Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigel Adkins - confirmed as permanent Tranmere manager (p52)

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Wasn’t really feeling it with him being in the frame,but ok what has made this exciting now for me is...Jacko staying as assistant manager,(Up yours Bowyer..😁) that for me has made me come round to our very own Nigel...Nigel & Jacko’s red n white army”

Only way is up boys & girls...
  • Options
    Olly seems pleased.
    Bet he is, years of unrest and instability and we have an owner than within 3 days has found a good manager.
  • Options

ADDICKINS ADDICKINS RA RA RA

ADDICKINS RA RA RA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3nWy-UHiiU

• Options
    Anyone following his twitter account?.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sorry, but this is absolute bollocks.

Adkins did brilliantly for Southampton TEN FUCKING YEARS AGO - he has not worked for two years and failed at his last three clubs.

This is just so gutting, I am sure he is a lovely bloke and all that but come on people if Sunderland appointed him after sacking Parky we’d have thought them mad.

Obviously he knows Ged Roddy from working together at Reading and that’s why he got the job, and that is just not good enough I am afraid.

Feels like a real kick in the teeth and confirms what others have said about tension between Bowyer and Roddy with the former fearing a replacement was being lined up.

I would love to be wrong but this looks like an awful appointment, please show me a manager that has failed at his last three clubs and then suddenly finds success after two years on his arse. You won’t be able to.

Really quite angry about this, feels like a complete piss take to be honest.
    Is that the Roddy who worked and Reading in 2018 and the Adkins that left in 2014?  Or a different pair? 
    Yep - fair enough - that’s my mistake.

But sorry, there has to be a link somewhere because someone two years out of the game and three failures in a row behind them doesn’t just get appointed 48 hours after the last manager walks.

This didn’t just happen this week.
    Failed at Sheff Utd yes but he was a success at Hull working for bad owners and at Reading they nearly made the Championship playoffs with a lot of academy players in the team. It fell apart but I believe he said the club were in danger of going out of business.

You can’t judge success in the Championship just based on whether he was promoted.
    Sheffield United were in with a shot of the playoffs until the penultimate game of the season when they lost 3-1 to Coventry. They lost the last game of the season 2-0 to Scunthorpe which meant they ended up 11th.

We faffed around with Wilder and he joined them. Was like Karanka/Bowyer, Adkins gone in the AM, Wilder joined in the PM. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Adkins contract until September 2023?.
  • Options
    NM18 said:
    Completely UNDERWHELMED. Nice guys aren't winners.
    Give the man a chance only been here for 7 hours let’s stick together 💪
  • Options
    Seems the right sort of person for the club - apart from the first name which has to go!  I can just about cope with Howard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So anyone with more knowledge than me able to give a little more depth into the style of football Adkins likes. I've heard, and read much about attacking football - but what does that mean in terms of real world application. Is he possession based, direct, does he like his CBs to carry the ball out from the back etc? 
  • Options
    Disappointed that Adkins isn’t pictured with a guitar, to be honest
    Are you getting confused with Chet Atkins?
  • Options
    smsm
    edited March 2021
    Olly seems pleased.
    Bet he is, years of unrest and instability and we have an owner than within 3 days has found a good manager.
    Remember how long it took with the rat and squirrel. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    sm said:
    Olly seems pleased.
    Remember how long it took with the rat and squirrel. 
    No contest, Daisy did all the interviews within 24 hours. 
  • Options
    Everyone is of course entitled to their opinions, it just saddens me somewhat when much of them appear to be not based upon on any individual research.

I honestly can't see how you can spend some time reading into Adkins career, his achievements, his ethos, and come to the conclusion that it's appointment which is so bad it makes you angry.

Is there any guarantee he will do well at Charlton. Of course not. But past Wilder and maybe Howe honestly who else that was available do you think would pretty much guarantee success?

The main thing is that him and the owner are on the same page, and we have a manger who has a fantastic record in this league and is one that barely any fans of his previous clubs have a bad word to say about.
    I think a lot of people wanted Curbs or JJ and wouldn't have been happy with anyone else.
    I don’t think Curbs was ever an option.
  • Options
    So anyone with more knowledge than me able to give a little more depth into the style of football Adkins likes. I've heard, and read much about attacking football - but what does that mean in terms of real world application. Is he possession based, direct, does he like his CBs to carry the ball out from the back etc? 
    The closest I would say was straight after Bowyer took over from Robinson.  Direct and decisive but not long.  Keep it on the floor but don't fanny about with it.  Here ends my expert analysis 🤣