Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited June 2021
    Is FootballLeagueWorld even a reliable source?
    No but Dave Seddon from the Lancashire Evening Post is a bit more reliable. Preston’s equivalent of Richard Cawley 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    It credits this article as its source

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/stockley-transfer-pne-portsmouth-charlton-20752048

Which in turn credits the is one

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/portsmouth-in-the-transfer-mix-for-charlton-loan-hit-jayden-stockley/

The assumptions in the FootballLeagueWorld one and the Lancs live one are just that.  It's Saturday's news rehashed. 
    Its then decided from those articles that Portsmouth have been given permission to speak with Stockley :D
  • Cafc43v3r said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/stockley-transfer-pne-portsmouth-charlton-20752048

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/portsmouth-in-the-transfer-mix-for-charlton-loan-hit-jayden-stockley/

The assumptions in the FootballLeagueWorld one and the Lancs live one are just that.  It's Saturday's news rehashed. 
    Its then decided from those articles that Portsmouth have been given permission to speak with Stockley :D
    Exactly FA, todays news, tomorrows chip paper B)
  • If Stockley doesn’t join us it doesn’t mean we’ve been slow, lax or anything else. What it means is that the player has got a better deal or has decided that the move suits him better. We will have a budget on what we are prepared to go to for the player and if Portsmouth or anyone else are willing to pay PNE or the player more then good for them. That’s how it works. 
    If he chooses Pompey can I be the first to say that he can fuck off the money grabbing snake? If you don't want to be here blah blah blah.........

You are exactly right.  Its his job at the end of the day and PNE are entitled to get the best fee they can.  As I would expect us to. 
  • edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

I think Preston will allow any club to talk to Stockley who matches the fee that they want. Nothing wrong with that at all. 
    If the player has made his mind up that will be the end of it, unless money can change it.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Maccn05 said:

Maccn05 said:
    If we've let one of the best most in demand strikers in L1 go one holiday with only a verbal agreement and then lose him then we deserve exactly what we get... how amateur! 
    Would you have not let him go on holiday? How do we know he hasn’t told Charlton he wants to go on holiday to think things through! Is it unreasonable that a player wants time to get things sorted?
    Of course I'm not and your just being antagonistic with that statement.

The rumour shared was... Charlton not happy with his agent or PNE .... saying they have  a gentleman’s agreement fee wages agent fee before player went of on family holiday and there understanding is that’s still in place for the player to sign on his return

In no business do you let your biggest deal or target target agree the deal but go away without doing the deal.

It's typical of us get caught sleeping or being too conservative and this looks to be another example of this.
    so you would force a player to sign through aggression? I wonder how that tactic would work out

as i said originally, how do we know that Stockley hasn't told Charlton he needs and wants time to think things through.
    Where did say anything about forced aggression LOL that’s brilliantly imagined 

I’m a Sales Director and I or a member of my team have done a deal I get it agreed in writing so it can’t be renaged on without a penalty or renegotiated without mutual agreement.

All I’m saying if we’ve done that then it’s poor negotiating on our part. The deal could have been completed before he was on holiday (maybe it actually has and this is all rumours) like other deals have been in L1, the window doesn’t have to be open to sign players.

If the above has happened we’ve let a rival come in a potentially steal him or cost us more … that’s bad business! Simple!

Its also worth saying he’s been here for months so we’ve had plenty of time to make him an offer and for him to decide does he want to come.

The original rumour stated he had made a verbal agreement so if we don’t sign him it’s suggests he’s broken that agreement.

If we have lost, what we assume is our number one target then it doesn’t bode well for our budget or expertise in the market.
    But we have absolutely no leverage or legal basis to make Stockley sign anything. Even getting a verbal agreement (if it happened at all) was more than expected. He's already under contract somewhere else so he doesn't need the money and owes us nothing on a legal basis.

Our position is "we'd like you to sign for us please." If he decides to wait or check other options first then we have no grounds to argue with it. The only thing we can do is to withdraw the offer but that leaves us without the signing and leaves him STILL under contract and free to talk to anyone be pleases.

We could have had a contract written up and waiting for a signature since he first came on loan for all the good it would do. He'll sign or not based purely on his own thoughts, not due to bad business on our part at all.
  • Is FootballLeagueWorld even a reliable source?

Just some blog that regurgitates rumours and puts out click bait headlines.
  • Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I think Preston will allow any club to talk to Stockley who matches the fee that they want. Nothing wrong with that at all. 
    If the player has mind up that will be the end of it, unless money can change it.
    Oh I imagine they will, but there is no evidence to say that they've received any offers from any clubs

Its all just interest at the moment, being turned into something that isnt by a desperate click bait website.
  • RedRobin said:
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/portsmouth-take-step-forward-in-transfer-race-with-charlton-and-ipswich/
    Pompey been given permission to speak to Stockley, according to this article. 

If this is the case then I’m lost for words! A player on loan with us last season, says he wants to sign and then we lose out to a promotion rival, f*****g ridiculous. 

Lose out ..... if we were ever interested ???? 

No one knows who our targets are yes Stockley was shown properties in Bexley when the season ended .. perhaps we went in another direction ????
  • Sponsored links:

• Preston have given Stockley permission too talk 2 Portsmouth.
  • RedRobin said:
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/portsmouth-take-step-forward-in-transfer-race-with-charlton-and-ipswich/

If this is the case then I’m lost for words! A player on loan with us last season, says he wants to sign and then we lose out to a promotion rival, f*****g ridiculous. 

No one knows who our targets are yes Stockley was shown properties in Bexley when the season ended .. perhaps we went in another direction ????
    Hang on you said it was a done deal, then it was agreed.  Now you don't know? 
  • Come the revolution (9th June) all will be revealed..... allegedly  B)
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:

I don't know what to believe any more!!
  • Come the revolution (9th June) all will be revealed..... allegedly  B)
    LOL I was one of the people saying about the 9th being the big day with a special edition of Valley Live making all the announcements. As we are at the 7th now and nothing has been said I think errrrrrr, well, maybe I was wrong lol
  • Preston have given Stockley permission too talk 2 Portsmouth.
    Assuming he wants to of course.....,or is it Portsmouth permission to talk to Stockley B)
  • I've always been a little unsure that Stockley fits in with the way Adkins wants to play if he's able to rebuild the squad.  Doesn't strike me as an Adkins type signing.

Just my opinion from previous Adkins sides & the way he has said he wants to play.  Personally I think Stockley would be a cracking signing.
  • thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:

There is a simple six letter acronym that can help you with that : - )
  • thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:

Half of what you see and none of what you hear!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• FAVADDICK said:
    Alot of teams are getting there business done early and once again we seem to be behind everyone!! I just don't get the silence coming from the club surly contract negotiations with the out of contract players has happened and some must want to stay. I can see this being one long hard season. If thomas thinks he can do this on the cheap he's going to have one big shock coming to him !!!
    Let's just wait and see what happens 
    A lot can happen in a short period of time and I would far rather the club announce a new signing and pleasantly surprise us as opposed to us building our hopes up on speculation that never materialises.
    In TS we trust 
  • 124 pages of nonsense in four weeks...

• Rumour alert.

I heard a Rumour that this thread has turned to shite. 

Turns out it's not a Rumour it's true. 
    Sauce? :wink:

Brown or red? 
  • I'm not too fazed at the moment at the lack of transfer activity but would like to see the majority of players in before pre season starts if possible.

I am a bit surprised at the radio silence on some other issues such as the new shirt and the sponsorship of it, I mean Mumford said a deal was imminent about a month ago. He needs to learn that he can't bandy such words around willy nilly.

• Rumour alert.

I heard a Rumour that this thread has turned to shite. 

Turns out it's not a Rumour it's true. 
    Put him in the green Dazzler
  • thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:

Half of what you see and none of what you hear!!!
    If you mean WIOTOS its not an acronym it's an alphabetism...to be an acronym it has to also be a word like LASER - Light Amplification (by the) Stimulated Emission of Radiation.  Sorry - I used to work with someone who was very fond of pointing out this kind of shit...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!