Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• Options
    ButtleJR said:
    This might sound a stupid question but is row A closest to the pitch? Looking to get tickets at the back of the north lower and just want to make sure.
    I used to sit in North lower row E. A is definitely at the front
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Bought mine yesterday. Didn't last year because of Covid. 
    It's a new era regardless of what happens on Sunday. at last we have a club that looks to be progressive and stable.
    We have seen off Duchatelet and all the various crooks, con men, dodgy solicitors who thought that they could ride roughshod over some of the most loyal and dedicated fans in football. May an awful pox fall on all of them.
    Thanks to TS we have our club back, and once again can be proud to say ' I support Charlton Athletic'
    Agree with all of that, apart from the last bit. Whatever has happened on and off the pitch in all the years I’ve supported the club, I have never stopped being proud to say “I support Charlton Athletic”.
    Fair comment Bob, but the last few years had knocked the stuffing out of this old bugger.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Bought mine yesterday. Didn't last year because of Covid. 
    It's a new era regardless of what happens on Sunday. at last we have a club that looks to be progressive and stable.
    We have seen off Duchatelet and all the various crooks, con men, dodgy solicitors who thought that they could ride roughshod over some of the most loyal and dedicated fans in football. May an awful pox fall on all of them.
    Thanks to TS we have our club back, and once again can be proud to say ' I support Charlton Athletic'
    Agree with all of that, apart from the last bit. Whatever has happened on and off the pitch in all the years I’ve supported the club, I have never stopped being proud to say “I support Charlton Athletic”.
    Fair comment Bob, but the last few years had knocked the stuffing out of this old bugger.
    This old bugger too!
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    clive said:
    Love the voice over, I'm now in the studio with YouTube videos of our songs playing on repeat. Our first game at home next season is going to be absolute carnage. 
    Is that Morts doing the voice over?
  • Options
    The problem I've got is
    If I buy a season ticket I will be doing less away games.
    Championship season I done 15/18.
    And love the away days.
  • Options
    Renewed in the Alan Curbishley stand.
  • Options
    I want to get a ST but going to wait until what the situation with COVID come August. Think we’re nearing the end of it all now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Tried renewing online to save hanging on the telephone (besides, there was a blond bint in the phone booth - it's the one across the hall  ;) )
    The transaction was to include my son, who is set up as one of my "fiends and family" on the ticketing account.
    When I got to t &c's page, I clicked on the pencil icon to use my son's CAFCCash against his ticket.
    Trouble is when it ticks and includes his, it simultaneously unticks mine so that my CAFCCash is no longer showing.
    I am probably doing something wrong - any ideas folks?

When your cash amount and name are showing, click on the pay by cafc cash icon. Your name and amount will go above the pencil icon. The box should change to your son’s name and amount, click on the cafc cash icon again and your son’s info will join yours above the pencil icon. After this you can move forward with the transaction.

I did this for three attached to my account. 

The only problem I had was with my credit card company. They wouldn’t authorise the transaction, it flagged up that it was a dodgy site. So I paid by bank card instead, and I still had to authorise that via the app.

I wonder if Southall’s name is still attached to the club?£££🤏
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    This might sound a stupid question but is row A closest to the pitch? Looking to get tickets at the back of the north lower and just want to make sure.
    There is a visual of each stand on the website. You can actually see the available seats.
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    I'm not certain but I'd guess row A is closest to the pitch.
    If you then get past row Z it goes to AA.
  • Options
    Back in the North after a season away - miss the craic win lose or draw and miss the odd away game -looking forward to Derby or Sheff Wednesday next years or even both - derby away is a good away day - 

• Options
    kafka said:
    Just bought. First time since start of Roland era
    Just bought mine and grandson no 2's. First time since this season (not that we used this year's).

Absolute piece of p155 to renew the seats, part-paying by CAFC Cash ... it took longer to read my credit card number and key it in than anything else in the process.

Fingers crossed we can make some use of them this year!
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Thank you mate 👍
  • Options
    Renewed. I had plenty of CAFC Cash left, which knocked 50% off. I also have a load of CAFC points brought forward from 2019/20, so will be in pole position to nab those precious away tickets at Accrington
  • Options
    Renewed in the North Upper. Regardless of the result on Sunday, feeling optimistic about next season. 
  • Options
    BFG94 said:
    Renewed season tickets for myself and eight-year old grandson today. Plus purchased another for my five-year-old grandson, who will be making his Valley debut (Covid rules permitting) at the start of next season. 
     Poor lad did not stand a chance as to which team to support - he's been brainwashed into becoming an Addick since the day he was born.
    It's the only way, saves them the pain of becoming a spanner or a stripy Nigel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DiscoCAFC said:
    I want to get a ST but going to wait until what the situation with COVID come August. Think we’re nearing the end of it all now.
    We aren't anywhere near the end of COVID-19: https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n494
  • Options
    Is Bartrams no longer open?

I’ve not been down outside the west stand for years so I’ve no idea. 

If not, can that not be reopened?
  • Options
    Belv said:

It was last time we could attend 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Belv said:

It was last time we could attend 
    It probably wouldn’t make a huge amount of difference as it’s not particularly big inside from memory.

It’s definitely something the club need to look into, I much prefer a pub but they need to capitalise on the fact that there are only 3 local pubs still open.
  • Options
    100% more room for another bar space/area at Charlton
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Thank you mate 👍
    I sit in Row V which is second to last row.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:
    Fair enough but it is a risk free purchase. If Covid prevents attendances again I'm certain they'll operate Cafc Cash for your use when things do open up again.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    It’s not so much an issue as tinkering with how crossbars operates as seems to be the gist of the thread now, it should a question of how can the club expand capacity around the ground. I use crossbars on matchdays before the game, get something to eat and in winter time just warm up, and usually afterwards for a couple of pints to let the queue at the station go away.

crossbars is popular, particularly on colder days (ie when most games in England are played) because its ‘indoors’ and warm. The club needs to look at how it can create more of those spaces. Adding a roof to the back of the East/Curbs stand looks pretty feasible to me. Enclose that space, put in some carpet, tables and chairs and that would make that more attractive for fans in that stand to use and take some of the pre-match pressure off crossbars.

Then there is the west stand car park. There must be space there to create another ‘indoor’ hospitality area, even a large marquee would do the trick of adding capacity. 

The bars below the stands could do with a heating system in winter. When I leave Crossbars on match day, I head for the bar in the Covered End for a quick pint, or two if there is a minutes silence for somebody totally unconnected with Charlton. Half time is usually a waste of time trying to get served. Full time the bars are shut so I head to crossbars as mentioned above - top marks to Brighton who opened their away fan stands bars after the game last time I went there.

The match day experience isn’t just about the football, there is a huge social side to going to a game. 

As the film said, if you build it, they will come.

Good news that there is to be no change in the existing arrangements for Crossbars/The Fans' North Stand Bar and no charge for admission. A case of 'once bitten, twice shy' following the crazily expensive season ticket/membership scheme which I believe was the brainchild of one Ben Kensell. If so, he's clearly had some better ideas since, as he's been the Chief Operating Officer at Norwich City for nearly three years. On second thoughts, maybe it was one of Katrien's brilliant initiatives.

Returning to the present day and altogether happier times, I entirely agree with @letthegoodtimesroll's point about capacity, particularly following the demise of the White Swan and the Liberal Club, albeit mitigated to an extent by the reopening of The Royal Oak. If there is room at the far end of the West Stand car park, some kind of marquee - along the lines of the one at Wycombe Wanderers - would be a very worthwhile initiative, particularly if it served decent beer.

A revival of the Real Ale Bar in the Alan Curbishley Stand wouldn't go amiss either.
    In every survey I've asked the club to reopen the Curbs Stand Real Ale bar!

That Wycombe marquee seemed to work very well, Sunderland also had a fanzone outside the stadium