Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match Thread: Sunderland v Charlton | Sat 10 April 2021

A great victory away at the Stadium of Light. We can believe in ourselves now in the final seven games of the run in. We have momentum now, we just need to sort our home form.

Amos made some key saves in the first half to give us the platform to go on. A shame we couldn’t keep out their goal to give him the confidence of a clean sheet. Great game.

Inniss is a real boost at the back. He’s got the 3 ‘m’s’ of a quality centre back: Massive, Mobile, and a touch Mad. He’s the key to making us solid at the back and giving us a chance in matches. Today, he gave us the lead and the confidence to go on. 

Sunderland managed to pull a goal back, but truthfully, we looked good for the three points on the day. It was a well deserved victory.

Solid, professional performance.

Over to you.

Comments

• Massive result.  In our hands if we beat Lincoln.
  • Massive win. Take a Bow(yer) Nigel Adkins.

Amos was superb. 
  • Have we started our winning run now?  :)
  • Was it just me or from 65 min onwards, Sunderland's "hoof" it into the box like on speed did not concern me with Innis and Pearce in the form that they are in?

Well done lads. Huge result.
  • What a result. The dream is on....

Now for Peanuts selections to come in for a great day
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

How the hell are we suddenly so close to fourth!!

Ipswich 0-0 MK Dons was the only result that effectively went against us today
  • Magnificent. No one will want to play Nigel Atkins Charlton...
  • Ha’way the lads! My arse!
  • Great win, really enjoyed the game.

Amos was excellent, Inniss makes such a difference.

• edited April 2021
    Unreal effort towards the end there.

We looked very good at the start of the second half and maybe a bit unlucky with their goal.

Amos was fantastic. They couldn’t even begin to handle Stockley. Very good performance from DJ and the running from JFC and Gilbey was huge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just repeated it on the League 1 scores thread but teams that go unbeaten for so long have to lose eventually, felt that we stood a good chance as anyone of doing that to Sunderland today, especially after they bounced back from 1 down @ Peterborough on Monday.

Time thought to see if we can turn our home record around

Just four more wins to effectively us into the play-offs as agree with Mutley's 74-pts target, is fourth now in our sights though?
  • We've got 3 teams in our sights now, instead of just one.

All within reach if we win - and they don't.
    And all the teams with multiple games in hand - well, most of that is all used up now.

It's in our own hands. 

• Big game next weekend Win that I think we will make the playoffs and if we do none of the others will want to play us 
  • Great result, can’t believe play-offs now a realistic target 🤞🤞👍👍
  • Stewart said:
    Sunderland must really hate us. 
    Was fully expecting a 95th minute equaliser for redemption