Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Sunderland v Charlton | Sat 10 April 2021

Comments

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Stewart said:
    Sunderland must really hate us. 
    We'll get them in the play offs. Always do.
    Really don't want them in the playoffs, they are overdue to beat us in them now and they've just broken their Wembley hoodoo.
    The script has been written 
  • Options
    Are those that refused to believe starting to believe yet?
    Have never given up hope... I think we'll get top six now, whether we'll go up, not so sure still
    We weren't sure either 2 years ago ..... but we still went up!

It's up to us. It's in our own hands.

• Options
    Cheers Sunland, see you in the play offs
  • Options
    Amos MOTM, closely followed by DJ & JFC. Still don't get the love for Stockley & he really should have buried that chance 30 secs before Gilbey scored.

If we can beat Ipswich next week then I might start to believe -  beat Lincoln & we have a great chance. With our GD being so much worse than the other top 6 sides I still think we might need 75 points to nab 5th or 6th. 

If we did get into the play offs then the odds must be that we met Sunderland in the 2 legged games rather than the final. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Have never given up hope... I think we'll get top six now, whether we'll go up, not so sure still

Nah I was pretty confident two years ago, that run we went on made me think we were steal second at one stage

I think the difference between that year and this year is the fact that you had four teams (we were constantly ignored) going for the top two, the two teams that didnt make it almost imploded with form out of disappointment, on the other hand we went into the Play-Offs not really disappointed at missing out on second as we were always the least likely so manage it... It meant we kept our form going and won promotion.

One out of Sunderland | Hull | Peterborough will be the disappointed team this year, as like two years ago, that team will be forced to go into the Play-Offs whilst recovering from the disappointment of missing out on the automatics - the other three wont have to deal with that, although I'm straight away writing off Portsmouth as they're another version of Brentford when it comes to the Play-Offs.

Blackpool are the one team that scare me

But then if they go into the Play-Offs with two defeats against Sunderland they wont be the form team anymore
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Being at work prevented me from watching the game but managed to keep updated on proceedings. Was on the landing with a Hull supporter and he was as pleased as I was with the result. Admit to having given up hope of the play offs a few weeks ago but Adkins has restored the belief. Lovely.
  • Options
    Nah, they will be top two with Hull, maybe Peterborough in final
  • Options
    They need us to do them a favour them

They're five behind Peterborough now and only have the one game in hand...
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Nah I was pretty confident two years ago, that run we went on made me think we were steal second at one stage

I think the difference between that year and this year is the fact that you had four teams (we were constantly ignored) going for the top two, the two teams that didnt make it almost imploded with form out of disappointment, on the other hand we went into the Play-Offs not really disappointed at missing out on second as we were always the least likely so manage it... It meant we kept our form going and won promotion.

One out of Sunderland | Hull | Peterborough will be the disappointed team this year, as like two years ago, that team will be forced to go into the Play-Offs whilst recovering from the disappointment of missing out on the automatics - the other three wont have to deal with that, although I'm straight away writing off Portsmouth as they're another version of Brentford when it comes to the Play-Offs.

Blackpool are the one team that scare me

But then if they go into the Play-Offs with two defeats against Sunderland they wont be the form team anymore
    Very good point 
  • Options
    They need us to do them a favour them

They're five behind Peterborough now and only have the one game in hand...
    Sure that will be arranged, another scalp 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Adkins keen to push credit onto the players.
    Bowyer's post match after a victory is always "I told them to do x and they did it".

Not anti Bowyer, just saying.

Yeah, but you're being very selective. 

You're right about Bowyer in some of his last few months here.
    But that wasn't the Bowyer that led Charlton to 2 playoffs in successive seasons, Wembley and promotion.

Which bowyer was that then? Is there an island of Bowyer clones?
    His evil twin.  The one that does all the bad things that he gets blamed for.
  • Options
    Looks like a South London treble as well. COYR! 
  • Options
    Hell of an effort, and will need loads more of them to make the playoffs, but if we do with results like this going in, I will fully believe and have an eye on Wembley. Ipswich at home is absolute must win though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I didn’t even think I’d get to tune in today.

One of our beautiful goats died overnight due to kidney failure and we were devastated.
    But after burying her I sat down and tuned into Charlton TV.

Listening to Curbs, Lennie then my Bruv and Brownie just wrapped me in the nostalgic warmth I needed.

The performance and result was a bonus.

Sleep tight Mealla 💗

COYA!
    That's sad news, dear friend. 

Bless her cotton socks & big hugs to you.

For lots of reasons, our lads knew it was a special day to perform & take the 3 points. 
  • Options
    Best game this season between the two biggest clubs in the league.  We should have scored four or five and defended for our lives towards the end . 
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear that @KBslittlesis. A horrible thing to cope with.
  • Options
    Brilliant result. Great pre and post show with Lennie and Curbs. Really enjoy the trips down memory lane. Set up for an exciting end to the season. Good supporting Charlton isn't it! 
  • Options
    Excellent result.  How much do you think our recent form is due to Adkins' positivity and how much is due to any tactical changes?