Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Plymouth | Boxing Day 2020

Yet another two points dropped against a Plymouth side in terrible form. An unfortunate, scrappy affair in which we conceded two goals through abysmal defending.

Maddison’s thirty-yard screamer was the goal of the game. Not much else to rejoice in.

Now, no sense wasting your time sat in front of a screen. Disconnect and find something more life affirming to do!

Comments

• Options
    Just not good enough.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Yet another two points dropped against a Plymouth side in terrible form. An unfortunate, scrappy affair in which we conceded two goals through abysmal defending.

Maddison’s thirty-yard screamer was the goal of the game. Not much else to rejoice in.

Now, no sense wasting your time sat in front of a screen. Disconnect and find something more life affirming to do!
    Says it all 
  • Options
    IF Sangaard ain't getting an itchy ring piece now, then perhaps he ain't as shrewd as we think...
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Hard to say, but we're just not that good I'm afraid. 

It would be good to not see Prately at CB again, get Deji back in and push Pratley back into the middle.
  • Options
    Not in promotion form are we. Defensively poor and don't create enough chances. 5 minutes of added time and didn't create 1 chance. Teams around us will now have games in hand on us. We haven't taken our chances so far 
  • Options
    Defence poor. Pratley embarrassing. Right footed left back. 
    Diamond didn’t help with Watson so deep and so slow. 
    Forster-Caskey class and Washington good second half. 
    Target of play offs still strong. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Recent results:
    Draw 1-1 Gillingham
    Lose 4-2 Burton
    Win 2-0 Ipswich
    Lose 1-0 MK Dons
    Draw 1-1 Shrewsbury
    Win 5-2 Wimbledon
    Draw 2-2 Swindon
    Draw 1-1 Plymouth

Not good enough

Maddison looked brilliant however
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    It's a consolidation season. 

Some of our signings have not worked out as expected. Management team are learning on the job. Stay around the playoffs.

We just need to get away from these "Manager favourites" situation that has developed. 

MM has been putting chances on a plate for 3/4 games now. What a special piece of skill and strike today.
  • Options
    MM goal aside, just third division crap. Thought Steve Brown was a very good pundit / commentator, love how Curbs keeps saying WE "praps".
  • Options
    Piss poor. 

I've always been pro Bowyer, but I'm starting to doubt whether he can get us promoted again. 
  • Options
    Oh, but at least Surrey FC shipped a few again!
  • Options
    Bowyer continues to make some strange decisions. Square pegs in round holes, Maddison on the bench. At least the pre match build up was good. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unfortunately thats a point rescued...

Looked good attacking today but defensively we're all over the place

Apart from Maddison's bastard of a shot we didnt look like scoring in the second half

Desperately need Inniss back at the very least to give the opposition questions in both penalty boxes for set pieces!!

Got to question if Oshilaja is going to be on his way out next, Pearce was out longer but is back sooner???
  • Options
     Whatever it takes in January to get a striker....DO IT!
     Only joy from this match was Maddison's goal. The guy has class.
  • Options
    Curbs picking out the positives fron that match:

- came from behind ... twice

- unbeaten in four

- fair result for us

- game in hand
  • Options
    We are staying up, say we are staying up....... !  

Good point against a fellow struggling team. 
  • Options
    Regardless of the result the more I see of Maatsen the more I like him. I hope he isn’t recalled in January. . 
  • Options
    Just do not understand why Matthews was left back,no left foot,if Purrington not fit just leave Matzaan there and play another midfielder.Far too many goals being shipped,our problem was going to be not scoring but it is the other way round.