Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Ipswich Next Sat will be different time / day (Confirmed for 12.30pm on the 17th)

Comments

• Options
    Princess Diana's funeral was on a Saturday Morning: The Duke's funeral should be in the week. 
  • Options
    According to Talksport all games now postponed 
    Hmmm... TalkSport...
  • Options
    Princess Diana's funeral was on a Saturday Morning: The Duke's funeral should be in the week. 
    Why?
  • Options
    I suppose that technically they have been postponed, but they can also be re-arranged.
  • Options
    Doubt they’ll be games prior on the Saturday, so potentially games kicking off later that afternoon.

There is sadly a bit of rehearsals being done with the Dukes funeral for events in the future. And they’ll be no games at all for a week when that happens 
  • Options
    If they want the funeral to be 3pm Saturday then so be it. I'm all for the league paying its respects and not having games at 3pm, but there is no need to move the days.

With no fans in attendance there is absolutely no reason why games can't just be played at 12.30 or 5.30pm.
    If it’s a day of mourning then I can understand it mate.
  • Options
    The games will be played, no supporters should lose out financially and most won't be inconvenienced too much. The end.
  • Options
    It's only a day of mourning if we lose
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why not play the Charlton game in the grounds at Windsor Castle - keeps us all happy then. 
  • Options
    I see Peterborough vs Northampton has moved to the Friday night at 7pm. Would imagine majority of fixtures will be Friday night 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Can't they just move the funeral? I've already missed Gardeners world.
  • Options
    The date and time of Prince Phillip's funeral might have been chosen as the best for the Royal Family. We must remember that they are grieving for a much loved family member and in the circumstances, moving the time of a football match is only a minor inconvenience.
  • Options
    The date and time of Prince Phillip's funeral might have been chosen as the best for the Royal Family. We must remember that they are grieving for a much loved family member and in the circumstances, moving the time of a football match is only a minor inconvenience.
    *moving the time of 32 football matches 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    *moving the time of 32 football matches 
    Nobody can attend those football matches, so it isn't a big problem.
  • Options
    I'm playing my first tennis match of the Summer season on Saturday morning so will be gutted if they move the ko time to say 12.30. 
  • Options
    I'm playing my first tennis match of the Summer season on Saturday morning so will be gutted if they move the ko time to say 12.30. 
    Similarly I’ve arranged to tee off at 9.30am in first golf comp since lockdown. Hoping for anything but a Sat lunchtime kick off. 

Also, with the change in time, can Curbs now take his Valley Pass slot?........Praps 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I see Peterborough vs Northampton has moved to the Friday night at 7pm. Would imagine majority of fixtures will be Friday night 
    They are not playing on Tuesday so not too much of a problem for them. 
  • Options
    A whole day of mourning? What does that involve? Does the public have to wear black and pray all day?

The funeral is a private affair with no spectators. All the matches have no spectators. Heaven forbid if we watch a comedy show instead and laugh that day.

Traditionally mourning can involve expression through art and music. Why not football?
    Prince Philip encouraged physical exercise with his award scheme.

September 6th 1997 was Princess Diana's funeral and I went to a wedding. Pay respect but life goes on.

The minuscule viewing figures for all the royal coverage on Friday highlights how OTT this is. 
  • Options
    A whole day of mourning? What does that involve? Does the public have to wear black and pray all day?

The funeral is a private affair with no spectators. All the matches have no spectators. Heaven forbid if we watch a comedy show instead and laugh that day.

Traditionally mourning can involve expression through art and music. Why not football?
    Prince Philip encouraged physical exercise with his award scheme.

September 6th 1997 was Princess Diana's funeral and I went to a wedding. Pay respect but life goes on.

The minuscule viewing figures for all the royal coverage on Friday highlights how OTT this is. 
    Just googled this and saw BBC and ITV were 60% down on viewing figures from last week. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Rothko said:
    The game will get played next weekend at some point, just not at 3 on Saturday, I don’t get the amount of knicker elastic that’s getting twisted over this 
    Nothing else to talk about on a wet Sunday afternoon, but my 'apennywoth is Saturday 12.30, sorted
  • Options
    Not being a royalist it all feels a bit much to me. But there are plenty of people who want to pay their full respects so fair enough if moving some games helps them do it then go ahead.

When her majesty inevitably passes it seems like we might be in for months of this.
  • Options
    I have no real thoughts either way in regards to when the game will be played. However I do think the television coverage off this sad event has been well over the top. The man himself said he didnt want a state funeral and at the end of the day this should be a private time for the Royal Family. The media will not allow that obviously