Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• Options
    Mine arrived today, the drinks voucher is for the Gillingham game on the 29th December. You wonder at the time and resource it must have taken to allocate these vouchers across all 23 games  :D
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Season ticket arrived so fair play there. Drinks voucher, New Years Day. 

Club shop voucher which cannot be used online and only applicable in the shop between Friday 24th September and Sunday 26th September.

Club Shop is shut on a Sunday so that brings that down to 2 days if you want to use it. We are home on that Saturday however. 
    3 days to use the club shop discount is really poor from the club 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Club shop voucher which cannot be used online and only applicable in the shop between Friday 24th September and Sunday 26th September.

Club Shop is shut on a Sunday so that brings that down to 2 days if you want to use it. We are home on that Saturday however. 
    2 days
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

When it’s closed on one of them 😄
  • Options
    Pretty poor if I'm honest. Wasn't very clear and was clearly used as an incentive for people to purchase early. Personally, I was buying 2 season tickets anyway but feel like it's a massive piss take to also give 20% off a drink for ONE allocated game. I think most of us expected it for each game. Granted, only one for the season ticket holder is correct otherwise we'd all be getting rounds in at 20% off. :D As for the 2 day club shop voucher.....another piss take.

I'd rather they hadn't bother or just knocked a tenner or so off for being an early bird purchaser.
  • Options
    Seriously , it comes across as a cheap and nasty hoodwink but there’s no way anyone is that evil working at Charlton.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    No show still for Season ticket. Oh well onto Monday now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:
    I’m not upset or embarrassed by it but bloody hell, it really is a screw up.

I can only imagine there were no layers of sign off or discussion anywhere. 

Absolutely bonkers.
    Because they have put so many restrictions im more thinking they have thought and discussed it a lot and you end up with something that looks really weird!
  • Options
    I didn't buy my first season ticket in over 20 years because of 20% off a drink or the free guest seat for one match, I bought it because I want to see my team playing football at The Valley and to support our new owner.
    However this marketing ploy of the two above 'incentives' are a complete embarrassment and perhaps the most 'shoddiest' I've ever seen anywhere in the world!!
    Whoever thought this up needs to explain to TS why they thought it was a good idea!! TS is a successful businessman, he must surely hold the person, who instigated this, fully responsible and take definitive action. Whoever it was has managed to upset many 'early bird' buyers with such a completely ill-thought out 'scheme'.
    It would have been better not to have any 'incentives' in the first place, it has made the club look very silly (and tight-fisted)

“Nurse”  he’s out of fecking bed again bring the tranquilliser gun!! 😉

• Options
    It’s been a while since I’ve been in the club shop but when finally do get in there, they’d better accept my voucher or Belinda has some explaining to do ! 😉
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    The shop discount only for the Pompey game (?) is a disaster waiting to happen. Traditionally a game where maybe an extra pint or two might be drunk the idea of everybody who wants to buy a new shirt etc at a discount before or after the game being able to do so in a calm, efficient manner would seem a non starter on a 1st round fa cup day when the crowd would be a fraction if what it would be for a bigger league fixture. Doing it on the day we play Pompey is plain daft and it wouldn’t be beyond the realms of imagination to see the OB telling the club to close the shop The club needs to have a big rethink on that IMO 
  • Options
    The shop discount only for the Pompey game (?) is a disaster waiting to happen. Traditionally a game where maybe an extra pint or two might be drunk the idea of everybody who wants to buy a new shirt etc at a discount before or after the game being able to do so in a calm, efficient manner would seem a non starter on a 1st round fa cup day when the crowd would be a fraction if what it would be for a bigger league fixture. Doing it on the day we play Pompey is plain daft and it wouldn’t be beyond the realms of imagination to see the OB telling the club to close the shop The club needs to have a big rethink on that IMO 
    It’s not everyone on the same day (from what I’ve read)
    it’s been spread out throughout the season so there isn’t the great trashy gold rush for the third strip 
  • Options
    It’s not everyone on the same day (from what I’ve read)
    it’s been spread out throughout the season so there isn’t the great trashy gold rush for the third strip 
    We’ve got different days for the drinks voucher but the same 3 days in September for the club shop.
  • Options
    So you can only use the discount over a period of 3 days, one of which is a Sunday, usually the shop is closed on a Sunday. Also the drink voucher is for a game assigned to you and can't be changed even if you are unable to attend that day. 

Massive, massive own goal here.

The free tickets being limited to 500 each matchday makes sense, but the vouchers being so limited like this makes zero sense, especially when it's a discount in a shop, or a discount on a single measly drink
  • Options
    Mildly curious  as to how the kiosk  / bar staff will actually cope with calculating and applying the 20% discount too.

Probably a moot point as most of these discounts will never be redeemed. 

As others have said over engineered. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can only presume with the club shop that they intend to open it on the Sunday

Especially if thats when the voucher is available for everyone
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

8,000 people trying to get into the club shop at the same time.
    The reality is it's a master plan in deceit and the vast majority of the drink vouchers and store discounts will not be used.
  • Options
    Bought season ticket, happy with purchase of season ticket, receive season ticket, pleasantly surprised to see vouchers, think "nice touch", read t&c's, thoughts that we are still ran like a lemonade stand sink in further. 
  • Options
    Season Ticket has arrived :)

Getting my discount drink on the 22nd January against Fleetwood, what a time to be alive!!
    Ooh mid-January, enjoy your Bovril mate. 
  • Options
    Season Ticket has arrived :)

Getting my discount drink on the 22nd January against Fleetwood, what a time to be alive!!
    Ooh mid-January, enjoy your Bovril mate. 
    Ooo I didnt think of that... I was planning on turning the voucher into a paper airplane ready for a poor referee decision, similar to Stevie Brown and the catalogues. Might have to think again now
  • Options
    Mine & me littleun’s turned up yesterday,why no 15% club discount with her season ticket…,I know her season ticket is cheaper but still,woulda been nice for the kids to feel a bit more inclusive…also am I able to get a refund on the drinks voucher if I’m unable to attend their chosen choice of game…🤔🙄

• Options
    When will be Charlton socks arrive?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    When will be Charlton socks arrive?
    Hermes deliver them at 3.45 on 19th August, if you miss the delivery they go in landfill.