Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Peterborough | Sat 24 April 2021

edited April 2021 in General Charlton
We started well, but couldn’t match Peterborough’s quality and fell behind in the first ten minutes, a period in which they were dominant. We grew into the game and should have equalised with the penalty. 

In the second half, we more than matched them, but just couldn’t muster the bit of quality we needed to breech their goal.

First loss in eleven, I think, and a blip in our promotion push. Back down to earth with a bit of bump. Our home form difficulties have plagued us no end. 

Still, tomorrow’s a new day and “a good a chance to start again.”

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    Well that was shite 😡
  • Options
    Nigel good morning birds are singing....please make subs sooner to try and impact a game and play 2 up front at home FFS
  • Options
    Don't think we were awful but a deserved result.
    Glad others are stumbling. Still got a chance. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fine margins at the end of the day

Makes Tuesdays game against Crewe that little bit more important, hopefully they'll be on the beach like Plymouth were

We showed how good we are attacking but Peterborough had the defensive side to their game that we've lacked this season, if you want to finish top two boys and girls thats the sort of team you need to have - Ruthless in attack and a stubborn defence!!... Although ironically Peterborough seemed to lack that ruthless side to their game today with Szmodics thinking he should have had a hat-trick.

Dont think the late subs were as costly as they were made out to be...

Was a bit like Ipswich last week where the players on the pitch were still pushing for a goal, there were no tired legs out there so was going to be a case of changing things for the sake of it which is exactly what happened when Aneke, Washington and Famewo did come on.
  • Options
    Stockley done the biz in the last minute, perfectly cushioned header back to their keeper - hate this lot tbh
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Peterborough played like a team ready for the next level. We played like a team no better than top half of League One. Difference in quality was clear. Big changes needed in the summer.
    Strongly disagree. We played quite well and basically matched a team who are going up. It was a tight game decided by the composure of the strikers 
    Agreed 👍
  • Options
    That game was screaming out for attacking subs that were left far too late. Top two goal scorers on the bench and unused until late on. That is a ridiculous call from Adkins.

The squad have no nouse, no brain, absolutely nothing between their ears. Stupid fouls, endless shit set pieces, just a constant stream of frustration.

I just want this season to finish. Whatever happens, it's been so unenjoyable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Adkins partly to blame in my opinion . Bringing Morgan on for DJ was a waste of time. Should have been chuks. Then making subs with 15 mins to go, Millar should have been subbed after an hour his decision making is so poor 
  • Options
    Thought a draw would've been a fair result tbh
  • Options
    Browny spot on in his post match assessment. We played pretty well, but that little bit of quality in the final third alluded us. Millar in particular was very wasteful. Set piece delivery was a real frustration. We’ll get into the playoffs but today showed why we’re far from favourites to win them. Fortunately Peterborough are probably better than anything we’ll face in the playoffs.

I fancied us today to make a bit of a statement but in the end Peterborough made the statement.

Adkins already starting to do my nut in with his subs. Totally inactive vs Ipswich and too late with the changes today. Waited until we’d started to lose that intensity instead of trying to capitalize when we were at our peak. 
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I think scoring 6-0 has our heads in our asses! 
    Came into the game with the wrong mindset, fought hard but all fart and no shit.

disappointing, but get the impression Adkins had already earmarked this game as a loss anyway- win the rest and hopefully it’s enough! 

Shame about other results, but we go again Tuesday! 
  • Options
    Thought we played well but they more than matched us in the air which nullified our goal threat a bit. 

We knew this side aren’t top 2 material and were never gonna win all our remaining games. Puts a bit of pressure on Tuesday as I think we need 2 wins from somewhere but I’m confident we’ll do it. 
  • Options
    Let's be honest with ourselves here, yes we lost by only one goal and missed a penalty, but on another day Szmodics would have had an hat-trick.

Morgan is completely ineffective, the subs were way too late and for all the lauding of our set pieces, they were dogshit today.
  • Options
    Don't think the gulf was too big really. JCH was better than Stockley on the day, and we were less incisive overall in attack. Think our pressing game is coming together, we need to work on being clinical. I'm sure the team and manager will be itching to put things right on Tuesday.