Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Plymouth | Boxing Day 2020

Comments

• Options
    So so poor all over the field, players playing out of position, no shape Bowyer what the fuck is going on.

Relegation form last 6 games.
  • Options
    That was a bit of a shit show, Gunter giving a good impression here of someone that really regrets agreeing to do the post match interview
  • Options
    Minto asks good questions. Does he interview Bowyer on this show too?
  • Options
    Terrible really, lacked creativity although that improved under Maddison. Bowyer continues to make baffling decisions, Deji on the bench but Pratley starts at CB? Matthews at LB? 

The big concern for me is that Bowyer has no idea what his best team or formation is. Yes you need flexibility but it’s becoming a joke now. 

Only JFC, Maatsen and Maddison come out with credit from that
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Our worst players are these ageing pro's that Bowyer never seems to criticise. 

You won't ever get top two with Watson and Pratley starting every F****** game. 
    ..which suggests your moaning mate is not Pratley or Watson!
  • Options
    Recent results:
    Draw 1-1 Gillingham
    Lose 4-2 Burton
    Win 2-0 Ipswich
    Lose 1-0 MK Dons
    Draw 1-1 Shrewsbury
    Win 5-2 Wimbledon
    Draw 2-2 Swindon
    Draw 1-1 Plymouth

Not good enough

Maddison looked brilliant however
    Yet we’re only 6 points off top with game in hand. If we get some consistency together in the new year then I’m confident we’ll remain in top 6. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Scoham said:
    I want to see Maddison, Williams, Aneke and Morgan have a run of starts together. Every game is winnable in this league and no team stands out. A bit better going forward and we could turn games like this in to wins.

Hard to believe if we win our game in hand we’d be joint second on points (no surprise we’d have the lower goal difference).
    Add Smyth in there too. Washington is decent but we’ve go to get some more pace into the team. Smyth and Maatsen need to play most of the time until Doughty is fit or we sign some pace in January. 

But totally agree. Bowyer needs to stop rationing out his best players and get them all on the pitch at the same time, instead of choosing to field weakened teams. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Terrible really, lacked creativity although that improved under Maddison. Bowyer continues to make baffling decisions, Deji on the bench but Pratley starts at CB? Matthews at LB? 

The big concern for me is that Bowyer has no idea what his best team or formation is. Yes you need flexibility but it’s becoming a joke now. 

Genuinely think he's struggling because he's got a squad to pick from. Our play off promotion winning side barely changed, other than through injuries. Now he's tinkering with the squad, it's just not working for him.
  • Options
    Chris Gunter came across really well in the post match interview.
  • Options
    Never got ahead. Did well to keep pushing most of the match, made some chances but not enough. Would have liked to see more runs out wide to see if the forward balls could be more successful. Soft defending making it so easy for them. I’ve not been impressed by Maddison in the first couple of games I saw him play for us as he lost the ball too easily, but came on today looked forwards, completed passes and scored a brilliant goal to save a point. I still don’t love Pratley in the back four and prefer him coming on as a midfielder to win a battle. Watson grew into the game but was at fault for the first. Thought JFC did well and that Washington was going to score one of his chances. When you need to score 3 to win it’s always going to be difficult.
  • Options
    Like everyone else I want Bowyer to be a success at Charlton especially as he stood by us under the clowns. 
    But his ridiculous team selection and tactics are costing us dearly. 
    Not sure how much patience Mr.sandgaard has with Bowyer. 
    We shall find out soon enough. 

Recent interview Sandgaard gave he said that he'll be happy with the play-offs.
  • Options
    Thought that was a shocking performance, lucky to get a point.

No chance of getting promoted without strengthening in key areas.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I want to see Maddison, Williams, Aneke and Morgan have a run of starts together. Every game is winnable in this league and no team stands out. A bit better going forward and we could turn games like this in to wins.

Hard to believe if we win our game in hand we’d be joint second on points (no surprise we’d have the lower goal difference).
    Would be great but if the defence plays how it did today then they're left horribly exposed - We go from needing a 1-0 / 2-0 win to having to recover twice like today which is hurting us

How many teams go up from League One having conceded more goals than anyone else in the top six?
  • Options
    Starting to get annoyed that Nigels get pumped every week and I can’t enjoy it because Charlton can’t beat these poor teams. Next time let’s win comfortably and I can enjoy Nigels getting beaten again. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    I go back to what the player said a few weeks ago (he played today):

"We never discuss or practice tactics" 
    Well, it's very evident. Our tactic once we get the ball is to score. With that exposes everything in the process from control to naivety. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    A combination of things.
    Players struggling to perform in systems with personell that doesn't suit.

Players either shot of confidence because of point 1 or a real lack of desire? The urgency to push on in those last 10mins was non existent. Their ability to cope when under any sort pressure in posession is really starting to show.

Referees that are as shocking as I've seen for many a season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We're always vulnerable on the counter. Until that's addressed we're not going anywhere.
    There was as much space in that defence as there was in the stands.

• Options
    Too many individual errors...

A team shape I couldn't fathom... Matthews, Pratley and Watson should clear off as they were culpable all game. 

I was willing to take a point after an hour as I simply couldn't see us scoring... But this is where Maddison showed us his quality and thank goodness he did. 

If Curbs, Minto and Brown can see the formation was crap why can't LB?

We are, as Curbs said unbeaten in four games and besides the wombles game have been poor. 

Let's hope for some quality signings and that we shake off the bad performances. 

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Minto asks good questions. Does he interview Bowyer on this show too?
    On now.
  • Options
    Bowyer on Valley Pass now 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Genuinely think he's struggling because he's got a squad to pick from. Our play off promotion winning side barely changed, other than through injuries. Now he's tinkering with the squad, it's just not working for him.
    Not sure I agree. Today he played players out of position. I get it if it’s Bogle or Aneke, Gunter or Matthews, but the team and formation today was just bizarre. It was probably a tactic to surprise Plymouth but it failed.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    I go back to what the player said a few weeks ago (he played today):

"We never discuss or practice tactics" 
    Missed it, which player? 
  • Options
    LB:

Gave away two sloppy goals ...

Stupid free kick given away for their second ...
  • Options
    Washington shot came off his shin following a bobble confirmed by LB.