Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton set to sign Adam Matthews (again) - SIGNED

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I think Bowyer will prefer the 352 eventually. With Gunter playing RCB and Matthew's RWB
  • Options
    It could work very well, it does in writing. 
  • Options
    I think Bowyer will prefer the 352 eventually. With Gunter playing RCB and Matthew's RWB
    I think we'll play it but I don't think it will be the favoured formation. 

Doughty causes a headache because he suits 352 but I don't think Bows wants him there (otherwise probably wouldn't have signed Mattsen to go with Purrington). With Doughty out injured, I suspect our first XI will shortly look something like:
    Amos
    Gunter, Inniss, Famewo, Mattsen
    Watson
    Gilbey, Shinnie
    Maddison
    Aneke, Washington

When Doughty comes back it will be interesting if we have been playing the diamond and doing well. We could then see 352 and 433 again. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Now we’re going to have to decide who are the bigger fans: https://youtu.be/4NREkrtVlxQ https://youtu.be/cyl3kHaQmSo
    Phenomenal 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Can either gunter or Matthew's play anywhere else.
    According to the kids in the song he played either side for Celtic!
  • Options
    This is stellar news.
  • Options
    quality
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Feels like we’re a proper club again. Building a squad, with Bowyer picking the players he wants. 
    No Belgian second division players signed by FIFA boy. 

And sensible appointments made off the field.

I can’t believe we’re out of the nightmare to be honest. Exciting times ahead I think.  
    To be fair, we've not been buying Driessen type players for several years now, Bowyer and Gallen have always had the freedom (within their budget) to bring in who they wanted
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Feels like we’re a proper club again. Building a squad, with Bowyer picking the players he wants. 

I can’t believe we’re out of the nightmare to be honest. Exciting times ahead I think.  
    To be fair, we've not been buying Driessen type players for several years now, Bowyer and Gallen have always had the freedom (within their budget) to bring in who they wanted
    Driessen was, by his own admission, still vetting all signings right to the end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:

Driessen was, by his own admission, still vetting all signings right to the end.
    He might have, but other than being a bit of tedious bit of bureaucracy, did he make any difference when we signed the likes of Taylor, Williams, Purrington, Bonne, Amos etc or loaned in the likes of Cullen, Bielik and Gallagher?
  • Options
    I think we're concerned that Famewo could be recalled by Norwich in January. 
    I live in Norwich. My Canary mate says that due to injuries, they are short in his position.

As a consequence he thinks they will probably want to recall him, especially as he is doing so well for us. 
  • Options
    I live in Norwich. My Canary mate says that due to injuries, they are short in his position.

As a consequence he thinks they will probably want to recall him, especially as he is doing so well for us. 
    And that's fair enough. Norwich sent him to us so that he would be battle ready should they need him (and probably to get a chunk of his wages off their payroll). 
  • Options

Hi Bing, that may be so ...... but haven't  Norwich just flogged Godfrey to Everton for £20m plus?

You'd think they're already intending to spend some of that in January on a proven Championship CB replacement?
    I mean, surely their objective is promotion straight back to the Prem - and they'll be prepared to spend what it takes, within budget.

But, of course, Charlton have been stung before. We wait and see.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Hi Bing, that may be so ...... but haven't  Norwich just flogged Godfrey to Everton for £20m plus?

You'd think they're already intending to spend some of that in January on a proven Championship CB replacement?
    I mean, surely their objective is promotion straight back to the Prem - and they'll be prepared to spend what it takes, within budget.

Norwich have been very successful bringing through young defenders (curiously many of them signed from Luton). In their previous promotion season Farke was happy to rely on the likes of Godfrey, Lewis and Aarons, so you'd imagine that if Famewo keeps playing well for us, they'd bring him back and stick him straight in the 1st team squad
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Norwich have been very successful bringing through young defenders (curiously many of them signed from Luton). In their previous promotion season Farke was happy to rely on the likes of Godfrey, Lewis and Aarons, so you'd imagine that if Famewo keeps playing well for us, they'd bring him back and stick him straight in the 1st team squad
    Of course, it's well possible. But he'd likely only be a fringe squad player there, should they sign a replacement proven CB.
    They may well be happy to see Famewo stay here where he is almost guaranteed playing 1st team games and get that vital experience.

They will want that 1st time promotion to return to the Prem.
    If they didn't have the Godfrey transfer fee to go shopping with, then at this stage I'd be more concerned.

• Options
    I'm happy with AM signed up, we've a of games to play before the Wembley final.🤞
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Now we’re going to have to decide who are the bigger fans: https://youtu.be/4NREkrtVlxQ https://youtu.be/cyl3kHaQmSo
    The top one is the most bonkers thing I've ever seen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Oggy Red said:

It will be interesting to see if Norwich allow him to be Cup tied. 

We alliwed Davison to play for Woking last weekend which seems to imply we will not want to recall him. 
  • Options
    I posted this on another thread on October 17th the day after the window closed.

I was browsing the air waves and caught a conversation with former Norwich city footballer Mark Rivers and Andy Goreham previewing the Rotherham v Norwich game.
    They were both moaning about the Norwich City's injury list which has plagued them though last seasons prem campaign and is a current problem.
    Part of the discussion could have implications for Charlton.
    Apparently after selling Godfrey to Everton for megga bucks and loaning Famewo to us, they find themselves with just three centre backs and one of those is apparently injured.
    The manager tried to sign a replacement yesterday  but drew a blank, quoting financial reasons for the lack of activity. (surprising since the money they got for Godfrey and Lewis).
  • Options
    welcome back Adam
  • Options
    Apparently his fitness is a little bit off it, is getting up to speed though