Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• Options
    Just got mine. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Impressive first day activity.
    Could this be mainly core supporters who have been boycotting, rushing to try and regain their former seats?
    No judgement on my part, just curious.
    What final ST sales figure do people expect?
    I can't see beyond 7k to 10k depending on which league we are in.

• Options
    Just renewed for the grand total of £16.
    Had to wait 35 minutes on the phone so anyone trying to book by phone just be patient they will answer. 
  • Options
    Purchased 2 in the Family Stand for me and my 6yo Son. No brainer in saving £200 from where we had been previously in the Curbs Stand.
  • Options
    Could this be mainly core supporters who have been boycotting, rushing to try and regain their former seats?

I don’t think we can tell anything really yet on what’s been announced. Nor would I pay much notice to the rallying claims above about five years combined etc

Theres an effective online model in place now that just hasn’t been the case in previous years, and as we’ve seen with the release of away tickets since this system has been in place, it seriously front loads purchasing with big day one effects.

what that does allow is lots of positive messages off the back of it which helps build momentum as others get encouraged by the positive noises. How far that will stretch though is the big unknown 

On the basis we’ll be in L1 and with no standout enticing discount on offer, what would people see as a good return of ST holders next season? 

6k / 8k / 10k / 12k ? 
  • Options

You imagine so. I renewed this season, so for me there's no need to rush and renew straight away
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    They're selling fast because the price will be a bargain for Championship football next season!!!
    Well we'll either be watching the Massives or Wayne Rooney's Derby County next season, which is enough in itself!
  • Options
    Just got my 3 bought. 
  • Options

I don’t think we can tell anything really yet on what’s been announced. Nor would I pay much notice to the rallying claims above about five years combined etc

Theres an effective online model in place now that just hasn’t been the case in previous years, and as we’ve seen with the release of away tickets since this system has been in place, it seriously front loads purchasing with big day one effects.

what that does allow is lots of positive messages off the back of it which helps build momentum as others get encouraged by the positive noises. How far that will stretch though is the big unknown 

On the basis we’ll be in L1 and with no standout enticing discount on offer, what would people see as a good return of ST holders next season? 

6k / 8k / 10k / 12k ? 
    I think 10k would be a good turnout - would put us near the top of the tree as best supported club if we are in Lge 1 (depending on who goes up / down)

If - by some miracle we did go up, I wouldn’t be surprised if we had in excess of 15k season tickets
  • Options

6k / 8k / 10k / 12k ? 
    Think 10k should always be the target at this level. 12-13k in the champ would be very good effort.
  • Options
    The website article also refers to the 'early bird deadline' but doesn't actually state when this is? 
    Has anybody come up with a date for this yet?
    Unless I've missed it, I still don't think there has been confirmation of the early bird deadline?
  • Options
    10k would be an exceptional effort at this level
  • Options
    Does anyone know if you can go down in person to the ticket office and pay cash?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    10k would be an exceptional effort at this level
    As has always been the case with Charlton, the support is out there if the club is successful - sadly it’s such a yo yo existence supporting Charlton, people get disillusioned (I did for a while)

BUT I do think now we have a decent owner, and one who wants to push all the buttons in terms of publicising the club and the ‘journey’ ahead, we should pick up some fans who wouldn’t normally entertain watching Charlton in Div 3

10k is achievable for Charlton in Div 3, provided the offering on the pitch is right
  • Options
    just bought mine in the north upper executive box (block k)
  • Options
    Does anyone know if you can go down in person to the ticket office and pay cash?
    I went yesterday and it was closed.
    When I renewed  by phone today I was told the ticket office is now open.
  • Options

How to Buy

• By phone – The ticket office’s phone lines are open 9am-5pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 9am-1pm on Monday and Thursdays we are closed and from 10am on home matchdays

• Online – Fans can purchase or renew their season ticket 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

• By post – You can return your completed application form to The Valley, Floyd Road, London, SE7 8BL

Please note, the ticket office will be closed for in-person purchases until further notice 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/608fc8d02e8c8/202122-season-tickets-to-go-on-sale

• Options
    thought i had some charlton cash left but appears i don't but if i'm honest, i'm not bothered as i want to back TS and the club as much as poss now the crap owners have cleared off - i'll probably be down the club shop wasting more money on stuff i don't really want or need soon - i appreciate some people may have money issues but the quibbling over a few quid on here is a bit embarrassing really as i'm sure most of those people will easily waste the difference in the club shop or in the pub or the foodstall over the season so really makes the odd £20 or £30 very minor - bit like going in the hairdressers after lockdown - i'm happy to pay a bit more and give a tip - people who run these things have suffered much more than me and as long as the prices aren't taking the piss, which i don't think they are, i'm happy.  
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Does anybody know....unless I am mistaken, in the past any junior season ticket holder automatically becomes a 'junior red', and therefore there is no need to sign up/pay for this as well.

Just that I cant remember reading this anywhere?
  • Options
    35 minute wait on the phone listening to the worst music ever ( got to moan about something ) got tickets for myself and grandson in our usual seats in the lower north. Exciting times ... thanks Thomas . COYR 
  • Options
    GD78 said:
    Does anybody know....unless I am mistaken, in the past any junior season ticket holder automatically becomes a 'junior red', and therefore there is no need to sign up/pay for this as well.

Just that I cant remember reading this anywhere?
    Doesn't appear to be automatic.

• Options
    edited May 2021

CAFC Facts & Stats
    · Aug 28, 2020
    Season tickets sold at #cafc 10/11 - 19/20
     10/11: 9,572
    11/12: 9,663
    12/13: 11,611
    13/14: 10,025
    14/15: 10,266
    15/16: 10,278
    16/17: 6,297
    17/18: U/K
    18/19: 6,458
    19/20: 10,000+
    20/21: 3,500+ (as of 27/8)

Two things:

Firstly:

Based on those figures anything over 7k is decent in this division IMHO based on recent history.

Yes, we now have a decent owner and boycotters are returning but we're also coming out of a pandemic which will have hurt some people financially and others will have lost the habit/got used to streaming games instead. 

8k would be good, 10k very good, 12k exceptional IMHO @AFKABartram

Secondly:

How open the club is being about sales. 

In two of the last three years they didn't give out exact figures but we are getting a running total, Blue Peter Appeal style.   It does suggest a more open and inclusive style of communication and trust.  Why not tell the fans how the sales are going?  It might just generate more interest and perhaps sales.