Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Thread: Charlton v Doncaster | Saturday 19th September 2020.

Comments

• Options
    I’m not going to criticise anyone for losing today. Just too much shite impacting on the situation at the moment. 
    I really can’t believe I’m saying this after watching us for 42 years but I couldn’t give a fuck at the moment.

I’m just sick of the whole thing and if I’m honest, part of me is thinking just go out of business, be done with it and put me out of my misery. 

I’m hoping I start to think differently but just can’t get worked up about it.
    Sometimes I think that as well. Difference is I do still get worked up about it and then comes the let down. Not sure how much more I want this. I think I’l take up Origami or something to take my mind off it. 
  • Options
    I've bought this over from the match thread:

Hands up all of the people who said they were fed up up with the Court shenanigans and would never moan about the Football again ?
  • Options

Hands up all of the people who said they were fed up up with the Court shenanigans and would never moan about the Football again ?
    Well I'm fed up with everything so cannot help i'm afraid.
  • Options

I've moaned a bit about some players but to be honest I don't really care about the result. Not like I normally would anyway. 
  • Options
    In many ways todays result is the culmination of a very bad period of weeks, months and maybe years for our club.
    There is a small part of me that thinks that putting an end to Charlton would be better than this death by a thousand cuts.
    We don't appear to be able to escape the downward spiral that ESI one/two, a couple of high court judges and the EFL currently are responsible for.
    Plenty of straw clutching and hopes of T.S. rescuing us from this nightmare, look to be our only hope of salvation.    
  • Options
    Bows not very pleased with his keeper today, is he?

“Sloppy passing to midfield [for the first goal]. We know we have to take care in there because that’s what happens, it leads to goals. I’ve not seen it back because [club analyst] Brett isn’t around so I cant see anything back but my first initial thought was it didn’t look the best of strikes.

Ben [Amos], the goalie, says he couldn’t see it. Too many bodies in the way and he didn’t see it. I’d have to look back but I didn’t think it was a very good strike that should beat your goalie from that distance."

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-lee-bowyer-fears-complacency-may-have-set-in-after-doncaster-defeat/
  • Options
    Not sure how Bowyer can talk about complacency five games in, if so, then that’s pretty disgraceful at the start of a new season.

Regardless of quality of players they should still be up for it.
  • Options
    I’m not going to criticise anyone for losing today. Just too much shite impacting on the situation at the moment. 
    I really can’t believe I’m saying this after watching us for 42 years but I couldn’t give a fuck at the moment.

I’m just sick of the whole thing and if I’m honest, part of me is thinking just go out of business, be done with it and put me out of my misery. 

Feel the same Russ. Money killing the game at the top and the lack of it where we are. Tired of the scumbags infecting our club and the hopelessness of the EFucklingL. If you add to that the fact that many of us probably won't get a chance to watch Charlton in person for another year, it really is depressing. See you over PVR next month.
    If we was up there I would give a flying either. 

I was a premiership snob when we were that and that was after supporting us through the dark days at selhurst and prior. 

I didn't even check results of other divisions. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At least the best passer of a ball at man utd couldn't get on the pitch for us today. 
  • Options
    I think thats a cop out imo. Our starting x11 today is decent for this level, shouldn’t be immune from criticism
  • Options

Feel the same Russ. Money killing the game at the top and the lack of it where we are. Tired of the scumbags infecting our club and the hopelessness of the EFucklingL. If you add to that the fact that many of us probably won't get a chance to watch Charlton in person for another year, it really is depressing. See you over PVR next month.
    I’ll see you there mate.
  • Options
    Forgot we were playing today so just read the match thread through. From the second everyone started wanking themselves silly after the first 20 mins it was only ever going to go one way. Whether it be the takeover or the start of a game - we seriously get overexcited!
  • Options
    I think thats a cop out imo. Our starting x11 today is decent for this level, shouldn’t be immune from criticism
    Not really... If we had a natural right back and a natural second centre-back and played that way then Id agree

But there is such little balance in the team that they have to be given the benefit of the doubt for the time being
  • Options
    Except for the inability to finish, we looked pretty good until they scored.  After that there was only one team in it.  Was really surprised not to see a bit more fightback after half time. I think the pressure must be getting to everyone. Terrible times.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

“Sloppy passing to midfield [for the first goal]. We know we have to take care in there because that’s what happens, it leads to goals. I’ve not seen it back because [club analyst] Brett isn’t around so I cant see anything back but my first initial thought was it didn’t look the best of strikes.

Ben [Amos], the goalie, says he couldn’t see it. Too many bodies in the way and he didn’t see it. I’d have to look back but I didn’t think it was a very good strike that should beat your goalie from that distance."

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-boss-lee-bowyer-fears-complacency-may-have-set-in-after-doncaster-defeat/
    Maybe he can explain why Phillips wasn’t involved today then? 
  • Options
    Any team can have an off day...Man U losing to the nigels. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    se9addick said:
    Oggy Red said:

Thought he already had. 
    Solely not signing a new contract?
  • Options
    Bonne should get 15+ goals this season, given his return last season. Aneke won't get that, Davison won't get that, too early to tell if Washington will despite the good start. Unless the embargo is dropped and we're somehow able to find a 20 goal striker that's available then I don't see us doing much better. 
  • Options
    Going to be a long hard winter.
    Sound like Yukon Jack
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Talal said:
    se9addick said:
    Oggy Red said:

Thought he already had. 
    Solely not signing a new contract?
    Believe so. Given that he's not even making the bench I'd be surprised if he comes back into the team. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I've not slated a bowyer side really since he's come in and will always be supportive to him and the management team. 

Today, that's was dogshit, including bowyer. 

Morgan RM, Barker playing RB, you've fucked up today Bows 

Purrington, SCEFL standard at best. 
    Oshilaja - Ditto above.
    Doughty - took nobody on all game. 

Not even going to get started on Bonne's display. 

That was as poor as I've seen from a bowyer side by a long way in terms of effort and commitment. 

Love to hear if he says they gave everything as they didn't mate. 

Big Fat fucking line under that and regroup cause that was shocking. 

You didn't go to Huddersfield did you..... 
    Yes.

That day as I walked away from the ground, I told dad that I was so disappointed to lose to a team below us all season and get slaughtered to boot. He said, "Don't worry son, as a Charlton fan its something I've toughened up to over the last 70 years supporting our much loved team"

He accepted that I'm not at his level yet and we walked to the car, me protesting loudly to the Hudds fans merilly trudging up the hill and dad in quiet and calm contemplation. 

Losing doesn't get much easier for me. It seems the same for most on here, but win, lose, or draw, let's do it together, not divided, as the fucking bastards that blight our club would hope for. 

👍
  • Options
    Just caught up

Not that it mattered much on the result by the looks of it but anyone itk...has an explanation of why Dillon does not start?

Apologies if there are 14 threads on this - as said, I haven’t been following the shenanigans,  too busy/too lazy and too depressing to keep up with it all.

.....Get directed to various threads.... 🤣
  • Options
    Bonne is a work in progress as Bowyer says

What concerns me more up front is why Williams has been a fringe player in the league since lockdown. It says something that he starts in the cup midweek, but only has a 30 minute subs appearance today. Or how Oztumer, who as recently as 2017/18 scored 15 goals in L1 for a poor Walsall side has done nothing for us.
  • Options
    Wow that was poor on all fronts, poor in possession, poorly organised . lost just about every 50/50, physically out muscled all over the park.

So bloody disappointing.