Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Hull City | Sun 9th May 2021

Comments

• Options
    ozaddick said:
    Did Burton really give a debut to their back up keeper who'd been on loan to a non league team this season? 

Yeah this bloke, although he's on loan from QPR and hasnt been on loan to Non-League this season, but started his career down there and had a few other loans to the likes of Welling

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dillon_Barnes
  • Options
    Although I’m not relishing the thought of 3rd division football next season I am confident that it will be our last season in this this tier. 
  • Options
    A combination of our poor home form and letting Bowyer stay too long has ultimately cost us. Adkins has done well however and we must be one of the favourites next season, although as always it will be tough, with some big teams to deal with.
  • Options
    What a nice guy Adkins is.  Its all real as well. 
  • Options
    Potentially in League One next season we have: 

Charlton
    Sunderland
    Blackpool
    Portsmouth
    Bolton
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Rotherham

Tough season to get promoted. 
    Sunderland - never beat us
    Blackpool - ok but could just be a flash in the pan season
    Portsmouth - not that good
    Bolton - shit, only just made 3rd in league 2.
    Sheff Weds - basket case
    Rotherham - will be tough but they're not exactly Man city.

The league is ours.
  • Options
    A good result against a very good side and a win is a good way to end the season even though we missed out on play offs, which is a better position than I expected after the summer recruitment.
  • Options

Charlton
    Sunderland
    Blackpool
    Portsmouth
    Bolton
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Rotherham

Bolton!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    it's all been said .. a summer of reorganisation, new player signings and many departures .. Nigel Adkins has the time and, we hope, the money to pick his own squad .. fans back in their droves come August and that will not be a day too soon
  • Options
    When do the transfer rumours start?
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Charlton
    Sunderland
    Blackpool
    Portsmouth
    Bolton
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Rotherham

Bolton!?
    New ownership and since 2021 have been in fantastic form. 

Got some decent money behind them. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    We deserved the win today, it's been a strong finish to the season, so well played the lads. Looking forward to a fresh start and fresh faces next season. 
  • Options
    Love Adkins attitude and comments there. I fully believe he will take us up next season, cannot wait to see who we bring in now and to watch England in the down time, exciting times ahead my fellow addicks
    and will you be in uniform ??????
  • Options
    Happy with that, look at the way we set up compared to mid season, players knowing what they should be doing and putting in a shift. Wasn't considering a return for Maatsen or Millar before this game, but to be fair to the pair of them, they couldn't have done any more to change my mind. The form over the last 10 games has been very good, with an unbalanced and underwhelming squad. Get a handful of top quality additions and enjoy the ride.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't expect anything today but one thing that really is frustrating is our lack of action to remove Bowyer, we would be in the playoffs if we didn't spend 2 months exercising Einstein's definition of insanity.
    Absolutely this
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    Did Burton really give a debut to their back up keeper who'd been on loan to a non league team this season? 

Yeah this bloke, although he's on loan from QPR and hasnt been on loan to Non-League this season, but started his career down there and had a few other loans to the likes of Welling

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dillon_Barnes
    The BBC thread said he fumbled a weak freekick into his own goal and was chipped from outside the box for another. 
  • Options
    We ended the season strongly under NA. Every confidence we will get promoted next season with a much stronger squad. We've got our club back! COYRs!!  
  • Options
    Didn't expect anything today but one thing that really is frustrating is our lack of action to remove Bowyer, we would be in the playoffs if we didn't spend 2 months exercising Einstein's definition of insanity.
    This with bells on!!!
  • Options
    Love Adkins attitude and comments there. I fully believe he will take us up next season, cannot wait to see who we bring in now and to watch England in the down time, exciting times ahead my fellow addicks
    Bit kinky mate haha

I will be working normal weeks until my training is done apparently, hopefully I can make all the games until then, can't wait for my next proper away day again 
  • Options
    We did well today against a very good side.

Much preferred the team when Shinnie replaced Watson.

Hope we get  a really decent centre mid or two in for next season and get Aneke playing regularly.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Bit kinky mate haha

I will be working normal weeks until my training is done apparently, hopefully I can make all the games until then, can't wait for my next proper away day again 
    so you went for it  .. good luck !