Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Thread: Charlton v Doncaster | Saturday 19th September 2020.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I've not slated a bowyer side really since he's come in and will always be supportive to him and the management team. 

Today, that's was dogshit, including bowyer. 

Morgan RM, Barker playing RB, you've fucked up today Bows 

Purrington, SCEFL standard at best. 
    Oshilaja - Ditto above.
    Doughty - took nobody on all game. 

Not even going to get started on Bonne's display. 

That was as poor as I've seen from a bowyer side by a long way in terms of effort and commitment. 

Love to hear if he says they gave everything as they didn't mate. 

Big Fat fucking line under that and regroup cause that was shocking. 

• Options
    Should have taken the lead but too wasteful. Weak in defence and very few options.  Washington our man-of-the-match but little to choose from. Bowyer will need to pull another rabbit out of the hat at Lincoln next week if we are to get anything. Paul Elliott needs stringing up.
  • Options
    A lot to sort out before the next few games (Lincoln, Sunderland, Ipswich). 
    Could drop a lot of points unless we get sorted.
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss Algarve. But yeah, definitely clutching at straws there.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I totally understand the need to for reinforcements especially in defence. But look at first 11, most of them have already competed in the championship and done better. 

The fact of the matter is we should not be going 3 - 0 down with that team against Doncaster. 
    Look how pants a really good team are, like man city or man United, when the have a make shift defence.  Even if they have 6 world class players in front of them.

What a difference VVD made to Liverpool.  

Sort the defence out with proper adult league 1 players and our midfield and forwards will flourish. 
    Look how solid we were last year when we had 18 injuries and were playing kids for months on end. We still rarely got pumped and went 3 goals down.

We had the same defence against Crewe, a game we won comfortably. We were also comfortable for the first 20 minutes of this game as well. Its an easy excuse for people to make to completely blame lack of investment - and its certainly a contributing factor.

But also we have to look at the wider context as well. The way we were set up, the way played - and for me that was just as poor today. 
  • Options
    We need some signings ASAP. We haven't strengthened the squad in over a year and it shows 
  • Options
    Thought Bowyer made some very strange decisions today. Morgan wing back, not bringing off JFC earlier (who incidentally looks a non league player atm), playing Osh CB first half etc 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Staying out of the bottom 4 will be an achievement this season based on that performance let alone challenging for play offs or promotion.

That's assuming we last the season of course with all the ownership nonsense.
  • Options
    It's clear a lot of investment is needed in this squad but the players that played today aren't as bad as that showing.

Bonne had a very, very poor game and Washington is showing him up. Doughty didn't have the best of games either.

Positives are that Gilbey looked very decent in the first quarter of the game and Washington looked dangerous towards the end.

Lapslie on for Albie was a baffling substitution but LB doesn't have much to work with does he.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    It was a poor performance across the entire squad after their opening goal. We are short of CB's, we have kids playing and the bench was weak (except Williams), it shows we are crying out for quality bodies to come in. Someone said on Twitter that Ben Watson was sitting in the West Stand along with a young Arsenal kid, but we need 6/7 to come in and make a competitive squad. Today was a bad day at the office too many off their game, but I trust LB to sort this out and we go again next week at Lincoln. It's a defeat at the beginning of the season.....so not going to get too down about it.
    Just need TS to say the club is his and players are on their way in....that'll brighten everyone's mood...I hope,
  • Options
    Reminder that last season Bonne struggled to get going then got one , then another finished with 11. He can finish, but is still developing.
  • Options
    I've not slated a bowyer side really since he's come in and will always be supportive to him and the management team. 

Today, that's was dogshit, including bowyer. 

Morgan RM, Barker playing RB, you've fucked up today Bows 

Purrington, SCEFL standard at best. 
    Oshilaja - Ditto above.
    Doughty - took nobody on all game. 

Not even going to get started on Bonne's display. 

That was as poor as I've seen from a bowyer side by a long way in terms of effort and commitment. 

Love to hear if he says they gave everything as they didn't mate. 

Big Fat fucking line under that and regroup cause that was shocking. 

You didn't go to Huddersfield did you..... 
  • Options
    Watched on line. Welcome back to Div 1. Bonne could have had 2 early on. Need reinforcements. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Well that was freakishly bad for a Bowyer team performance.

Stark contrast to last week. 
    It wasn't freakishly bad

The defence lapses have to be expected because our squad is missing 5 defenders, that's the reality we face. 

The rest of our play wasn't brilliant, but with a proper defence we probably would have gone home with a draw
  • Options
    There's going to be plenty more days like today this season.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Well that was freakishly bad for a Bowyer team performance.

Stark contrast to last week. 
    It wasn't freakishly bad

The defence lapses have to be expected because our squad is missing 5 defenders, that's the reality we face. 

The rest of our play wasn't brilliant, but with a proper defence we probably would have gone home with a draw
    Are you kidding? We don't often look strangers on the pitch, today we did.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought we were all over the place with the formation which to be expected with so many players out of position. Too many playmakers in midfield with not enough work rate. Alfie had a quiet game and is playing like he wants a move. If we had depth I would bite QPR’s hand off for the Bonne offer. But it all pales into insignificance about what’s going on behind the scenes. If PE stays as owner we are in trouble and I can see us fighting relegation. TS talks the talk but I want to see some action here. 
  • Options
    Bring back Phillips
  • Options
    Am I the only one who finds Mr Sangaard's presence an unnecessary distraction, in that his appearance engenders a degree of unfulfilled hope? I would rather he stayed at home until he has a positive reason to make the journey across the Atlantic. 
    The sight of him wearing the scarf and acknowledging the crowd before the game makes me wonder if he is enjoying the adulation as others have done before him, only to end up merely a footnote to the history of this once great football club.
  • Options
    Chuks has COVID-19.
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    Chuks has COVID-19.
    Really wow
  • Options
    That was shit. No matter what’s going on behind the scenes, that starting XI should perform a lot better. Early chances missed and then you knew what would happen. Doncaster out played us.

Very poor.
    This
  • Options

Chuks has COVID-19.
     Listed.