Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton set to sign Adam Matthews (again) - SIGNED

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Celtic fans asking what this means for the future of Alfie Doughty.
    Do they think he is a right back now?
    A few weeks ago they thought he was a centre back when we signed Famewo
  • Options
    Great news and don’t blame him for having a look and also pleased he’s got a job with us for a year. 
    In Bowyer and Gallen we trust 
  • Options
    You can never have too many good players, so got to be happy with this. Bows has options all over the pitch now when everyone is fit, and good cover when they aren't. Another new challenge for him keeping everyone happy, but I'm sure he'll be loving having that kind of headache.

Can't blame Matthews for trying to get a better deal than the basket case we were when we first tried to re--sign him, but he's obviously decided he's not going to get paid more than we can offer and some money is better than no money.

A fag paper separate shim and Gunter, based on what we've seen so far. I think Matthews might just shade by virtue of having a bit more recovery pace but with so many occasions of 3 games a week this season, the whole squad will play plenty of matches.
    Brilliant unintentional use of the word shim to denote fag paper thickness. 
  • Options
    Absolute quality.  He was one of my favourite players last season and still has a great future ahead of him, IMHO.

We have some serious squad depth now, particularly at the back.  If we can just squeeze in another striker, then I think that we will have everything in place for a promotion winning side....once everyone has settled in, of course....

The sea change continues - thanks, Tommy!
  • Options
    Shows the State of the COVID-19 football world when Adam Matthews can't get a deal in the Championship.

The rotation will see both Matthews and Gunter getting plenty of game time.
    Plus I can see them both playing at times as Gunter can play in a 3 at the back when we play wing backs.
  • Options
    What a pleasant surprise!
    Welcome back Adam 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Please tell me you're kidding?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Means Oshilaja can be the back up left back to Maatsen too 

No, No and No. 
    Better than Purrington
  • Options
    Gunter will need resting and when up against a speedy winger Adams would be the man. This is with a look to the future. Adam can perform in the Champ and Gunter is no spring chicken.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

No, No and No. 
    So Yes? 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:

No, No and No. 
    Better than Purrington
    Not as a left back.

More versatile than Purrington probably.
  • Options
    Got really good depth over the defence now 
  • Options
    Please tell me you're kidding?
    Sounds like the Celtic fans are the joke ;)
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:

No, No and No. 
    Better than Purrington
    Not as a left back.

You’re better than Purrington
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Moo said:
    Redrobo said:
    Moo said:
    Bowyer has learnt so much since we where last in league 1. We now have strength and depth in every position. I expect us to challenge for top 2 with the squad we have. 
    Top six will be a fantastic achievement.
    Why not top 2. Are other teams so much better than we are ?
    Offensively yes. 
    Fuck off yes, you mean.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    LenGlover said:
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:

No, No and No. 
    Better than Purrington
    Not as a left back.

You’re better than Purrington
    I know some wingers end up at full back as they get older but Len's nowhere near as quick as he was in the sixties though 😉.
  • Options
    It'll be "Men of Harlech" now, no more "Red Red Robin".
  • Options
    Was probably my POTY last season (just a head of Lockyer). Best right back since Johny H. 
    Yep, streets ahead of England and Premiership Charltons Luke Young 
    What about England and European Cup semi finalist Danny Mills? 
  • Options
    You can never have too many good players, so got to be happy with this. Bows has options all over the pitch now when everyone is fit, and good cover when they aren't. Another new challenge for him keeping everyone happy, but I'm sure he'll be loving having that kind of headache.

Can't blame Matthews for trying to get a better deal than the basket case we were when we first tried to re--sign him, but he's obviously decided he's not going to get paid more than we can offer and some money is better than no money.

A fag paper separate shim and Gunter, based on what we've seen so far. I think Matthews might just shade by virtue of having a bit more recovery pace but with so many occasions of 3 games a week this season, the whole squad will play plenty of matches.
    Brilliant unintentional use of the word shim to denote fag paper thickness. 

Most of my best jokes are unintentional.
  • Options
    Interesting Podcast about Adam although we don't get mentioned until the last two minutes .

Apparently Adam and Aiden McGeady said Bowyer was 'old school 'and similar to Neil Lennon in style .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEj47uU586A

Wasn't Simon Ferry part of the Swindon team that beat us in the play offs ?
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I hope we haven't just signed him as cover because Doughty's injury is serious.
    Bugger.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    I hope we haven't just signed him as cover because Doughty's injury is serious.
    Bugger.
    Bugger what?

• Options
    Rugger