Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton set to sign Adam Matthews (again) - SIGNED

Comments

• Options
    It is important that you have the squad to overcome injury issues. We seem to have that now to a much better extent than I can remember for quite a while. In a month or so, we ought to see some real benefits of this. Maybe sooner.
  • Options
    Great signing at this level. Just wait til Jan when we poach someone else's top scorer to help fire us back up
  • Options
    If we keep on going like this we can sing a cover version of Hot Shot Tottenham called 'Clean Sheet Charlton'.
    It a great signing to bolster what I believe to be an already formidable defence for this league.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Chunes said:
    Great cover at right back. Excellent signing. Hopefully he is still motivated after failing to be signed elsewhere. 

LB told you it wasn't going to be a striker. 

If you don't believe me, believe Red Henry that Bowyer would love to bring in another striker and they continue to monitor the situation. 
    I believe Bowyer. I believed him when he said we wouldn't be signing another striker, and that they hadn't even been talking about one. I believed him when he says this next player would be the last one under the cap.

And to each their own, but it's strange to find I'm in the minority who will take the manager at his word, over someone on here. 
  • Options
    Bowyer,Gallen & Thomas all take a (another) bow...welcome back Adam,you knew it made sense...👍

very happy with AM signing again,great squad & depth with so many leaders...onwards & upwards...
  • Options
    So where is he .....??????????

PANIC!

• Options
    PWR so might have already been asked but do you think he has had to settle for less than we were originally offering? Maybe because our budget could only afford £x
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it official yet?

• Options
    Amazed we've managed to sign him and still be under the salary cap. Squad is looking very decent.
  • Options
    Matthews, Purrington, Deji and Pearce, a defence that probably started a Championship game together last season is now probably our back up League 1 defence, wow. 
    Boro away...

———————Phillips
    Matthews Oshilaja Pearce Purrington
    ——Gallagher Pratley Ledley
    ———Leko Bonne Doughty
    Awful performance that day properly the worse of the season. 
  • Options
    Matthews, Purrington, Deji and Pearce, a defence that probably started a Championship game together last season is now probably our back up League 1 defence, wow. 
    Boro away...

———————Phillips
    ———Leko Bonne Doughty
    Yeah is back up in league 1 for a reason.  And to think most of us didn't think it could get any worse than that 🤯🤯😟
  • Options
    Boro away...

———————Phillips
    ———Leko Bonne Doughty
    Bowyer's most baffling selection decision of his managerial career?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Boro away...

———————Phillips
    ———Leko Bonne Doughty
    Yeah is back up in league 1 for a reason.  And to think most of us didn't think it could get any worse than that 🤯🤯😟
    They scored an early goal but then we defended reasonably well I thought, probably Deji's best game at CB for us.
  • Options
    Delighted with that. Gunter is solid, but I'd have matthews all day long over him. Great rotating option there for bowyer 
  • Options
    Good signing no one was expecting. Can't wait to see him running in behind defenders and putting the ball in the net......

But seriously.

It's a long old season. Both Gunter and Matthews will play. League one pitches + weather can be a knee injury waiting to happen, we now have a decent 2nd choice RB to cover any injury to Gunter and Bows likes a rotating squad anyway.

• Options
    Shrewd signing.

I suspect at times it has been us and others him the reason this didn't get agreed earlier. I remember reading in a program last season that his partner was London-based so joining us worked geographically for him. That gave me hope during the summer that we had a chance of grabbing him. I suspect especially in lockdown a move outside London and the South East wouldn't have appealed for that reason 

Personally I would have taken him in front of Gunter in a straight choice a couple of weeks ago because he had been with us throughout pre season although Chris has really impressed me and is probably the better player.

As it happens now Gunter is a replacement for Solly and I think even Solly's biggest fans would acknowledge that we now have a better choice of right sided defenders than for the last few seasons. 

My only sadness is that we didn't have this defence last season. I suspect we wouldn't have conceeded as many last minute goals. 
  • Options
    Goodo. Defence and, Pratley and or Watson in front, looks formidable. 
    Still lacking a creative central mid but we have been for years. Hopefully Sandgaard’s money will eventually solve that or young Henry will come  through.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:
    Shrewd signing.

I suspect at times it has been us and others him the reason this didn't get agreed earlier. I remember reading in a program last season that his partner was London-based so joining us worked geographically for him. That gave me hope during the summer that we had a chance of grabbing him. I suspect especially in lockdown a move outside London and the South East wouldn't have appealed for that reason 

Personally I would have taken him in front of Gunter in a straight choice a couple of weeks ago because he had been with us throughout pre season although Chris has really impressed me and is probably the better player.

As it happens now Gunter is a replacement for Solly and I think even Solly's biggest fans would acknowledge that we now have a better choice of right sided defenders than for the last few seasons. 

My only sadness is that we didn't have this defence last season. I suspect we wouldn't have conceeded as many last minute goals. 
    There is no way we would have conceded the winner at millwall with Inniss in the team! 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    What a way to start the week. Two Championship standard right backs and another Welsh player - we’re stronger at right back than we were last season.
    Can see Gunter being used as the right of a three on occasion too 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Shrewd signing.

Having Gunter last season would definitely have improved us, but our other new signings are unproven at Championship level, where the forwards are a lot better than the ones in L1. The aerial stuff is meat and drink to Inniss, but can he cope with quick, skilful forwards? Maatsen would have been too young last season
  • Options
    So...are we actually signing him then?
    Where is he?

2 mins late, confirmed