Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Thread: Charlton v Doncaster | Saturday 19th September 2020.

Comments

• Options
    cazo said:
    Been saying for a a few years where to lite weight all over the team 
    Not bad. 15 words (14 if you don't count the 2 a's together) and there are 3 spelling mistakes (plus the double a) 

We're
    Too
    Light

(Meant to be somewhat lighthearted)
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Could say the exact same thing about the manager.

Complacent. Knows he wont be sacked. Knows there aren't managers queuing up for his job. 

What's good for the goose....
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Hate to say it, but we miss you know who. And what we’d give to have Aribo back right now. 

Didn't see the match but it's obvious that we will miss him. What makes it worse is that he will only play for them in the League Cup, as on Tuesday against us.

Definitely our biggest loss of the Bowyer era.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    JamesSeed said:
    Hate to say it, but we miss you know who. And what we’d give to have Aribo back right now. 

Didn't see the match but it's obvious that we will miss him. What makes it worse is that he will only play for them in the League Cup, as on Tuesday against us.

I think he meant Taylor.....
  • Options
    Just seen the 2 min action on the rolling reels thread.

Bonne seems to have the knack of just missing being on the end of a shot/cross. 2nd week in a row that he has failed to get a touch & he's ended up in the back of the net instead of the ball. Bad luck or just not on his toes enough...??  Wont comment any further as I got a roasting on the match thread for saying he is not good enough as the main striker. All I will say is that if someone offered me £750k for him I'd bite their hands off  (as long as we had a decent replacement lined up of course).
    I’m Bonne’s biggest critic and think he’s pony but to be fair to him in the Sky highlights he (number 9)was involved with two good moments in the build up to the chance where Gilbey (number 11) ended up in the back of the net .
  • Options
    Just seen the 2 min action on the rolling reels thread.

Bonne seems to have the knack of just missing being on the end of a shot/cross. 2nd week in a row that he has failed to get a touch & he's ended up in the back of the net instead of the ball. Bad luck or just not on his toes enough...??  Wont comment any further as I got a roasting on the match thread for saying he is not good enough as the main striker. All I will say is that if someone offered me £750k for him I'd bite their hands off  (as long as we had a decent replacement lined up of course).
    And that bit in bold is the problem of course. We're definitely not going to get a decent replacement on the wages we can offer while we're under embargo, and I have my doubts about it once we're back at standard League One salary cap levels.
  • Options
    PWR.
    My nap away, came in ( beat the bookies is my receipt) and I'm gutted.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    mendonca said:
    Prately's 'mistake' for the first goal seemed to be an interception to cutout a through ball, rather than a misplaced pass. They are 2 very different things. 
    He misplaced a pass before the interception. 
    Pratley was my POTS last year and still one of my favourite players but that attempted pass was criminal, the only saving grace was he knew it and put his hand up. 

I was coaching 8 year olds Saturday morning exact same thing, if passing accross the back don't miss a player out. 
  • Options
    Last year we had Sarr,Lockyer and pearce vying for central defensive places,with Oshi a good back up.Now Oshi is the main man,no disrespect but he needs a talker alongside him.We badly miss playing the ball out,Sarr and Pearce could do this,now we are hitting to many long balls,with no one up front capable of hold up play.I felt for Barker,he has played more than he should have done and not let us down,but I fear the own goal will worry him,(I am sure his mates will lift him but he is 17 and it will play on his mind)Pratley is a work horse but he is 35, and will be vital in the months ahead,he needs to be managed.If this embargo is not lifted soon,I will state the bleedin obvious,we are in big trouble.Very easy to have a go at the midfield players,but how many times was the ball played out of defence quickly to their feet,Purrington had problems with no Pearce to cover him,we have no right back ( I would have stuck with Lapslie),Shame about Chucks,wish him well,he was just starting to show what he could do.Surely soon we must have a change of fortune on and off the pitch,because this whole situation is really getting me and no doubt many others down.
  • Options
    Bowyer was a genius for taking Barker off pretty much straight after that own goal incident - Leaving him on may have stopped it at 2-0 but bet it would have played on the youngster's mind and he'd have gone on to make further mistakes ruining him like we saw with Pigott
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    First goal did us. Good shot but Amos was most certainly not on his toes. Should have saved it IMO. Phillips is a better keeper. Gilbey looked good, Morgan far less so. We might have been better with Oz. Doughty had a massive off game, probably due to their defensive abilities, so credit for that.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    If he was on his toes he could have taken the quick step to his left before diving. It was definitely saveable. I am confident Phillips would have been more likely to save it.
  • Options
    Piss poor really, it was literally a representation of the shit happening off the pitch
  • Options
    Perhaps it is just my enthusiasm/optimism waning but the result did not come as a great shock. At least Thomas being there means he now knows what it is to be a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    We looked tired and off the pace yesterday . We have over a week off now with hopefully some new players in contention for Lincoln .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

I think he meant Taylor.....
    Who?
  • Options
    We miss Taylor and Sarr, who gave the team presence and the ability to produce the unexpected. We looked a bit anaemic yesterday. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    We miss Taylor and Sarr, who gave the team presence and the ability to produce the unexpected. We looked a bit anaemic yesterday. 
    And Pearce to organise the back line, Cullen to pull the strings in midfield - and Matthews to go marauding up the line and put over one of his crosses.
  • Options
    Gilbey continuing with his high pass rate
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Interesting that JFC has by far the highest number of passes. And was all over the pitch

Surprised also how little of the ball Washington got
  • Options
    Most disappointing thing for me was the effect the first goal had on us. Until then I thought we were good and creating chances. After the goal we looked terrible for the rest of the first half.  Mentally I don't think the team handled it well. 
    The style of 4-3-3 that we are playing means we will see a lot more long balls, if a high percentage of those balls are inaccurate then we are going to be poor.
    Completely agree with this.
    Only one team in it until they got their first (us), only one team in it afterwards (them).
  • Options
    What disapointed me the most was how little we did after we got a goal back.
  • Options
    It was complete pony ! Our first 11 is better than that, nothing to do with anything,  other than a bad day at the office. Bowyer paid to sort it out. So let’s hope he does.....