Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Hull City | Sun 9th May 2021

Comments

• Options
    Love Adkins attitude and comments there. I fully believe he will take us up next season, cannot wait to see who we bring in now and to watch England in the down time, exciting times ahead my fellow addicks
    and will you be in uniform ??????
    Bit kinky mate haha

I will be working normal weeks until my training is done apparently, hopefully I can make all the games until then, can't wait for my next proper away day again 
    so you went for it  .. good luck !
    Appreciate that bud, hopefully all goes well 
  • Options
    Finishing on a win, newish manager, new owner, nobody wanted to see us sill in League One, but there is a lot to look forward to. After 46 games we are where we deserve to be sadly.
  • Options
    Lost one game since February. Bowyer’s last four games and the eleven games since have yielded 30 points. That form through the last third of the season is table topping form. As it was through the first third too.

Unfortunately that two/three month period from Christmas really killed our season. So many stupid lost points.
    Regrettably, absolutely summed up in one. Yep, bring on next season with gusto (and with more than a few good signings to boot to bolster promotion to the Championship.)...roll on, COYA!!!!!!
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Potentially in League One next season we have: 

Charlton
    Sunderland
    Blackpool
    Portsmouth
    Bolton
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Rotherham

Tough season to get promoted. 
    Wycombe won’t be no mugs either.
    And Ipswich.
  • Options
    Enjoyed the game, didn't expect all the other results to go our way so pleased we won and that must make OG about 6th in our top scorers table. Looking forward to the rebuild and next season. Good luck to the Mackems. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oxford won six of their last seven games to pip us on GD.

That run included an 85th minute winner last week away at Shrewsbury. And a 93rd minute winner against Gillingham after being 2-0 down at half time.
  • Options
    Roll on next season is all I can say. We did what we needed to today, it was all the many yesterday's where we weren't good enough.
  • Options
    I'm not despondent in the slightest.

In the last week we have outplayed the Champions today and had a good win against the team that finished 5th. Today's performance surely showed it is a nonsense we haven't finished in a play-off postion.

There are a few ifs here but if we can resign key players who are out of contract (Amos, F-Caskey, Aneke), if we can sign permanently loan players (Stockley and Famewo in particular) or even resign them on loan again for another year, if we can sign 3 or 4 young, hungry, talented players and if we can keep Inniss in particular fit we can absolutely smash this league next year and end up as Champions with a club record number of points.

The future next year is really bright.  
    Maybe introduce a few of the youngsters now that the club is more stable.
  • Options
    Oxford won six of their last seven games to pip us on GD.

That run included an 85th minute winner last week away at Shrewsbury. And a 93rd minute winner against Gillingham after being 2-0 down at half time.
    The sort of momentum that can win you the play offs. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    We won, but we lost out on goal difference, always felt that Oxford may do the business with Burton, but didn't bank on JFH debuting a non tried keeper ffs, didn't really take the game seriously.
    Nige looked really cut up today on VP, and as he said WE will be there next season celebrating like Hull were today, and i have every confidence in him and where we are at the moment, get some contracts sorted, including Stockley, and some good new faces in, not just make do and mend, and with a good pre season in, we will be up there next year.

• Options
    We won, but we lost out on goal difference, always felt that Oxford may do the business with Burton, but didn't bank on JFH debuting a non tried keeper ffs, didn't really take the game seriously.
    Nige looked really cut up today on VP, and as he said WE will be there next season celebrating like Hull were today, and i have every confidence in where we are at the moment, get some contracts sorted, including Stockley, and some good new faces in, not just make do and mend, and with a good pre season in, we will be up there next year.

Why should he? He wanted to look at players for next season. His remit was to keep Burton up - he did that. The minute you start relying on favours is the minute you have to hold your hands up and admit you weren’t good enough. 
  • Options
    I wasn't expecting both Oxford and Pompey to not win, so while disappointed, not over surprised that we missed out. Pompey will be devastated though

The tight margins are frustrating though. Bowyer slightly lost his mojo this season, but more importantly it's not signing a CB in January that cost us, when you considered that 2 of the players we brought in that month, Smith and Schwartz, have barely played.

I think the playoffs will be really interesting, it wouldn't surprise me if the winner comes from the Blackpool/Oxford semi.

I'm excited by the summer, and really hope we can bring them in early so that the new players can be properly integrated into the team
  • Options
    Great win today. It was always asking too much for the other results to go our way. An interesting transfer window coming up. I dont think we will see wholesale changes from the team that started the last few matches. You could argue that not a lot of changes are needed to win this league. If you take LB's meltdown period out of the figures we would have won it this year. I think a revamp will take place but more along the lines of replacing the older squad members with younger players. I really hope we get the transfer business done early so Adkins has a proper pre season. Get Stockley signed, Famwoe signed, renew the millar and maatsen loans. Sign a few younger players to replace the war horses and confident Adkins can get the consistency to win the title next season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Charlton
    Sunderland
    Blackpool
    Portsmouth
    Bolton
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Rotherham

None of those scare me. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Dropped two points a couple of weeks ago against Crewe, they would have been handy today.
    Didn't deserve one point really...they played us off the park
  • Options

Charlton
    Sunderland
    Blackpool
    Portsmouth
    Bolton
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Rotherham

None of those scare me. 
    None of those scare me as well. It's the threat of a bad patch/a lot of injuries and ending up in the play-offs that worries me most. We ought to get in the top 6, but the top two can hinge on a bit of good/bad luck. 
  • Options
    I hope we are in the country for the Burton game next season. I will buy a ticket behind the away dugout and spend ninety minutes blowing raspberries at Hasselbaink.  
    You won't get to the game with his fat arse in front of you.
    I heard he washed his shorts and put them on the line to dry and people thought it was another eclipse of the sun.
  • Options

Charlton
    Sunderland
    Blackpool
    Portsmouth
    Bolton
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Rotherham

I see you've looked into your crystal ball and seen the final League One table, 2021-22 season.

Nice one! :smile:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    If only Ronnie hadn’t missed that pen...
    I said to my missus that that will cost us at the time. Didn't quite realise how it would hit us two ways, though.