Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford v Charlton | Post-match Thread 7.7.2020

Comments

• Options
    Thought we may have got something out of it... and then bowyer tinkered too much. Albeit field had to come off. 
  • Options
    only saw the second goal from the corner once as i stormed out the room after that so missed the replay, was anyone at fault? 
  • Options
    only saw the second goal from the corner once as i stormed out the room after that so missed the replay, was anyone at fault? 
    Looked to be a free header
  • Options
    Taking off Williams and bringing on Lapsie is such a difference in quality. It shows our lack of depth. 
    Who would you have taken Williams off for?

Dont just sit there and bemoan decisions from Bowyer, actually suggest what he should have done better?
    No one, he wasn't running on empty was still tracking back and looked as energetic as anyone. Was too soon getting him off. 
  • Options
    Well played lads.
    Pratley and Lockyer clear for remaining games barring sending offs/
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    They dominated for large swathes of the game. The difference in class is palpable, and you know what? It's not an unfair result in my book. However, it's unfair that we lost like that - to two late goals after some really great resistance.

We are clearly a team. We're at least as good a team as Brentford, who play and understand each other beautifully - they just happen to have much better players.

It was a pen and they probably deserved the win. Not because we were poor at all, but because they were a lot better. 

Four games left. We show that same application in the rest of the games and we have a big chance. COYR. 

Well said, Paddy.
    Let's all lighten up, take deep breaths and relax. We will be ok.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    RedRyan said:
    Was it a pen?  :#
    Stonewall 
    Not sure you can tell, even with the replays. Benrahma went steaming in, but I think Cullen got the ball. Result, Benrahma goes flying into the air, and the pen is given. Judging by Cullen's anger at the end of the match, I'm not sure.
    But as they say, seen 'em given.

I think we lost because we removed any attacking threat with the subs (Williams wasn't knackerd - he looked fresh), meaning Brentford just piled forward, and it seemed inevitable that they would score.
    And how we switched off for that corner! No one aware of the short ball, so a simple unchallenged cross was all it took.
    And yet in the first half we still posed a threat after our goal. If we'd kept playing that way we might even have nicked a second.
    The players will be gutted, and will need to pick themselves up again.
    Same here.
    I'm a Millwall fan tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looked to me like it went in off the back of Pearce’s head as he challenged Pinnock.
  • Options
    Must win now on Saturday and things could be looking good. Running out of games now for all teams so 49/50 points should do it. 
  • Options
    McGeady should of replaced Williams like for like not Lapslie we were up against when we had an outlet but once Bowyer made that decision there would be only one outcome.
    Was such a negative substitution. He might as well have put Amos on.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Taking off Williams and bringing on Lapsie is such a difference in quality. It shows our lack of depth. 
    Who would you have taken Williams off for?

Dont just sit there and bemoan decisions from Bowyer, actually suggest what he should have done better?
    No one, he wasn't running on empty was still tracking back and looked as energetic as anyone. Was too soon getting him off. 
    Why do we need to get to the point with him running on empty though, especially with Reading on Saturday?

As I put on the match thread, you dont need to look tired to be tired
  • Options
    Who was it that allowed such an easy short corner, Oshilaja? I want to be sure first before I rip the shit out of him. 
  • Options
    Things like this need to stop from all teams... Or is Football turning into American Football with four quarters rather than two halves now?

Agreed. It’s supposed to be a drinks break and their manager gets out a fucking white board. Shouldn’t be allowed
    If you can get an image of the Charlton bench you will see that Bowyer got a white flag out.
  • Options
    Not closing down the cross was the biggest problem, but then we stood off them all second half too much
  • Options
    I thought we did well first half and the subs didn't do us any favours. Luton Barnsley drawing was a good result for us. Two more wins to guarantee safety although I suspect one more might be enough 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Who was it that allowed such an easy short corner, Oshilaja? I want to be sure first before I rip the shit out of him. 
    Just rip the shit out of him anyway.
  • Options
    Things like this need to stop from all teams... Or is Football turning into American Football with four quarters rather than two halves now?

Agreed. It’s supposed to be a drinks break and their manager gets out a fucking white board. Shouldn’t be allowed
    If its a water break then the players should meet the water carriers in the centre circle

Managers should be kept apart from the players - If you want to shout instructions or pass bits of paper then fair enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looked to me like it went in off the back of Pearce’s head as he challenged Pinnock.
    Looked like Pearce ducked it to me.
  • Options
    Would rather have kept Williams on longer. When he comes off (subbed) surely Morgan
    is the most creative on the bench?
  • Options
    Need to be more positive in focus and team selection. If we concede, it's three points out the window at the moment.
  • Options
    Our 2 closest rivals Hull and Borough.

Their 2 nexts games V ...... Millwall 🙄
  • Options
    Yeah looked like an OG to me.
  • Options
    sickening but 30% possession against a top side will end up with a loss more often than not .

I watch us and think we're not as bad as I think , then the game goes on and I think we probably are as bad as I think , then further on i'm thinking we're worse than i think and we're going down 

3 goals in 8 games or 3 in 5 since the restart and oppo goalies aren't being kept busy 
    Defensively solid enough 

but we're gonna need the wigan 12 points deduction to stay up 

next 3 games we are capable of losing the lot, drawing the lot or  winning the lot .. luckily 4 points or 2 wins should be enough wigan dependant 

such hope for so long during that game , even as a pessimist i still think oh we might hang on

at least the Bonne man scores 

i'm broken just hope the wigwam is too .

relegation 45% ........safety britvic%