Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• Options
    Bring back the portacabins I say 
  • Options
    Just bought mine.  Pleased that the CAFC cash took a chunk out of the purchase price.  Good initiative 
  • Options
    edited May 2021

Might be a struggle, we’re selling STs at an average of 1,500 a day. That means by August we will have sold 130,000 and you could be out of luck!
    100% agree with this. 
  • Options
    muppetman said:
    Tried renewing online to save hanging on the telephone (besides, there was a blond bint in the phone booth - it's the one across the hall  ;) )
    The transaction was to include my son, who is set up as one of my "fiends and family" on the ticketing account.
    When I got to t &c's page, I clicked on the pencil icon to use my son's CAFCCash against his ticket.
    Trouble is when it ticks and includes his, it simultaneously unticks mine so that my CAFCCash is no longer showing.
    I am probably doing something wrong - any ideas folks?

When your cash amount and name are showing, click on the pay by cafc cash icon. Your name and amount will go above the pencil icon. The box should change to your son’s name and amount, click on the cafc cash icon again and your son’s info will join yours above the pencil icon. After this you can move forward with the transaction.

I did this for three attached to my account. 

The only problem I had was with my credit card company. They wouldn’t authorise the transaction, it flagged up that it was a dodgy site. So I paid by bank card instead, and I still had to authorise that via the app.

I wonder if Southall’s name is still attached to the club?£££🤏
    Logged back in this morning and completed the transaction in less than 5 minutes.
    Was probably being dense yesterday, thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    Does anybody know how many season tickets we sold in our last prem season 2006/07? As a guess it must have been near 20k ish?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Does anybody know how many season tickets we sold in our last prem season 2006/07? As a guess it must have been near 20k ish?
    I believe most of the Prem years were a season ticket sell-out - from memory we had to hold back 10% of home seats so when the capacity went to 27k that would have equated to around 21k STs sold. 
  • Options
    Finishing in the play offs would be a bonus, but if government gives the go ahead for full stadiums in August, some marquee signings a good preseason we could easily be looking at 12k+. Mates have been mentioned getting one when they have never mentioned that in 10 years+.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Let's go the whole hog and move back in with the Stripeys.

PS I am just being flippant and do not want this to happen. Thought I'd say that before I get some deserved abuse.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    shine166 said:
    Let's go the whole hog and move back in with the Stripeys.

PS I am just being flippant and do not want this to happen. Thought I'd say that before I get some deserved abuse.
    Portacabin bar days are probably my favourite era as a fan 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am buying three including one for my seventeen year old grandson.
    Does he have to have a membership and what ID would I have to have for him?
    Any help appreciated.
    Thought I'd ask again as obviously nobody loves me.  :(
  • Options
    I think when the shackles are safely off (very hopefully over the next few months) a boom period will begin for Cinemas. Theatres, Gig venues and sports clubs with stadia. Pubs/restaurants will bounce, but I think ‘events’ will really bounce and people will be seeking events where they can enjoy a live atmosphere and fellow supporting human beings’ company.

As such, next season could be a perfect moment in time for the club. Regardless of division, build a committed and talented squad of players, battle and ideally win promotion and bounce on from there, with a higher average number of home fans committing than we have seen in very many years. We can all play our part and I do hope we are all able to return come August.
  • Options
    I am buying three including one for my seventeen year old grandson.
    Does he have to have a membership and what ID would I have to have for him?
    Any help appreciated.
    Thought I'd ask again as obviously nobody loves me.  :(
    Try and checkout, youl find out within 5 mins. 
  • Options
    i have 351 in cafc cash if i buy a st in lower for 260 what happens to the spare?
  • Options
    as tech speaking its a product i havent recieved. 
  • Options
    just bought for me and the missus in East Stand Block G. Very simple, hardest part was deciding what block and then what row to sit in.
    Me & jnr bought in the Upper North for this season......never got to sit there mind. Haven't decided where to sit for the new season but likely to renew in the North. Will have to wave to you both......
  • Options
    i have 351 in cafc cash if i buy a st in lower for 260 what happens to the spare?
    I believe you will be able to request a refund - I seem to recall by the end of this week.
  • Options
    @bobmunro

cheers bob just with the last year and now just renewing valley gold its quite a saving to be had. 
  • Options
    I wonder what the price of match day tickets will be next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Smashing it, well done all 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Smashing it, well done all 
    Gives absolutely the right message to Thomas, also.
  • Options
    I don't know if it's just me but I've added my grandson to my friend list but it won't let me buy him an under 18 season ticket. He's 18 in October, does that make a difference?
    It's doing my head in.
  • Options
    I don't know if it's just me but I've added my grandson to my friend list but it won't let me buy him an under 18 season ticket. He's 18 in October, does that make a difference?
    It's doing my head in.
    Shouldn't do, as long as he's 17 at the time of purchasing.

Remember a couple of years ago my Dad was upset having to pay for a full adult ticket because he was turning 65 in October!
  • Options
    It's doing my head in.
    I think in order to buy a concession ticket, you need to prove entitlement.
    In other words CAFC would need proof.
    Try e mailing them for clarity.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Blucher said:
    It’s not so much an issue as tinkering with how crossbars operates as seems to be the gist of the thread now, it should a question of how can the club expand capacity around the ground. I use crossbars on matchdays before the game, get something to eat and in winter time just warm up, and usually afterwards for a couple of pints to let the queue at the station go away.

crossbars is popular, particularly on colder days (ie when most games in England are played) because its ‘indoors’ and warm. The club needs to look at how it can create more of those spaces. Adding a roof to the back of the East/Curbs stand looks pretty feasible to me. Enclose that space, put in some carpet, tables and chairs and that would make that more attractive for fans in that stand to use and take some of the pre-match pressure off crossbars.

Then there is the west stand car park. There must be space there to create another ‘indoor’ hospitality area, even a large marquee would do the trick of adding capacity. 

The bars below the stands could do with a heating system in winter. When I leave Crossbars on match day, I head for the bar in the Covered End for a quick pint, or two if there is a minutes silence for somebody totally unconnected with Charlton. Half time is usually a waste of time trying to get served. Full time the bars are shut so I head to crossbars as mentioned above - top marks to Brighton who opened their away fan stands bars after the game last time I went there.

The match day experience isn’t just about the football, there is a huge social side to going to a game. 

As the film said, if you build it, they will come.

Good news that there is to be no change in the existing arrangements for Crossbars/The Fans' North Stand Bar and no charge for admission. A case of 'once bitten, twice shy' following the crazily expensive season ticket/membership scheme which I believe was the brainchild of one Ben Kensell. If so, he's clearly had some better ideas since, as he's been the Chief Operating Officer at Norwich City for nearly three years. On second thoughts, maybe it was one of Katrien's brilliant initiatives.

Returning to the present day and altogether happier times, I entirely agree with @letthegoodtimesroll's point about capacity, particularly following the demise of the White Swan and the Liberal Club, albeit mitigated to an extent by the reopening of The Royal Oak. If there is room at the far end of the West Stand car park, some kind of marquee - along the lines of the one at Wycombe Wanderers - would be a very worthwhile initiative, particularly if it served decent beer.

A revival of the Real Ale Bar in the Alan Curbishley Stand wouldn't go amiss either.
    In every survey I've asked the club to reopen the Curbs Stand Real Ale bar!

That Wycombe marquee seemed to work very well, Sunderland also had a fanzone outside the stadium
    I think it’s a real shame that we haven’t leant into the fantastic brewing culture that’s emerged in SE London in recent times. I know their are contracts with Heineken, but surely there would be some way to work with them to offer some of the smaller breweries in the area the opportunity to run a pop up in a couple of parts of the stadium on a rotational basis?

I think doing things that make the match day experience unique compared to watching from home is going to be really important in the post COVID world, people have gotten used to streaming from home (and will still be able to using VPN or IPTV even if the 3p, blackout is reinstated).
    Sort of initiative that sounds right up Thomas' street.

Maybe the fan rep could mention it.

• Options
    It's doing my head in.
    I think in order to buy a concession ticket, you need to prove entitlement.
    In other words CAFC would need proof.
    Try e mailing them for clarity.
    You usually have to show some proof like a passport or birth certificate. Quite easily done & once the club have it on file there's not usually any problems (although seeing his age its likely to only be this season)