Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Plymouth | Boxing Day 2020

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Minto asks good questions. Does he interview Bowyer on this show too?
    1st question should be.
    Lee why are your team selections fucking shit.

That'll ruin Minto's good looks.
  • Options
    LB:

Jonny and Chuks didn't look themselves today. They'd trained well this week but not the same impact today.
  • Options
    Bowyer post-match interview with Minto

”was a good game”
    ”my concern we’ve given away 2 soft goals again”
    ”silly fouls again, can’t win the ball, you have to respect that”
    ”come from behind twice, we should have gone on and won the game”
    ”we need a bit more”
    ”Chuks and Williams didn’t look themselves, they trained really well this week and deserved to start”
    ”young Ian brought a different energy in the middle”
    ”two soft goals again, it’s going to cost us”

• Options
    Not the worst we've played , but we should be beating teams like Plymouth at home . Our play is too slow and predictable  and we need at least four new players in the window.  Maatsen MOM .
  • Options
    Waste of a tenner would have been better off watching Villa stuff Palace for free on BBC!
    Why play Matthews at left back? Why keep Washington on? Badly need a decent striker
    and Dominating Central defender. Albie tried hard, one bit of decent football from Maddison!
    This league is absolute rubbish!
  • Options
    Bowyer post-match interview with Minto

”was a good game”
    ”my concern we’ve given away 2 soft goals again”
    ”silly fouls again, can’t win the ball, you have to respect that”
    ”come from behind twice, we should have gone on and won the game”
    ”we need a bit more”
    ”Chuks and Williams didn’t look themselves, they trained really well this week and deserved to start”
    ”young Ian brought a different energy in the middle”
    ”two soft goals again, it’s going to cost us”

“We need to move the ball quicker”
    “4 games unbeaten, moving in right direction, in to 6th place, am I disappointed in our position, yes, but we’re moving in right direction”
  • Options
    Very disappointing and someone won my Range Rover
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really not sure why Matthews was left back seemed an odd decision will have to wait on bowyers press conf to see why. Pratley not great at centre half today and Watson off pace. Get players playing in their natural positions and the team will have better balance. shame Williams had to go off as he seemed our best attacking option but Maddison now looks a lot fitter and providing decent balls into the box. Cracking goal today as well.
  • Options
    Waste of a tenner would have been better off watching Villa stuff Palace for free on BBC!
    Why play Matthews at left back? Why keep Washington on? Badly need a decent striker
    and Dominating Central defender. Albie tried hard, one bit of decent football from Maddison!
    This league is absolute rubbish!
    Washington's workrate is needed up top. We'll bring Smyth back in slowly and build him up.

• Options
    Typical Christmas disappointment. Poor passing across the side today. Still playing the ball around the back four when chasing the game. Seriously short of attacking threat will becomes non-existent with Bogle on. At Maddison showed some urgency and managed to nick a goal. His pull back for Washington deserved a goal too but that too was wasted. Games in hand gone against poor opposition. Need Schwartz and maybe a couple more to improve this side.
  • Options
    'Move the ball quicker'

You've got a right back with no left foot, playing at left back!!
    Would love to know where Purrington was today

Had no issue with Maatsen playing where he did if Bowyer spotted something in the Plymouth tactics

But then it surely needed Purrington in Defence to properly bonus from that

Unless Bowyer felt it was someone who cuts from either foot so having Maatsen AND Matthews countered that
  • Options
    Bowyer has said we’re looking to add to the attacking third in January window, and maybe defence too. But we’ll only bring in if the right player and the many rules make it all difficult.
  • Options
    I think they'd quite like to get rid of Bogle already. He began has the more all rounded forward following Bonne, but is now just heavy footed and clunky. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When your most experienced players stand there hopeless for a free kick the opposition somehow score you got no fkin hope.

What's wrong with Barker, he's better than Pearce and Pratley at CH.

Think you've got to be over 30 to be in the clique though.

Yeah yeah we need a Striker,  but we'd need to play four on the pitch the same time and hope we score 3 every game to draw.

CHs injured killing us. 
  • Options
    10 points from 8 games including failing to beat Burton, Plymouth, Gillingham, MKDons, Shrewsbury and Swindon is RELEGATION form.  

We won't go down of course but there is no positive spin on this, it is a dreadful run.

Needs to turn around fast, we are not as good as our last L1 squad but the L1 line up this season is poor and we should be doing way better even with our injuries.

Pratley is not a CB and it has been very obvious for weeks.
    My maths is pretty shoddy, so apologies in advance if I’ve got it wrong, but 10 points every 8 games isn’t relegation form. 
  • Options
    Really poor. I’m confident we have the players required to win this league but there’s a lot wrong with the setup. 

I'd not be sure by a long chalk. Let's start with midfield feed and consistent quality finishing in the box.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    I want to see Maddison, Williams, Aneke and Morgan have a run of starts together. Every game is winnable in this league and no team stands out. A bit better going forward and we could turn games like this in to wins.

Hard to believe if we win our game in hand we’d be joint second on points (no surprise we’d have the lower goal difference).
    Would be great but if the defence plays how it did today then they're left horribly exposed - We go from needing a 1-0 / 2-0 win to having to recover twice like today which is hurting us

How many teams go up from League One having conceded more goals than anyone else in the top six?
    I’d say our defence is getting exposed by midfielders and strikers that don’t offer enough of a threat. Bowyer’s picking line ups that are more defensive than they need to be.
    I felt our midfield and attack left the defence too exposed today because they didnt get back quickly enough

Plymouth did really well today hitting us effectively on the counter

Certainly needed the Centre-Backs to remain positionally disciplined which is what Pratley failed at today
  • Options
    There was some good but we couldn't sustain it. We play too slowly from the back which makes it easier for opponents. 1 in 3 decisions are wrong in both final thirds! 
  • Options
    Another performance & result not reaching the levels we should be hitting. Of course injuries are a consideration, but we’re 18 games into a season now and now haven’t got a clue what our best 11 is. Even with the two centre halves back, no one could be clear what the midfield and forward line would be, all our better offensive players can’t seem to start games, so there’s no consistent shape.

This side isn’t settled and won’t get momentum. 
    It's no surprise that our good run came when we had a settled back line. At the moment we seem to be changing 1 or 2 of them every game.

If we know Schwartz is already in the door we should be focussing on the defence in January. Especially if Famewo is going back and/or Inniss is going to be out a while longer.
  • Options
    Left back in midfield. Right back at left back. Centre mid at centre back. Perfectly decent centre back on the bench. Most creative midfielder on the bench. All that against one of the leakiest defences in the league. That is all
    Spot on. Would love to know why.

Also no good starting your best 2 strikers & then leaving the creative players (Maddison & Morgan) on the bench. We might be in a decent position with a game in hand but we should be so much higher up - probably 2nd. 4 points dropped in the last 2 games against teams that are in bad run of form & who are leaking goals. 
  • Options
    He's a good player but if Famewo is out long term send him back and get another CB. I expect to see Schwartz come in but don't know if he can step up to League One. Pratley and Pearce won't win us many clean sheets.