Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton set to sign Adam Matthews (again) - SIGNED

Comments

• Options
    Confirmed 
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    @lordromford.  Little tip - it helps to read the posts directly above before posting!
    Yeah. When it’s that close it’s probably an accident of timing rather than not bothering to read a post! 😂
  • Options
    So whilst it poses a selection headache for Bowyer, it is the type of headache a manager loves as a weak position a few weeks ago is now the best covered in the League!
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    @lordromford.  Little tip - it helps to read the posts directly above before posting!
    That's a bit harsh as the only thing Lord Romford forgot to do was add "PWR" - an admittance by posters that they are Panicking Without Reason.
  • Options
    Absolutely buzzing that he’s back. Imagine thinking a few months ago that Adam Matthews would be here for another year and he isn’t guaranteed to start at right back, you’d have think we got promoted rather than relegated!
  • Options
    Great news. Does anyone reckon we (and other clubs) are being a bit clever with the salary cap?
  • Options
    Croeso yn ôl Adam 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Great news. Does anyone reckon we (and other clubs) are being a bit clever with the salary cap?
    No chance, according to various people within the game and closely covering it, there's no loopholes etc in the wording or workings of the contracts, apart from win bonuses from cup games, so unless all our players get 500k a win in the London Senior Cup this year, I can't see how it can be worked around
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    We started the season with Lapslie as our right back. TS has come in and we've signed one of our best performer's from last season as a squad player (initially). Just to provide context. Excellent!
    We are so lucky.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Still got one more loan place free?

Not sure if the loan window has slammed shut?

Striker incoming?
  • Options
    Cant grumble with this. Great signing if a little unexpected. 

Onwards and upwards!
  • Options
    Still got one more loan place free?

Not sure if the loan window has slammed shut?

Striker incoming?
    Nope cant sign anyone on loan until January 
  • Options
    Brilliant signing. After the Leeds match he was the one I was hoping to keep at Charlton. The fact he has re signed and might not even be the starting RB is something which I could not guessed after being relegated. Welcome back Adam.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was probably my POTY last season (just a head of Lockyer). Best right back since Johny H. 
  • Options
    I wonder if he's getting a good sight less now than he would have if he'd been able to sign up for us before the embargo lifted. It sounded like he'd rather explore his options at the time, but I'd be surprised if we had enough left in the cap to offer him what we initially had. Might be his agent hasn't had a great summer for Adam.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Means Oshilaja can be the back up left back to Maatsen too 
    Purrington?
  • Options
    I wonder if he's getting a good sight less now than he would have if he'd been able to sign up for us before the embargo lifted. It sounded like he'd rather explore his options at the time, but I'd be surprised if we had enough left in the cap to offer him what we initially had. Might be his agent hasn't had a great summer for Adam.
    Maybe Dillon leaving meant we had enough headroom to sign him. 
  • Options
    You can never have too many good players, so got to be happy with this. Bows has options all over the pitch now when everyone is fit, and good cover when they aren't. Another new challenge for him keeping everyone happy, but I'm sure he'll be loving having that kind of headache.

Can't blame Matthews for trying to get a better deal than the basket case we were when we first tried to re--sign him, but he's obviously decided he's not going to get paid more than we can offer and some money is better than no money.

A fag paper separate shim and Gunter, based on what we've seen so far. I think Matthews might just shade by virtue of having a bit more recovery pace but with so many occasions of 3 games a week this season, the whole squad will play plenty of matches.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    No chance, according to various people within the game and closely covering it, there's no loopholes etc in the wording or workings of the contracts, apart from win bonuses from cup games, so unless all our players get 500k a win in the London Senior Cup this year, I can't see how it can be worked around
    I’d say there’s a pretty obvious loophole that wouldn’t be written into contracts.
  • Options
    Great signing,class player.Not sure that the defence can accommodate him and Gunter but great option.Having watched all our games on streaming I am stating the obvious but what is lacking is a  really creative midfielder, hope that Maddison is going to fill that hole

• Options
    Richard J said:
    Maybe Dillon leaving meant we had enough headroom to sign him. 
    For sure, but apparently Gunter is one of the biggest earners in the squad now. I wonder if we still would have picked him up if Matthews had signed up quickly, potentially for more money. Looks like for once it has all worked out well for us
  • Options
    Another excellent signing by our dynamic duo of Bow's & Gallen.

My personal preference was for Matthews in the first place, a little quicker/ more energetic imo.
    Happy they can compete for first team place.