Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Ipswich Next Sat will be different time / day (Confirmed for 12.30pm on the 17th)

edited April 2021 in General Charlton
To be confirmed, not to clash with Prince Philip’s funeral 

Comments

• Interesting choice of date/time for the funeral.
  • edited April 2021
    Will have to be the Saturday as we are playing on the Tuesday. 

Don’t think this decision would have been taken if their were crowds in attendance IMO
  • 12:30 kick offs?
  • Will have to be the Saturday as we are playing on the Tuesday. 

Don’t think this decision would have been taken if their were crowds in attendance IMO
    Wouldn’t have been possible. Couldn’t have moved 32 games to different times considering thousands of people would have already bought train tickets etc.
  • edited April 2021
    Will have to be the Saturday as we are playing on the Tuesday. 

Wouldn’t have been possible. Couldn’t have moved 32 games to different times considering thousands of people would have already bought train tickets etc.
    Yeah agree with CAFC43v3r, we live in the country where the rail companies dont give a toss once they've got your money

Would have received a shrug and a, "well its not our fault" when anyone tried to get a refund
  • Will have to be the Saturday as we are playing on the Tuesday. 

Yeah agree with CAFC43v3r, we live in the country where the rail companies dont give a toss once they've got your money

Would have received a shrug and a, "well its not our fault" when anyone tried to get a refund
    On second thoughts, you’re both probably right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would have made a lot more sense to have the funeral at 12 or 1pm surely? 
  • clb74 said:
    If it was down to me the country would be shut down for the day.
    Couldn't agree more.
  • clb74 said:
    If it was down to me the country would be shut down for the day.
    100%
  • According to Talksport all games now postponed 
  • Think early kick offs are the most likely outcome.
    Absolutely ridiculous.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:
    Think early kick offs are the most likely outcome.
    Doubt it. Later or different day much more likely. 
  • Why can't they just move all games to 3pm Sunday? 
    Absolutely ridiculous.
    I can't see that being the case with the fixture congestion issues. 
  • Why can't they just move all games to 3pm Sunday? 
    Because I have a double header Sunday.
  • edited April 2021
    I think next Friday evening is the obvious day. With Tuesday kick offs next week and the week after, it allows the minimum 3 day gap for all teams. 
  • That's it fit the funeral in round the football.
    And played when.....?

There are no spare midweeks to play them. If they are going to postpone then the only sensible option would be to do what they did last season & just move every game on a few days. So we play Ipswich on tuesday 20th, Crewe on the Sat 24th & finish with Hull on Tuesday the 11th.
  • With no crowds it’s hardly an issue so why not just play at say 7pm?