Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Ipswich Next Sat will be different time / day (Confirmed for 12.30pm on the 17th)

Comments

• Options
    Old geezer dies, country’s sport goes into organisational chaos for his funeral.
    What a wonderful world we live in.
  • Options
    I'm not a supporter of the Royal Family, but I'm not one for having a go at those who are. It's people's choice after all.
    However I don't understand people getting upset about moving next Saturday's kick off times! Many football fans may want to watch the funeral procession etc on TV, and, as it's been agreed that the proceedings will take place at 3 PM, surely pushing back KO for a couple of hours won't hurt? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    The date and time of Prince Phillip's funeral might have been chosen as the best for the Royal Family. We must remember that they are grieving for a much loved family member and in the circumstances, moving the time of a football match is only a minor inconvenience.
    *moving the time of 32 football matches 
    Nobody can attend those football matches, so it isn't a big problem.
    Nobody can attend the funeral.

15 - 15
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    The date and time of Prince Phillip's funeral might have been chosen as the best for the Royal Family. We must remember that they are grieving for a much loved family member and in the circumstances, moving the time of a football match is only a minor inconvenience.

15 - 15
    His family not going then?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

15 - 15
    But everyone can watch it on television.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    se9addick said:

15 - 15
    Watch what though ? A few family members, Surely there can’t be a choir and if it’s in a chapel there won’t be a lot of options for getting tv camera crews in. It’ll be the equivalent of Sunderland’s coverage of yesterday’s game with a camera a long way away
  • Options
    Great to see the panel divided almost exactly as I would have predicted - Golfie being the honourable exception.

Absolutley no reason at all it could not have been anytime between 10AM and 2PM.      
    You know the Royal Family's wishes do you? I'm sure there is a very good reason why they chose 3pm, which none of us is party to. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

15 - 15
    30-15
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    One thing, why do royalist get so angry that not everyone is obsessed with the royal family? Reminds me of religious people hating atheists.

I am sad he is gone and would much rather he hadn’t but am I more sad than the numerous other deaths that occurred on the same day to people younger and who lead less full lives? No is the answer.
    You don’t have to be a Royalist and be obsessed with them.
    Of course there are some who are.....but way way more support them without being obsessed.
    I certainly am a Royalist but in no way does obsession come into it......not even close.
    I firmly believe this is the way in which the vast majority of Royalists behave.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

15 - 15
    30-15
    Everyone can watch Charlton vs Ipswich on VP if they wanted.

30-30
  • Options
    se9addick said:

15 - 15
    30-15

30-30
    Some want to watch both

40 - 30
  • Options
    You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people, all of the time.
  • Options
    From what I can see no decision on the kick off times of the EFL games has yet been made and the EFL "will now work with its clubs to determine at what time the matches will be played". I would assume they will still be on the Saturday and probably kick off at either 12;30 or 5:30.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has the Masterchef final been rescheduled?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Macronate said:
    Has the Masterchef final been rescheduled?
    Not yet. I hope it isn't 5:30 on Saturday!
  • Options
    Getting beyond silly now.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

15 - 15
    30-15

30-30
    Can they do the funeral on Valley Pass too? Steve Brown’s analysis would be excellent. 

Not sure, he’ll be any good at a funeral as a pallbearer as he won’t let you down. ⚰️