Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Oxford United | Post-match thread | Tuesday 27 October 2020

Another win, three points and up the table we go with a game in hand. More than that, another consecutive clean sheet.

Conor Washington with a cool finish after Shinny masterfully slipped him through, only to score a goal himself minutes later from a superb free kick. 

Never thought we looked like conceding. Solid at the back. Unfortunate to lose Inniss to two yellow cards. He put his head on everything that came towards him. With Watson’s yellow card, he’ll also be missing for Portsmouth.

Happy Addicks, over to you!

Charlton 2 Oxford 0

Comments

• Another win.
  • Terrible decision for Inniss, so whats the chance of Pierce
    being back in time for Saturday? :/
  • Superb result.
    A lot to praise, still a work in progress.
    Very encouraging in attitude.
  • 2 post match threads?
  • Lucky to be 2-0 up at half time, but that defence is looking rock solid, another clean sheet, Amos doing everything needed.

Pratley has been stand out for me the last few games, even from the bench.

E I E I E I O up the football league we go...... 
  • How many post match threads do we need?
  • Sponsored links:

• Which thread is the right one then, both announcements?
  • Shout out to Megan on the stream, sounds lovely!
  • Three points and another clean sheet. Even better to get a win against Robbo and finally beat Oxford. A really positive win against a strong and organised outfit. Team is staring to gel and we are going to have a very successful season I think.
  • Another textbook performance!! May these clean sheets continue!

Gutted for Inniss. Haven't seen the challenge but doesn't sound like it was a Red. Will be a tough slog vs Pompey on Saturday but it will give us a chance to see how the squad deals with a bit of adversity!

• How many post match threads do we need for gods sake ;)
  • Apologies, this is the right thread. 
  • When is the last time CAFC have gone this long without allowing a goal? Anyone know?
  • Sponsored links:

• Down to the bare bones at the back for Saturday, but a decent run and confidence building.
  • LoOkOuT said:
    Shout out to Megan on the stream, sounds lovely!
    Put it away, you old perv.
  • Solid performance. We have some good, wily players to see out results. 
  • I was just holding forth about Watson, only to have my post snatched from beneath me!

He was rubbish. Our measure of control in the second half had nothing to do with him and everything to do with the shifts our Northern Irish lads put in, allied to a good showing from Pratley and a masterclass from Shinnie. I can't believe the 7s and 7.5s he's getting in Player Marks. He managed about one good forward pass all game and should have been sent off!
  • We're a bloody solid side defensively.

Real test comes Saturday.