Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford v Charlton | Post-match Thread 7.7.2020

Comments

• Options
    sammy391 said:
    Categorically CANNOT lose the next 3!

too complacent is going defensive that undoes 2 thirds of the games hard work! 

Back to looking over our shoulders now, which is something we shouldn’t have to be doing! 

Shame, I fear for us now 
    Win 2 from reading, brum and wigan and we are safe off our own back. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    We play that first-half side against Millwall, we probably beat the fuckers
    Exactly what I said whilst watching.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    I thought it was a definite pen . If we didn’t get that, we’d all be fuming 
    Yeah I thought it was a pen as well.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Categorically CANNOT lose the next 3!

too complacent is going defensive that undoes 2 thirds of the games hard work! 

Back to looking over our shoulders now, which is something we shouldn’t have to be doing! 

Shame, I fear for us now 
    Well we can if the teams below us fail to match whatever results we get
  • Options
    Shows you where we are....fcuking Brentford !
  • Options
    Who were they clapping at the end in the crowd cheering them one. I was already wound up but that tipped me over edge. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taking off Williams and bringing on Lapsie is such a difference in quality. It shows our lack of depth. 
    Who would you have taken Williams off for?

Dont just sit there and bemoan decisions from Bowyer, actually suggest what he should have done better?
  • Options
    Better team won, we played as well as we could given the squad, huge 2 games coming up need 4 points as a minimum, hopefully both Millscum and Brizel win tomorrow 🙏🙏
  • Options
    Win Saturday and we will all be in a good place. 
    Chill 
  • Options
    At this moment they are the best side in the league and we did very well up until the pen.
  • Options
    Very disappointing in the end as we were good value for at least a point today. Brentford very good there, you can see how they’ve been scoring for fun. Field was injured I think and Williams was knackered so I don’t really think Bows could have kept them on.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Could have got something, although the stats say we would have been fortunate. On another night we could have shipped 4 or 5 so the positive is that we've protected our goal difference.

Assuming the 12 point deduction for Wigan, we are in reality 5 points clear with 4 games to go. I would have bitten your hand off for that when we restarted.

We will be fine - have faith!
  • Options
    Didn’t expect anything, but so pissed off with the manner of the defeat. A couple of the substitutions were laughable. Don’t want to knock Bowyer as the tools at his disposal aren’t great, but he needs to get a bit of tactical nous on-board. Whilst we were backs to the wall for the most , Doughty and Williams are our best form off attack....not much good sitting in the stand. 
    Honestly thought after the first 3 games back we had a bit of backbone, but after the last 2 games we are only heading in one direction. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    The best first half for a long time. If we play to that standard over the next three games we should get some good results. Cullen, Field, Foster Caskey and Williams in midfield is a decent Championship level when on form.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Feel like people complaining about the subs need to realise that it's more a mark of our lack of squad depth than bad tactics from Bowyer. Williams doesn't have 90 minutes in him when he's at his peak match fitness and he's barely been judged fit enough to appear in our games so far from the bench. Field has come back from a knee injury that was supposed to end his season and before the restart hadn't played since October. These were forced changes and it's just a shame that we don't have equivalent players on our bench when changes needed to be made. It's hard to swallow as we were winning until 75 mins in but if we take these performances into our upcoming 'winnable' matches then we should be ok.
    And a striker scored!
    Gotta find something else to moan about though - Surprised Phillips isnt getting anything for that spilled shot that hit him in the chest

Trouble is a lot of Lifers have been proven wrong already after saying we didnt have a hope in hell post-Millwall
  • Options
    Who gave away the penalty?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Who were they clapping at the end in the crowd cheering them one. I was already wound up but that tipped me over edge. 
    They were clapping the ref!
  • Options
    All over the place at the end.
     Midfield confused with all the changes lead to them all leaving Brentford's most influential player to stroll at free will.

Aneke looked like he'd already played 80mins when he came on!
  • Options
    Who gave away the penalty?
    Cullen
  • Options
    Taking off Williams and bringing on Lapsie is such a difference in quality. It shows our lack of depth. 
    Who would you have taken Williams off for?

Dont just sit there and bemoan decisions from Bowyer, actually suggest what he should have done better?
    Leave him on the pitch. 

Stick him up front at the end and tell him to draw fouls. 
  • Options
    Taking Williams off for Lapslie, we deserve to lose for that sub alone
  • Options
    A goal from open play, only -1 on GD and however frustrating, I was anticipating worse. Bonus was the 1-1 draw at the foot of the table. The next three games, as all have been saying, are the all important ones and 2 wins from those three should do it, ideally one of those against against Wigan. 

I am already looking forward to Saturday.
  • Options
    Wigan deduction isn’t guaranteed and we should no way be relying on it.