer and his mates, as let's face it they are all on that expense list too. Why was van Seventer for example paid 90k in consultancy fees?
    A good point, but can we trust Southall to tell the truth about any of this?
  • Options

A good point, but can we trust Southall to tell the truth about any of this?
    No, but honestly i don't think i'd trust anyone on either side involved in this mess, unless Chris Parkes decides to speak out.
  • Options
    When did you first realise you lacked the honesty and competence to do this job?
  • Options
    How long are these meeting? Coz there's a lot to get through here
  • Options
    The meeting should still take place.  The Trust will be able to see through him very quickly if he is lying I feel.  He's a fool if he takes the meeting, but if he backs out, makes him look very suspect 
  • Options
    Please outline the full ownership of the club please and who really owns what? On all sides and please ask if Kia Joorabchian is in the background as rumoured? I am aware that these links with KJ may well be tenuous but they are there in your past Mr Southall. 
  • Options
    I would love to know why himself and all his cronies were charging 'Consultancy fees'. What/whom were you consulting and why were you charging fees when you already are earning a salary?
  • Options
    I would love to know why himself and all his cronies were charging 'Consultancy fees'. What/whom were you consulting and why were you charging fees when you already are earning a salary?
    I wonder if he has been charging fees for things like this meeting with CAST as he sees it as extracurricular and he should therefore be paid for it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has he not cancelled yet?

Brave or stupid.
  • Options
    Has he not cancelled yet?

Brave or stupid.
    Stupid. 
  • Options
    What time is it due to be taking place?
  • Options
    Has this takeover changed your life and your families for good???
  • Options
    Southall wont be there, with a bit of luck he'll be locked up.
  • Options
    Companies House has been told you personally own or control between 25 and 50% of the issued share capital of ESI: how many do you own directly, how many do you control indirectly and through whom?
    ESI in turn is declared as controlling "more than 75%" of the issued share capital of CAFC Ltd, is that actually 100%?  If not who owns/controls the rest?

Who sanctions significant expenditure?
    Justify repeated so called consultancy fees of tens of thousands of £ in just a couple of months?
    Justify £300k commitment for your private accommodation for 2 years, when you can buy a flat outright for that within easy commuting distance of the Valley.
    Why were your personal image and trappings of wealth as an executive more important than reinforcing the squad in January?
    How long did you think you'd get away with it?
    Do you think all Charlton fans are morons?
    Are you looking forward to being the wing bitch when you get relocated to Belmarsh? 
  • Options
    RedRyan said:
    Today I have gone through rhetorical methods with my class, including some of the below methods of questioning, so here are seven ways to ask questions tonight:

Epiplexis - questions used to chide or rebuke - "How could you dare to sit there making commitments to marquee singings, whilst knowing that we are under transfer embargo?"

Anacoenosis - asking the audience to consider their views - "Does it not seem immoral to you that a Chairman would spout such nonsense?"

Hypophora - asking then immediately answering a question - "How much are you spaffing on a flat, using the club's finances? £12k per month, or £3k per week. What should that money have gone on? Players."

Aporia - questions without a clear answer (or an answer in the negative), often one after another - "What use is a lying Chairman? What hope does the club have for better ownership? What does the future of the club hold after this monumental cock up?"

Antypophora - questioning your own statement with a contrasting response - "Didn't we all welcome you with open arms? Yes, but we knew not the depths of depravity behind that cocksure smile."

Erotesisquestions presupposing a strong and obvious answer - "Isn't it wrong to steal? To lie, to cheat, to defraud?"

Ratiocinatio - making a statement, questioning it, then answering that question - "We were desperate for new owners after suffering with Roland for years. But did we deserve this? No - surely we deserved someone honest."

I'd give this a Like and LOL if I could. Excellent work!