Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Thread: Charlton v Doncaster | Saturday 19th September 2020.

Comments

• Options
    Talal said:
    Regarding Amos, it's one game let's not overreact. We may have to sell Phillips just to get another defender in if nothing changes with TS. 
    Yeah its the one condition I need to give him

Ive stressed myself tonight how bad we are with Defenders so wouldnt be fair to properly judge him until he's got proper protection... Especially when I constantly say a Goalkeeper is only good as his defence!! 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I think he is never short on effort but if someone came in with an offer of 750k for Bonne I would let him go. I know LB says we bought him as a project but as our main striker he misses too many chances. 
    So you want to play the rest of the season with only Washington and Davison (plus 45 minutes per game with Aneke)?
    We will be able to bring players in before the windows closes imo. All I'm saying is he isnt a striker at the moment that you can have any confidence that he will score if he gets a sniff. As I said 100% effort no doubt but I would rather replace him with an older goal scorer in our situation as it stand
  • Options
    He didn't play well today, but did Bonne miss any clear chances which weren't offside anyway? 2 bad headers, but he was offside for both
  • Options
    .Our strength should be our midfield but I don’t know what system they are playing and nor do half the players. 
  • Options
    He didn't play well today, but did Bonne miss any clear chances which weren't offside anyway? 2 bad headers, but he was offside for both
    Its what I'm finding most amusing... People are focusing on the misses BUT he needs to learn to stay onside a lot better

We saw from the Wigan match though why he's kept on in games
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    I think he is never short on effort but if someone came in with an offer of 750k for Bonne I would let him go. I know LB says we bought him as a project but as our main striker he misses too many chances. 
    So you want to play the rest of the season with only Washington and Davison (plus 45 minutes per game with Aneke)?
    We will be able to bring players in before the windows closes imo. All I'm saying is he isnt a striker at the moment that you can have any confidence that he will score if he gets a sniff. As I said 100% effort no doubt but I would rather replace him with an older goal scorer in our situation as it stand
    I only listened to the commentary, so need to see the chances on video, but how many clear chances do you think he missed today? It didn't come across like that on the radio. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    I only listened to the commentary, so need to see the chances on video, but how many clear chances do you think he missed today? It didn't come across like that on the radio. 
    He didnt have any chances when you take into account both his headers were offside

Both should have been on target though and should have been better if he was coming from an onside position
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was at the game - well done the fans for singing at 3 down! 

They looked sharper and wanted it more. 

We need new back 4 and a centre forward to challenge Bonne.

Washington was the only player above a 6 out of 10.
  • Options
    Been saying for a a few years where to lite weight all over the team 
  • Options
    No point having a pop at the manager

8 of that side shouldn’t be in the first team, last week we got away with it by playing a league 2 side with a potential new owner bounce, today we played a good league 1 side with more shite going on behind the scenes.

We played two different styles of team. Crewe tried to take the game to us and we broke on them and took advantage.

Doncaster allowed us the ball and broke on us and took advantage of our make shift back 4. Will have to get use to that this season.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    He didnt have any chances when you take into account both his headers were offside

Both should have been on target though and should have been better if he was coming from an onside position
    Sorry mate, but he had two free headers from 5 yards out and fluffed them.
    He didn' t know he was offside until after he had ballsed them up
    You'd have to ask him about that one... Plenty of players know their offside as you can often tell by their reaction

But as per my first line, I agree... He should have done A LOT better had he been coming from an onside position
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:

This
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:

The point is though that it didn't make any difference to the outcome of the game

Yes he should have done better, indeed so should have Pratley with his header, but strikers do miss chances. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No point having a pop at the manager

8 of that side shouldn’t be in the first team, last week we got away with it by playing a league 2 side with a potential new owner bounce, today we played a good league 1 side with more shite going on behind the scenes.

Seriously in League 1? Just out of interest, who are the 8 in your opinion?
  • Options
    Sangaard statement.

"Well I had it all ironed out, BUT yer shit. I am out!"

He’s probably put a bid in for Doncaster instead!
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:

An older goalscorer who is willing to accept £1300 a week? Everyone in this division is looking for a cheap goalscorer. We are on an embargo & have to sell a player to bring one in. Who do you think we should sell to bring one in ? Bearing in mind of course if you suggest Bonne & then the deal to bring in a replacement striker falls through we'll have even less up front & considering he scored 11 in the championship & scored a fantastic goal at Crewe personally I'd rather stick with Bonne. 
  • Options
    I’m not going to criticise anyone for losing today. Just too much shite impacting on the situation at the moment. 
    I really can’t believe I’m saying this after watching us for 42 years but I couldn’t give a fuck at the moment.

I’m just sick of the whole thing and if I’m honest, part of me is thinking just go out of business, be done with it and put me out of my misery. 

I’m hoping I start to think differently but just can’t get worked up about it.

Feel exactly the same Dave, only I've been at it since January '62

Last 10 years just shit, shit, shit, glimmer of hope then shite, shit, shit and more frigging shit.

And for the last 6-7 years it all leads back to Rolands door and to a lesser extent his best mate at the Valley Ricky 'Muzza' Murray.

What a win double that pair of tossers are.
    Rapidly losing interest as well. Expected us to lose today and not surprised. 

Hard to even get annoyed anymore.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Really expected more from JFC. Didn't think he offered much against Swindon and was very poor today. I know he's had his injuries but he should be imposing himself at this level. 
    To me he always feels a bit pedestrian when he is in the middle of the park. I think there's a player in there somewhere, and he clearly has a bit of talent to drive the ball forwards as we saw when he played left back that time.

Maybe he just plays to safe when he playing in the centre. But I'd much rather see someone more box to box than him playing that role. 
  • Options
    Sorry Fortune 82nd minute i don’t know how to quote

8 was over the top I meant 7

In my opinion Bow wouldn’t have played the following if he could

Amos
    Barker
    Oshijilaja
    Purrington
    Morgan
    JFC
    Washington

Great that CW has scored 2 in 2 but I’m convinced they would have another striker lined up alongside Bonne

Its irrelevant we are shit without a decent owner