Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Ipswich Next Sat will be different time / day (Confirmed for 12.30pm on the 17th)

Comments

• Options
    I’ve just reiterated to my wife that I don’t want the hearse driving slow when I snuff it 
    I don’t want anyone to be inconvenienced by me during or after my life .
    Prince Philip would prolly have chosen to not
    have inconvenienced us all but someone else is making the decisions.
    shame really 

Everyone dies and has to have some kind of funeral. The timing of Prince Phillip's funeral will never please everyone, but I find it so disrespectful that people are moaning because they are being inconvenienced. 

Some people are forgetting that a much loved member of a family has died and the wishes of that family should be respected. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    So a celebrity dies and now we're moving football games for the funeral and demanding a national shut down? Alrighty then.
  • Options
    I find wanting to watch a funeral of a person you’ve never met quite peculiar.
    Wanting to watch any funeral is peculiar. 
    Depending on the deceased.
  • Options
    Will have to be the Saturday as we are playing on the Tuesday. 

Don’t think this decision would have been taken if their were crowds in attendance IMO
    What happened to the Prince's request for informality and no fuss ?

No crowds 

Oh and no flowers,  give money to charities.  Why do people ignore his requests ?
    I think this is disrespectful. If you are asked not to give flowers then surely you don't. 
  • Options
    I find wanting to watch a funeral of a person you’ve never met quite peculiar.
    I never met him but my son did some voluntary work for the cat's protection league and he issued a certificate that meant my son could borrow 27 grand and spend a few months at university. 

He has been pivotal in my family's live. Of course I want to see his funeral on TV.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ve just reiterated to my wife that I don’t want the hearse driving slow when I snuff it 
    shame really 

Everyone dies and has to have some kind of funeral. The timing of Prince Phillip's funeral will never please everyone, but I find it so disrespectful that people are moaning because they are being inconvenienced. 

Some people are forgetting that a much loved member of a family has died and the wishes of that family should be respected. 
    I do respect anyone that’s died. However, I don’t know him, he’s not in my family, he never even knew I existed along with 99.9% of the rest of the country. So why we all gotta stop what we wanna do when his family are having a personal funeral? It’s all really strange.
    No-one is asking you to stop doing what you want to do. Whatever time is chosen will not please someone. Millions of people do want to watch the funeral.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    shame really 

I do respect anyone that’s died. However, I don’t know him, he’s not in my family, he never even knew I existed along with 99.9% of the rest of the country. So why we all gotta stop what we wanna do when his family are having a personal funeral? It’s all really strange.
    You're not having to stop doing what you want to do though

Football has just been moved a few hours (maybe a day) as a mark of its respect to Prince Philip - If you want to do something else at that time then no one is stopping you
    I go to work all week, work late Friday and have my daughter all day Sunday, Saturday afternoon is when I (and countless others) can sit down and watch Charlton/football. Just crack on with life, we’ve all had enough of the last 12 months, I can completely understand people’s frustrations.
  • Options
    I’m hoping for a Friday night game, pubs open 😎
  • Options
    shame really 

Football has just been moved a few hours (maybe a day) as a mark of its respect to Prince Philip - If you want to do something else at that time then no one is stopping you
    I go to work all week, work late Friday and have my daughter all day Sunday, Saturday afternoon is when I can sit down and watch Charlton/football. Just crack on with life, we’ve all had enough of the last 12 months, I can completely understand people’s frustrations.
    Thats fair... But we've had plenty of games moved to random KO's this season and given zero warning, on those occasions no one seemed to care
  • Options
    shame really 

I go to work all week, work late Friday and have my daughter all day Sunday, Saturday afternoon is when I can sit down and watch Charlton/football. Just crack on with life, we’ve all had enough of the last 12 months, I can completely understand people’s frustrations.
    Thats fair... But we've had plenty of games moved to random KO's this season and given zero warning, on those occasions no one seemed to care
    Some people get pissed off at it but TV rescheduling now goes hand in hand with football. The death of a 99 year old man having a funeral attended by his family and friends has no correlation to 22 blokes kicking a ball about.
  • Options
    shame really 

Some people get pissed off at it but TV rescheduling now goes hand in hand with football. The death of a 99 year old man having a funeral attended by his family and friends has no correlation to 22 blokes kicking a ball about.
    Gillingham v Charlton wasnt moved for TV... We didnt get told why it was moved

Same with any game @ 7pm or the 6:30pm one against Peterborough...
  • Options
    I'm a royalist but when putting the TV on Friday night to find the same programme on BBC1 and BBC2 followed by the same thing two hours later.......bloody hell, I didn't think we were a dictatorship.
    And they then cancelled sverything on BBC4 as well. Special programme about The Old Grey Whistle Test that I wanted to watch.....disappeared.

And I thought that was why they have a dedicated News Channel ffs  !!!

Poor old Golfie..

“This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you.”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there anything that we aren't invited/encouraged to get angry about these days?
  • Options
    No. HTH
  • Options
    Just to clarify, I’m not angry (I was about Masterchef), shit happens. I just find it quite confusing about the postponement of things that have nothing to do with a private funeral.
  • Options
    shame really 

He isn't just any old 99 year old bloke and millions of people will want to watch his funeral and many of those will also be football fans. It's only one afternoon after all.

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Just to clarify, I’m not angry (I was about Masterchef), shit happens. I just find it quite confusing about the postponement of things that have nothing to do with a private funeral.
    Same here. I am sorry he has died and respect his service to Queen and country. But I don't like people telling me how I should act and what I can't do. He was somebody I respect and may he rest in peace but I can't mourn him as I wasn't close to him. I didn't love him as members of his family loved him. I don't think others should expect me to.
  • Options
    On BBC online's home page "looking ahead to a low-key funeral", since when were all domestic football fixtures postponed for a low-key affair....

• Options
    With no crowds it’s hardly an issue so why not just play at say 7pm?
    Or half past 3
  • Options
    They (EFL) just need to hurry up and set the times so that all this chat can be over and done with.