Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Hull City | Sun 9th May 2021

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Davo55 said:
    Davo53 said:
    Hello davo55,hello bruv how long have you been on this forum, I wished I’d joined ages ago, I’ve been a bit busy on here of late, I’ll think I’ll chill out for a couple of days take care mate.
    Hello Bruv. I've been on here 9 years. Some great, moving, thought provoking discussions, some crap - and I've had my share of giving and receiving both. That's the way of the forum. I tend to keep a lower profile over the summer, just keeping an eye on the transfer rumours. See you soon.
    Why did your parents name you both Davo  ?
    Because by giving them different numbers after their name, it wasn't too confusing. I presume your parents had a romantic weekend in Blackpool before you was born. Mine thought I was a dog! 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Davo53 said:
    Hello davo55,hello bruv how long have you been on this forum, I wished I’d joined ages ago, I’ve been a bit busy on here of late, I’ll think I’ll chill out for a couple of days take care mate.
    Hello Bruv. I've been on here 9 years. Some great, moving, thought provoking discussions, some crap - and I've had my share of giving and receiving both. That's the way of the forum. I tend to keep a lower profile over the summer, just keeping an eye on the transfer rumours. See you soon.
    How are Blackpool71 and Blackpool73 keeping these days? 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Davo53 said:
    The Davo twins? :smile:

When they were kids, you could imagine their Mum shouting, "Davo 53, you're grounded!"  ......and , "Davo55, you've not washed behind your ears!"

Obviously it's a play on their surname, I would think.
    (waiting to be Whoooshed now!).

• Options
    When do most players contracts end ? Is it June or May ? Are we likely to see any signings until then ?
  • Options
    When do most players contracts end ? Is it June or May ? Are we likely to see any signings until then ?
    Officially contracts end June 30th. 
  • Options
    Davo53 said:
    A nice story oggyred thanks for that.I also used to take penalties for eltham hill on Sunday mornings the older ones wiil remember them playing at Harrow meadow Greenwich boroughs old ground and I used to shit myself incase I missed because I found it embarrassing and that was in front of only a few hundred spectators, and passed the penalty taking on to Colin Payne or dougie Francis who played for dartford and carshalton respectively . Penalties are definitely an art.
    I was at Charlton Central school with Dougie Francis,really good player if a little greedy.
  • Options
    Morning oggy red , all it is mate is when our parents were alive  my mum used to call my dad Davo because our surname is Davis the numbers after davo represents the year we were born, nothing exciting.

• Options
    Morning thickandthin63  yes your right dougie Francis was a brilliant player nobody could get near him, but we had a very good team for a few years , Brian Kinsey played for us for a while, he must of been about 36 then, there was always spectators right around the pitch 3 rows deep, but apart from us eltham hill , there were woolwich town with the great junior crooks , argyle with tony clary and billy Palmer,Thomas wood fc.with Johnny Kane.another good team was a team called 279 full of good players ,we lost to them 0-2 at welling United ground in the final of the London sunday cup no mean feat seeing it covered clubs in the whole of London. I must apologise to younger members of this forum for boring the shit out of you, I got carried away with my memories, if only you could turn the clock back just to play one more game would be fantastic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it was almost impossible to score a penalty in Striker? Goalies ruled. In this scenario, Keith Peacock looks odds on as the Lions keeper seems strangely distracted by the identical twins playing at CB.

• Options
    If Keith peacock took the penalty from the penalty spot instead of the corner of the 18 yard box , Keith might have more success 😅
  • Options
    There’s something wrong with those pitch markings..
  • Options
    Davo53 said:
    ........ another good team was a team called 279 full of good players ,we lost to them 0-2 at welling United ground in the final of the London sunday cup no mean feat seeing it covered clubs in the whole of London.

Do I remember that mid-70s, Paddy Powell used to manage or coach 279 ...... ?

• Options
    He wasn’t the manager of 279, but l played against paddy Powell it was on a ground the other side of charlton park the ground and teams name escapes me, it was a long time ago
  • Options
    The ground would be Meridian.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I think it was almost impossible to score a penalty in Striker? Goalies ruled. In this scenario, Keith Peacock looks odds on as the Lions keeper seems strangely distracted by the identical twins playing at CB.

I always found it relatively easy. Some players were a bit more accurate to use than others. When you find your Striker penalty taker, you stick with him.
  • Options
    That’s right covered end it was meridian,was the team called meridian sports? Thanks for that. It must be nice to have a memory,I’ll have to ask for one for Christmas.
  • Options
    The ground would be Meridian.
    I played there enough times!