Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton v Peterborough | Sat 24 April 2021

Comments

• Options
    Sorry Morgan...
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    People saying about bringing Aneke and Washington on earlier - both of them only recently or today returning from injury. Why risk aggravating the injuries when we've already had DJ off? We'll need as many fit for the last few games as possible.
    Because you need the points on the board. Oxford won't care that we have games in hand on them right now, as they are above us, so Robbo will be telling them "they still have to actually go out there and get the points to climb above us"

(Obviously he'll actually take about 20 minutes to say that but you know what I mean)
    We need points yes but why compromise three games and 9 potential points for the chance of three in a game you're losing? 

Washington came back today and you have people calling for him to play 70minutes once DJ is off. If he gets injured or pulled up again, we're woefully short. 
  • Options
    Am I missing something, why is top six no longer in our hands?, if we win our game in hand we go 5th 3pts behind 4th. Is that not then in our hands?
  • Options
    62% possession but level on shots. Story of the game right there. Just did not create the chances we should have done with the amount of ball we had.

Williams would’ve enjoyed that game today. 

• Options
    edited April 2021
    paulfox said:
    Am I missing something, why is top six no longer in our hands?, if we win our game in hand we go 5th 3pts behind 4th. Is that not then in our hands?
    People arent counting on their fingers properly... Its still completely within our hands, unfortunately Portsmouth and Blackpool play games in hand this Tuesday as yet if they lose we can go fifth if we beat Crewe
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Pompey away to Accrington, Blackpool away to Sunderland and Oxford not playing. We could be in 5th if we win on Tuesday.
  • Options
    62% possession but level on shots. Story of the game right there. Just did not create the chances we should have done with the amount of ball we had.

Williams would’ve enjoyed that game today. 

11 shots each. 3 on target for us, 5 on target for them. 6 shots blocked for us, 2 shots blocked for them.

We had one clear cut chance in the match (penalty). They had three (Szmodics x3).

We huffed and puffed but couldn’t blow the house down.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Gotta beat Crewe, Accrington and Lincoln now to nick 5th or 6th. Can’t see that happening imho. Hull look too good for us by a country mile.
    No, 2 wins will be enough, the other teams aren't going to win every game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can I just...what 'big changes' are needed? Nobody's answered me yet. I suspect people's answers will involve 'better players than Millar and DJ as wing forwards'. Those players are pretty hard to find. That said we have a certain Chelsea loanee coming back to fitness ;)
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I mean, what 'big changes' are needed? Where were we lacking on the field? One of our tricky wingers got injured and we brought on the wrong option, but we have a squad up to it. What I ask are the big changes? Where were we lacking? All we lacked today was final ball 
    Try to take the positives sure but the reality of the situation is Peterborough are better than us. Szmodics could’ve had a hat trick with his one on ones today. We rarely got behind their back line and when we did, we quickly ruined it. That’s the difference and that’s what needs to be addressed in the summer.
    Easy saying could of had a hat trick, he didn’t!, we could of scored a pen. Could of crossed better etc. If it was 1-1 nobody could have complained.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Can I just...what 'big changes' are needed? Nobody's answered me yet. I suspect people's answers will involve 'better players than Millar and DJ as wing forwards'. Those players are pretty hard to find. That said we have a certain Chelsea loanee coming back to fitness ;)
    Its a shame he wasnt on the bench instead of Gunter, said it before the game yet with Maatsen we effectively had someone who could play in Defence, Midfield and attack - With his knock might not have been chosen but could easily have come on for Jaiyesimi OR could have replaced the ineffective Millar
  • Options
    Not overly concerned. Only thing that pisses me  off is the quality that comes in from the left - its power puff.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Better keeper, better defenders, better midfielders, better strikers... does that help? :-)
    You are a pest, lol
  • Options
    Helo davo55,I agree with you bruv I think we matched them
    and could and should have got a draw the downside is our two top goal scorers got 14 and 7 minutes they should of both got on around 65/70 minutes 
  • Options
    We are what we are. Top 10 div one team.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I will - Sarr. We miss him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Leuth said:
    Peterborough played like a team ready for the next level. We played like a team no better than top half of League One. Difference in quality was clear. Big changes needed in the summer.
    Strongly disagree. We played quite well and basically matched a team who are going up. It was a tight game decided by the composure of the strikers 
    We didn't create anything. They had three one-on-ones and an open goal. 
  • Options
    Looks like 2 from 4 for the last 2 Play-off places if you assume Posh will go up and Sunderland & Lincoln fill the first 2 Play- Off places. Still in our hands but we may need to win 3 of the last 4 and 3 of them are at home where we have won only 6 all season.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    You are playing to a gallery here. A gallery of me 

More composure in our passing from the back would certainly help. Pearce isn't the worst. It's a big hole in Inniss' and Famewo's games. They're good enough defenders that it doesn't matter so much
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Not overly concerned. Only thing that pisses me  off is the quality that comes in from the left - its power puff.
    Whoever can Photoshop Liam Miller onto this photo first wins a prize

Is he the one who is photoshopped out of the picture?
  • Options
    Rest up DJ. Big part to play if it isn't too severe. Meanwhile, backing Maatsen to save our season :)
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    You are playing to a gallery here. A gallery of me 

More composure in our passing from the back would certainly help. Pearce isn't the worst. It's a big hole in Inniss' and Famewo's games. They're good enough defenders that it doesn't matter so much
    And me.

I miss BeckenSarr the Enforcer.