Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Thread: Charlton v Doncaster | Saturday 19th September 2020.

Well that was freakishly bad for a Bowyer team performance.

Stark contrast to last week. 

Comments

• Options
    Expect Bowyer not to hold back in his post match presser
  • Options
    Thought Doncaster played well. Looked everything that we aren’t, a solId team which everyone knew their roles and worked as a team.

Worrying how bad we were from the twenty minute onwards. Zero positives from that performance and result. Hope Bowyer lays into them. 

• Options
    edited September 2020
    WANKERS!!!!

That's better.  First of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad I was asleep for most of it.

Two senior fit defenders in the whole squad, results like this are going to happen.

Major rebuild needed and we won’t be getting promoted this season unfortunately. Hopefully this will be the last rebuild after so many false dawns in the last 10 years.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Yeah next week against a fast starting Lincoln will be interesting

Were Doncaster better than Crewe last week, did that 2-0 win really flatter to deceive?

We started so well so I dont think we're as bad as made out in this Division, we just need some balance and some leadership within the team - The bench certainly could be stronger even if the starting eleven looked decent... Wouldnt be surprised if Bowyer used the lack of subs as a message to show that we need reinforcements yet thats clear anyway

Ultimately having just one senior CB and one senior Left-Back is going to hurt us unless we can get something sorted soon

This'll be the legacy that both versions of East Street Investments leave behind, its not the place to be discussing but that legacy wont be forgotten thats for sure!!

A lot of overly harsh comments on the match thread that might be fair on another day, those fans need to wake up to the harsh reality
  • Options
    I totally understand the need to for reinforcements especially in defence. But look at first 11, most of them have already competed in the championship and done better. 

The fact of the matter is we should not be going 3 - 0 down with that team against Doncaster. 
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Usually the first to defend Macauley Bonne, but oh my God he was useless. He loves a wonder goal from time to time, but he can't finish sitters to save his life. 

I'm glad they didn't give up at 3-0 dowj and at least they went down swinging, but the fact we need investment is obvious. A depressing watch

Yep, my 12 yo son would have put most of those away...so so poor.

• Options
    I don't think I have ever cared less about loosing a game this early in the season. 

Maybe when Jose's Chelsea beat us 2-0 when Crespo scored?

It doesn't matter in the big picture does it.  
  • Options
    Too many not at the races. Oshilaja, JFC, Gilbey, Doughty, Bonne all shite. Gonna be a long season if we don't get this embargo lifted.
  • Options
    Need a Darren Bent & Andy Reid couple of signings amongst those that come in, if ever they do. 

This team is just disjointed due to the lack of quality, even at this level. Respect to Donny Rovers, they always put out a team that compete. 

Bowyer is doing whatever he can with what we have. These players didn't get relegated over 46 games by mistake. 
  • Options
    Bad day players:

JFC
    Bonne
    Barker
    Purrington
    Doughty
    Gilbey
    Pratley
    Oshilaja
    Amos

Good enough:

Washington
    Morgan

That's why we lost.

2 players had decent enough games.

Albie's passing is such a strength.

Washington the surprise of our whole 2 signings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A lot to sort out before the next few games (Lincoln, Sunderland, Ipswich). 
  • Options
    Desperate for a right back and two centre backs, plus a fit Pearce. Would also take the money for Bonne and try to get a proven lower league striker.
  • Options
    Reality check, not least that our 'best' players are in L1 for a reason.  
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Can I humbly apologise for being a little annoyed and exaggerating massively when complaining about lack of shots from outside the box on the match thread. Two in ninety five minutes, not one.

I was hoping to be cheered up after my father-in-law's funeral yesterday. I might have known I was grasping at straws expecting it to come from SE7. 

And now I find out that the Lincoln game is on fucking Sunday so that fucks up my birthday too. 

What a fucking year.         
  • Options
    Can I humbly apologise for being a little annoyed and exaggerating massively when complaining about lack of shots from outside the box on the match thread. Two in ninety minutes, not one.

I was hoping to be cheered up after my father-in-law's funeral yesterday. I might have known I was grasping at straws expecting it to come from SE7. 

And now I find out that the Lincoln game is on fucking Sunday so that fucks up my birthday too. 

What a fucking year.         
    Sorry to hear about your father in law mate. Forget about charlton and just try enjoy your birthday. Hopefully happier times are on the way.
  • Options
    Followed on here.

Lost that game in midfield. Gilbey JFC Morgan - none of which are known for their tough tackling and harrassing of players. No problems starting two "creative" types Gilbey, Morgan, Williams, Levitt(?) But the 3rd has to have that bite to make up for the other two lack of defensive work and getting caught out of position (forwards). Takes pressure off the back 2 and is someone to close down shots from outside our box. 

Pratley gave it last season but is pegged back to CB so far.

Bonne not taking his chances again, sounds like he had 4 clear cut? Sadly he needs at least 8 before one goes in.

Sign a CB ASAP, get Pratley between Gilbey and Morgan, hold on to and win the ball back in the middle, then play more chances in to Bonne.