Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: AFC Wimbledon v Charlton Athletic | Sat 20 March 2021

Comments

• Options
    Got to love that new manager bounce. All 38 minutes of it.

Players just don’t care/want it enough. Strolling around towards the end there, second to way too many second balls in the second half.

Absolutely no way they would win the playoffs if by some miracle they get in.
    https://youtu.be/sd-n2G_U4Qk
    Spot on. Amos plodding around for a goal kick on the 89th.  That ball from Pratley behind and to the wrong side of Shinnie was laughable and I thought we were lucky to get a point in the end.  

So many players just can’t cut it. Another game conceding 2 goals. No disrespect to Maatsen because he’s young, but he looks poor.  He can’t defend. He’s got time to learn, but he needs to learn quick if he’s got any future above this sort of level. 

Just get the season over with. That second half sucked the life out of me and crushed any optimism I had following Adkins appointment.  
  • Options
    Can we just end the season now?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    CAFCTrev said:
    Conceded 50 so far this season, more than anyone else in the top 11 of the division. 
    Adkins said it himself, I've said it a few times this season: Goals win you games, defences win you promotion

We're doing a Peterborough, we're not going up on those stats
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I like to keep an eye on the formation we are playing. And I can honestly say after the first 4 minutes (when we started off 4-4-2) I haven't got a clue what formation we were playing. In fact, we seemed to be playing a different formation every few minutes. 

And as Curbs said, Morgan ended up playing all over the place. 

Geez, I hope Nigel gets a grip of that quickly.

• Options
    cazo said:
    Gunter does my head in 
    All I can say is he must have the only Welsh right back for a number of years in order to get as many caps as he is. I expected a kind of fitter Chris Solly - maybe not great going forward but really well sorted defensively. Bloke’s positioning is shit, he gets done one on one, slow, looks uncomfortable on the ball. He’s been a crap signing. 
    Apart from Adam Matthews who hasnt been consistent in his career I cant think of many other Welsh players in that position
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    To those moaning about Schwartz, we hardly touched the ball ourselves for the final 20 mins. We lost our shape and possession. 
    It’s becoming a common theme. It’s happens mostly every game. If the players aren’t good enough to utilise him then surely we should be bringing someone else on. Schwartz has zero blame, but it is like playing with ten men. 
  • Options
    Two points down the drain. With the tough fixtures coming up, we just can't afford that if we are to makes the playoffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:
    Got to love that new manager bounce. All 38 minutes of it.

Players just don’t care/want it enough. Strolling around towards the end there, second to way too many second balls in the second half.

Absolutely no way they would win the playoffs if by some miracle they get in.
    https://youtu.be/sd-n2G_U4Qk
    Spot on. Amos plodding around for a goal kick on the 89th.  That ball from Pratley behind and to the wrong side of Shinnie was laughable and I thought we were lucky to get a point in the end.  

So many players just can’t cut it. Another game conceding 2 goals. No disrespect to Maatsen because he’s young, but he looks poor.  He can’t defend. He’s got time to learn, but he needs to learn quick if he’s got any future above this sort of level. 

Just get the season over with. That second half sucked the life out of me and crushed any optimism I had following Adkins appointment.  
    It’s not Adkins squad! Some of these ‘experienced’ players are not players you can rely on...Pearce, Pratley, Amos, Gunter....
  • Options
    The reality is that as fans we need to show a bit more patience , mistakes will happen , they have cost us dearly.

Id be more worried about the fact when they equalised why we lost shape , and went with 3 up top , saying that if we score at the end with shot that rattled the woodwork we would have soon forgotten about it.

Fine margins in football Im affraid.
  • Options
    Was that worse than the goal at Burton away? I never caught up with that one. Such a frustrating way to lose points, as they're saying now Wimbledon are fighting to stay up & we gift wrap a point.
  • Options
    still in 6th but by the next time we play i imagine it will look quite different with other teams playing their games in hand
  • Options
    Was DJ injured? Bowyer would have been slaughtered for subbing a sub today. 
    He came on in the 2nd minute. It was hardly a Williams situation now was it. 
    I didn’t say it was. Asked a simple question if anyone noticed he was injured? Coming on in 2nd minute should still mean he’s capable of finishing the game.
  • Options
    What a strange game, we were, I thought, in charge in the 1st half, and deserved to be ahead. That said, apart from the first 4 minutes of the 2nd half, I thought we were crap, utter crap! Why do we insist on playing stupid balls from the back against a team that had been pushing high all game. Amos has done this too many times and although the bad pass back was from Akin, I just have to ask why the fuck do we do it in the first place. 2 points lost, in fact two points given away free of fucking charge!
    Anyway rant over, NA now has two weeks to get the team playing the way he wants and hopefully we will have Innis back. Safe weekend everyone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we stay in this dreadful league I honestly would make Piggot one of our main targets next season. I would really like to know who was the main influence or opinion on "Where's Ronnie"? thus far his most impressive input to the Charlton Family is the original material for the "Up The Adkins" meme.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    First half - great attacking football outweighed our defensive frailties, they were constantly on the back foot.

Second half - 3 or 4 formations, no solid positions, our attack blunted and a stupid mistake gifted them a point.

Frustrating. Like 2 different sides.
  • Options
    The Stockley curse strikes again, have we won when he's scored?
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Millar on the left caused them problems. So we moved him over to the right where he wasn’t effective.
    Yeah, that switch in formation was odd and curbs pointed it out at the break too.
  • Options
    These two weeks off have come at a good time. Gives Adkins time to assess the squad and try to instill into them his ideas. He will come to realise that most of them are not good enough and the squad needs a major overhaul. I don’t expect more than three to start the first game of next season.
  • Options
    All about performance and implementation of style for the rest of this season