Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: AFC Wimbledon v Charlton Athletic | Sat 20 March 2021

Comments

• Options
    For the 2nd goal, although Famewo fault why did Amos stare at it for a second before reacting? 
  • Options
    I don't think Amos had a chance even so, but he is very poor at owning his area. I noticed at the end when Maatson was under pressure and he should have been out picking it up and he was on his line. Totally lacks confidence in this element of the game.
  • Options
    We are garbage defensively - interesting to see if there is any improvement before the end of the season. Amazingly still in with a shout of the playoffs.

We're conceding 1.5 goals per game approx and our season includes 6 consecutive clean sheets. 
    Were these players this bad in the past?

• Options
    The Doncaster game is massive one now

Yes we obviously need the points, but moreover it's the real start of the Adkins era. 2 weeks to evaluate the players and decide how we are to play for the remainder of the season, Doncaster is the chance to set down a marker.
    It’s not though because he is still using the same players! I am a very glass half full person when it comes to us but I think we can forget the playoffs, even if we do make them there is no way we will win them! 
  • Options
    Nigel made a point of saying he is going to watch rthe U23"s on Monday. Wouldn't mind betting he is going to blood a few of them in the coming weeks.

Can but hope so!!!
  • Options
    To be honest I wouldn't mind a Powellesque clearing of the decks bar Schwartz and Jaiyesimi and any youth players. Purely because they're promising for me still.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the equaliser was worse than Nabys effort at Wembley. No words for it really. Disappointing second half. Will be incredible if we somehow make play offs. Just don't think it will happen this season. Start again in the summer with a rebuild. Not looking forward to another season in the 3rd tier. 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    The Doncaster game is massive one now

Yes we obviously need the points, but moreover it's the real start of the Adkins era. 2 weeks to evaluate the players and decide how we are to play for the remainder of the season, Doncaster is the chance to set down a marker.
    It’s not though because he is still using the same players! I am a very glass half full person when it comes to us but I think we can forget the playoffs, even if we do make them there is no way we will win them! 
    Plenty of other options amongst the squad, and he has to decide on what system and tactics we use

Apart from the bench today, the likes of Purrington, AMB and Smith, the injured Matthews, Gilbey and Innis (who may be available) are all options. Plus academy players like Henry
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    I think there is an exaggeration on the amount of players we need and we have to be realistic. Sandgaard may well be willing to spend more than Roland was but talk of 15/16 players is madness IMO. We need about 6/7 quality players and then another 3/4 good squad players. 
    Sort of agree but when you look at some of the better players there's a real chance they won't be here next year be it end of loans or contracts running out. 
    Taking the out of contracts player into account definitely, although I’d like to keep a few of them. Excluding loan players I feel we have about 13 players I’d be happy to have in the squad next season. 
    But then that still leaves another 12. Like I said I do sort of agree but it's big ifs around a few existing players. 
  • Options
    Did Schwartz touch the ball?
    That was exactly what I was thinking.

He came on for another game recently when he never touched the ball once in 20 minutes.

That is 2 games with about 30 minutes total playing time with no touches 
    of the ball. Absolutely shocking.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    I think there is an exaggeration on the amount of players we need and we have to be realistic. Sandgaard may well be willing to spend more than Roland was but talk of 15/16 players is madness IMO. We need about 6/7 quality players and then another 3/4 good squad players. 
    Sort of agree but when you look at some of the better players there's a real chance they won't be here next year be it end of loans or contracts running out. 
    Taking the out of contracts player into account definitely, although I’d like to keep a few of them. Excluding loan players I feel we have about 13 players I’d be happy to have in the squad next season. 
    But then that still leaves another 12. Like I said I do sort of agree but it's big ifs around a few existing players. 
    Absolutely, no idea if the likes of Aneke want to say. There’s a few players I’d like to see more of, such as Matthews and Gilbey. Gunter not been good enough but Matthews hasn’t had a run of games to show his worth. 
  • Options
    As per usual the players mark posters are laying into Maatsen. Once a scapegoat always a scapegoat!!
    Won more tackles, more interceptions, occasional header and even offered some overlapping despite being asked to defend the second half without anyone ahead of him. Ludicrous!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Far to weak on the ball for me. He wasn't terrible but wasn't good either. 
  • Options
    Did Schwartz touch the ball?
    That was exactly what I was thinking.

He came on for another game recently when he never touched the ball once in 20 minutes.

That is 2 games with about 30 minutes total playing time with no touches 
    of the ball. Absolutely shocking.
    He didn’t but equally whilst he was on the pitch we failed to get the ball up to his part of the pitch. We were that poor last half hour!
  • Options
    A lot of grief being given to Amos for the goal. He's switched off a little bit for the return pass sure, but only because he will not have possibly been expecting to be sold ridiculously short by Famewo. Famewo was absolutely on to receive that ball, there was no-one near him when he received it and he had several opportunities to either play a pass or just clear the ball out before settling on the pass back to Amos, which was way too short. I know a lot of people get upset by the concept of playing out from the back but aside from the fact that Adkins will want us playing out, it was hardly a suicide ball from Amos. It's a shame for Famewo but he hasn't made a lot of mistakes this season. Can't remember another team like ours for making such terrible mistakes though. Must be a record being set
  • Options
    Just listened to Nigel Adkins on Valley Pass, what a load of BS. Obviously been learning from Karl Robinson. 
    What did he say which was BS, and why did you think it was BS? 
  • Options
    New Manager Bounce.  Charlton style.
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    Nigel didn’t hold down x long enough on that pass back to Amos for there goal. Adkins out!
        What does this actually mean ?
        If it was not for our stupid defender giving them a 
        Goal we would have won.
        We were also unlucky to have a WANKER if a referee today.
        Still 6th and plenty to feel pleased about 👍👍
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    I’d love to know when goes through Ben Amos head to take 20 seconds on goal kicks when we have about 40 seconds left in the game. 

It’s not the first time he’s done it. It’s like we are winning.. Jesus christ!
    Amos is a good shot stopper and is good on crosses but the rest of his game is poor.
    He's also pretty shit at shot stopping sometimes. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    To be fair the last two fixtures it seems like were Jackson sides. I am not surprised they looked like Bowyer performances still. It's also only been 5 days.
    That’s a stretch getting his name in here to find blame.