Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Plymouth | Boxing Day 2020

Comments

• Options
    No idea why Bows isn't choosing to play Deji at CB instead of Prats. We were targeted down that side today and looked very shaky when Plymouth were on the counter. MM a step ahead of anything we have currently, Williams good today I thought and Chuks looked very clumsy. Fed up of losing points to poor sides, I think Schwartz is the ideal addition as our forwards don't anticipate the ball particularly well. Let's see what happens in January. 
  • Options
    Really poor result today. If we dont start performing better than the last few games there will be trouble ahead. For me the team are being set up completely wrong. Still the one positive is we didnt lose onwards and upwards
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    We're always vulnerable on the counter. Until that's addressed we're not going anywhere.
  • Options
    Unfortunately thats a point rescued...

Looked good attacking today but defensively we're all over the place

Apart from Maddison's bastard of a shot we didnt look like scoring in the second half

Desperately need Inniss back at the very least to give the opposition questions in both penalty boxes for set pieces!!

Got to question if Oshilaja is going to be on his way out next, Pearce was out longer but is back sooner???
    Good attacking but didn’t look like scoring?

Are you related to Karl ;)
  • Options
    I thought that was a deserved point with a lot to be desired from the team as well. still time for bowyer to get it right.
  • Options
    People saying defence let us down, how many shots did our players miss?
  • Options
    Not in promotion form are we. Defensively poor and don't create enough chances. 5 minutes of added time and didn't create 1 chance. Teams around us will now have games in hand on us. We haven't taken our chances so far 
    Accrington | Sunderland | Bristol Rovers are the only teams with a game in hand on us

Only Accrington can go above us if they win
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Do we practice defensive and midfield shape? Over ran in Midfield and Defensive was shambles AGAIN. 

Watson and Matthews need not start again, so so poor. 

Bowyer won't have long unless he turns this around. 

Steve Brown, club legend, but a nause on commentary. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just do not understand why Matthews was left back,no left foot,if Purrington not fit just leave Matzaan there and play another midfielder.Far too many goals being shipped,our problem was going to be not scoring but it is the other way round.
    Morgan should have started where Maatsen did.
  • Options
    Not good enough again. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Giving two stupid goals away you’ll find it hard to win any match. Can’t believe he’s not playing Deji.

Pressure is going to mount on Bowyer very quickly. If we don’t finish in top 2 we’ve underachieved. Only got ourselves to blame.

Only hope is that we have everyone back with ten matches to go. Innis, Akin, Shinnie & Doughty are need back badly.  
  • Options
    I hope to jesus that this is our run of bad form.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Unfortunately thats a point rescued...

Looked good attacking today but defensively we're all over the place

Apart from Maddison's bastard of a shot we didnt look like scoring in the second half

Desperately need Inniss back at the very least to give the opposition questions in both penalty boxes for set pieces!!

Got to question if Oshilaja is going to be on his way out next, Pearce was out longer but is back sooner???
    Good attacking but didn’t look like scoring?

Are you related to Karl ;)
    Damnit, exposed again ;) - Its that final third again

We're great getting forward but the moment we're there the ideas go out the window

So many weak crosses all over the team

No one gambling on Washington putting the ball across the six yard box
  • Options
    Out of interest, and with due respect to who we are, did Plymouth sit back and desperately defend their penalty box for the final 10 mins?
    Please tell me so.

• Options
    Transfer window can't come soon enough. Need to add some back-line depth. We are just a drab team to watch sometimes, even though we can still score some goals. Not nearly bad enough to panic, but not nearly good enough to excite me
  • Options
    We really need Innis and Famewo back or to strengthen in January if possible. That was the solidity our good form was based on and we've been sloppy as hell without them. Too pedestrian elsewhere on the pitch. Maddison again looked decent when on and a hell of a goal 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Out of interest, and with due respect to who we are, did Plymouth sit back and desperately defend their penalty box for the final 10 mins?
    Please tell me so.

No they had a few minutes of aggressive, fast, attacking play.  Thats why we scored on the break in the last minute of the game.

What?
  • Options
    People talking about Oshilaja but where has Barker gone? I realise he's young but I don't think there was anything on display today that he hasn't dealt with (comfortably) already. 
  • Options
    Said it all on the match thread once I saw the line up.

Start with Maddison. Don't play players out of position. Be more attack minded.

Bowyer blaming the ref at the end. Just comical. Only one person you can lay the blame at today. 

Still can't win from going 1-0 down. 30-odd games and counting. Awful awful stat.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Usual hat on
    Another lacklustre performance and two more points dropped against a lower side in the Division. Far too many misplaced passes. Looked unbalanced with Matthews on the left and our diamond formation in the first half was too easily bypassed. Bowyer taking far too long to address problems. Substitutes made a positive difference and the goal by Maddison was superb.
    Christmas hat on
    Fuck it. Never mind, have another drink.
    Let’s hope for reinforcements in January.
    Yup
  • Options
    Problem is Innis and Famewo are nowhere near a return. We are playing a CM at CB who is progressively looking more ropey and moving out of position each game. 

Osh, Barker, Mingi have to be preferable at CB to Pratley and Gunter.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    People saying defence let us down, how many shots did our players miss?
    Trouble is, the more goals the defence concede, the harder the job they're creating for the attackers

Neither goal was good enough today

Bowyer said the other day that if no one made mistakes, the no goals would ever be scored

But for me today, those two goals werent just mistakes, they were BAD mistakes... e.g. can accept a mistake where a player makes the wrong pass etc. but first goal came from Pratley going walkies and Watson wanting to prove to Bowyer why he should never be converted to a Centre-Back the way Darren has been - Second goal less so but too many balls were challenged in the box by bloody team mates, talk to each other and that ball was probably dealt with properly rather than falling to their player in free space
  • Options
    We look incapable of a top-six spot, let alone promotion.  Defence was carved open by fluent Plymouth moves.  Midfield is slow and unambitious: unable to set the attackers free.  We need a proper striker.  Maddison made a difference: gave us urgency and incision towards the end.