Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Oxford United | Post-match thread | Tuesday 27 October 2020

Comments

• Options
    Easy win really.  Will be interesting to see how we go vs Pompey with Watson and Innis missing.  Gunter in the middle with Matthews RB I guess.  Shinnie looks a great signing.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dirty cheating mod leaders delete the post match thread that was posted first.

As bad as the referee.
    Because @Dazzler21 appreciate the effort pal  and everything but we have arrangements in advance to know who is doing what when, which then goes awry when you go renegade! 

Anyway, back to talking about the game
  • Options
    So many good performances, Shinnie, Smyth and Washington’s best games for us, defence so solid. Watson lucky to get away with the handball!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Inniss 2nd yellow was deserved.  1st was naive on his part.  There is no need to topple the goalkeeper when he already has the ball.  He will learn but will be a big miss for Saturday.  Excellent all round performance.  Smyth was great, Gunter dependable, Bogle worked hard, Shinnie a few glimpses of real quality.  
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

As bad as the referee.
    Because @Dazzler21 appreciate the effort pal  and everything but we have arrangements in advance to know who is doing what when, which then goes awry when you go renegade! 

Anyway, back to talking about the game
    Lol no problems I was kidding.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

As bad as the referee.
    Straight Red B)
  • Options
    Another win, 5 x clean sheets whats not to like. Shame Innis will be missing on Saturday, Pompey are 3-0 up and starting to find their feet after a wobbly start. 
  • Options
    Love the energy and commitment we are showing, epitomised by the not so young Darren. I know he ain't the best but he gives his all and will play anywhere for Bows. Shinnie superb, and Smythe gives us so much momentum and seems to have bought in to the Charlton way from the off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    The thought of Aneke, Maddison, Doughty and Gilbey coming into this team excites me. Could be a fun season.
    The problem is you have to take 4 players out....  
  • Options
    Well that was dare I say it, all a bit too easy!

Poor first half again, gifted 2 goals by a defence that parted quicker than the Red Sea, even had a player sent off!

Oxford look like a team that’s going down at the moment, nothing going right for them, bit like us at the end of last season, will be interesting if they carry on like this whether they stick with Karl, I hope so.

Surely tougher tests lie ahead against Pompey, Ipswich and dare I say Fleetwood.

Im going to keep writing us off until we’ve got over 100 points!

• Options
    When is the last time CAFC have gone this long without allowing a goal? Anyone know?
    Guessing 1998, run up to Play-offs ?
  • Options
    Another 3 points, another clean sheet, 4 wins on the spin, 5 clean sheets, winning ugly yet again. Smyth and Shinnie were immense, Maatsen excellent, Famewo is absolutely solid. Washington took his chance really well, Prately did what Prately does, Gunter excellent. Maddison and Gilbey yet to come into the side......Anneks hopefully fit for Saturday, but Innis will be a big miss. Onwards and upwards, wins breed confidence, confidence gets wins......whats not to like???
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    They were running rings around us first-half but we did create the only chance. Still, LB didn't look happy. I caught him shouting, "BOGLE, HOLD THE BAAALLL" for trying a silly through-pass instead of holding it up and relieving pressure. That was happening a lot and not just from Bogle. 

Second half the ball stuck a bit better upfront, we moved it around and we pushed up and pressed Oxford. We played some good stuff and for the first time this season showed attacking threat.

Had Inniss stayed on, we likely would've scored another (and would've seen Maddison off the bench). 

Shinnie showed his ability today. A classy footballer. Was a pleasure to watch. 

To think that we're still not anywhere near full strength. With players still gelling, key first-team players injured or coming back (Aneke, Maddison, Gilbey, Doughty) and fitness still an issue.

If we're tough to beat now, imagine what we'll be like down the road.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I was just holding forth about Watson, only to have my post snatched from beneath me!

He was rubbish. Our measure of control in the second half had nothing to do with him and everything to do with the shifts our Northern Irish lads put in, allied to a good showing from Pratley and a masterclass from Shinnie. I can't believe the 7s and 7.5s he's getting in Player Marks. He managed about one good forward pass all game and should have been sent off!
    Have to agree I wasn't impressed. Slow to react to things, poor passing and fortunate to stay on. Still expecting to see an improvement from him. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    bring back charlie barker?
  • Options
    Gilbey, Shinnie and Maddison in a diamond is going to completely transform the way we play. If they can gel and our defence stays solid it's an exciting time. Just need to get the two up top right, although has to be Aneke and Washington for me. 
  • Options
    Terrible decision for Inniss, so whats the chance of Pierce
    being back in time for Saturday? :/
    Pierce??
  • Options
    I said about four games ago, wait until we have played 10 games before we judge the players, I do not think we need 10 games, loving these results
  • Options
    Plymouth 2 Donny 0
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I was just holding forth about Watson, only to have my post snatched from beneath me!

He was rubbish. Our measure of control in the second half had nothing to do with him and everything to do with the shifts our Northern Irish lads put in, allied to a good showing from Pratley and a masterclass from Shinnie. I can't believe the 7s and 7.5s he's getting in Player Marks. He managed about one good forward pass all game and should have been sent off!
    He wasn’t rubbish
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Terrible decision for Inniss, so whats the chance of Pierce
    being back in time for Saturday? :/
    Pierce??
    Ears or nose 🤔.
  • Options
    Solid win, shame about the suspensions but it's L1 so still a good chance for a result.