Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Personally I not bothered either way with Stockley can see the benefits but can also see the way he makes us play .. I think we need a more mobile striker .... if he signs good but not a disaster if he don’t 
    That applies to most of our present squad tbf.
    Yes agreed, hope Adkins builds a team we can become attached too again, obviously not being at games hasn’t helped, but sadly as I’ve said before I don’t have a favourite player I feel excited to go and watch. Which I find quite sad, over the years we’ve had some great characters/ players to call our favourites.
  • Are we still waiting for something to happen on 9th June or was that just a windup ? 
  • Wind up.
  • Scoham said:
    I've had a look back when we made our signings in summer 2011. By this point we had signed one first team regular in Hollands, a squad player in Pritchard (but in reality came in with little or no expecations) and Sullivan as a back up goalkeeper.

Late June/early July is when it really got moving.

24 May Hollands and Pritchard
    31 May Sullivan
    21 Jun  Hayes, Evina and Alonso
    29 Jun  Stephens and Green
    30 Jun  Wiggins
    1   Jul   Taylor
    7   Jul   Morrison
    1   Aug Hamer and Hughes
    10 Aug Euell
    29 Aug Cort
    14 Sep Kermorgant

And you can bet we were all still moaning on the 14th of September
  • A standard Charlton window, all piss and wind so far.

Hoping for a decent dump by August.
  • Jac_52 said:
    Scoham said:
    I've had a look back when we made our signings in summer 2011. By this point we had signed one first team regular in Hollands, a squad player in Pritchard (but in reality came in with little or no expecations) and Sullivan as a back up goalkeeper.

31 May Sullivan
    30 Jun  Wiggins
    1   Jul   Taylor
    7   Jul   Morrison
    1   Aug Hamer and Hughes
    10 Aug Euell
    29 Aug Cort
    14 Sep Kermorgant

Overall I think most were happy but no one was really excited or impressed when Yann signed.

The first few pages are a good read, a CharltonLife classic.

https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/43250/yann-kermogant-striker-ed-signed
  • Jac_52 said:
    Scoham said:

31 May Sullivan
    30 Jun  Wiggins
    1   Jul   Taylor
    7   Jul   Morrison
    1   Aug Hamer and Hughes
    10 Aug Euell
    29 Aug Cort
    14 Sep Kermorgant

I was pretty confident we would come close after we signed Morrison.  I went to the Millwall away friendly and, I think it was the first goal we scored, made me think wow this is going to be a good season. 
  • edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    Alot of teams are getting there business done early and once again we seem to be behind everyone!! I just don't get the silence coming from the club surly contract negotiations with the out of contract players has happened and some must want to stay. I can see this being one long hard season. If thomas thinks he can do this on the cheap he's going to have one big shock coming to him !!!

There hardly been any worthwhile business done especially in league one .. on Friday there had only been. 8 transfers 
    But you told us Stockley was done, then agreed........ 
    deal has been agreed but not signed ... Stockley went away on holiday expected to sign later this week .. but looks like his agent and PNE may have done the dirty on us .. hopefully Stockley will say deal is a deal but I understand from a cousin who lives in Pompey he has family in or close to that area ...... 

2 days ago you said it was lucky we got in first.  There is nothing in those articles that's fact, that wasn't in Cawley's article on Saturday.

Have you heard its now off from another source other than FootballLeagueWorld?

Because now you don't sound so certain. 
    I think he has no more idea than you or I.
  • edited June 2021
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt Ipswich sign Wyke? What would be the use of them in for Stockley too. Must be agent talk
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm hoping for news tomorrow on Stalin's collectivisation of the farms and the persecution of the Kulaks. 
    Perestroika - the Charlton squad of 20/21 needed to be dissembled and restructured, but still some hardliners that accepted mediocrity wanted to hold on to the likes of Gunter as a squad player, and felt Jordan Cousins would walk all over league one.  Adkins is our Gorbachev 
  • LTKapal said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt Ipswich sign Wyke? What would be the use of them in for Stockley too. Must be agent talk
    You're corrected :wink:
  • London isn't 90 miles from Bexley.
    It feels like it if your stuck in traffic on the A2 Rochester Way.

• Are we still waiting for something to happen on 9th June or was that just a windup ? 
    It's a rumour, innit?

• Why do we all keep going on about 2011 and comparing it to this summer?!?

Its a decade ago and not relevant, the game and almost everything in it has moved on. Let’s get with the times and focus on the present not the past.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Why do we all keep going on about 2011 and comparing it to this summer?!?

Its a decade ago and not relevant, the game and almost everything in it has moved on. Let’s get with the times and focus on the present not the past.
    Because lots of Lifers are obsessed with the past & want us to sign Cousins Wagstaff & Michael Morrison. I think the sun has gone to their collective heads.

Just be patient & trust in the saviour (TS). By this time next month you'll all be wondering what all the fuss was about. 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Alot of teams are getting there business done early and once again we seem to be behind everyone!! I just don't get the silence coming from the club surly contract negotiations with the out of contract players has happened and some must want to stay. I can see this being one long hard season. If thomas thinks he can do this on the cheap he's going to have one big shock coming to him !!!
    Inaccurate drivel and speculation.  I prescribe a rewatch of your season highlight DVDs or videos until the first game of the season.
  • Wind up.
    I'm hoping we build a squad that gives the other teams the wind up.
  • Other than attempting to sign Stockley who else do you think we could do with up front ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder what meme Rich Cawley will use to reveal our big transfer catches ? 

What will replace the bowyer fish 🎣 
  • Maccn05 said:
    Why do we all keep going on about 2011 and comparing it to this summer?!?

It’s the most relevant recentish season to compare to. New ownership and new manager looking to build a squad capable of going up automatically from this level.

We’ve gone through various rebuilds since but they’ve all been restricted by the ownership and more recently a salary cap.

You’re right things have changed but the transfer window is still open over the same period. The difference is with Covid you may see more clubs looking to sell good players for a reasonable fee and potentially more deals done later on as clubs look to save money. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
  • I wonder what meme Rich Cawley will use to reveal our big transfer catches ? 

What will replace the bowyer fish 🎣 
    Probably some kind of walking reference 😉
  • Scoham said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Scoham said:

31 May Sullivan
    30 Jun  Wiggins
    1   Jul   Taylor
    7   Jul   Morrison
    1   Aug Hamer and Hughes
    10 Aug Euell
    29 Aug Cort
    14 Sep Kermorgant

Overall I think most were happy but no one was really excited or impressed when Yann signed.

The first few pages are a good read, a CharltonLife classic.

https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/43250/yann-kermogant-striker-ed-signed
    Some crackers on there. I’m comforted that I was more measured ten years ago. Who knew we had Cantona II
  • A standard Charlton window, all piss and wind so far.

Hoping for a decent dump by August.
    so is @o@oohaahmortimer
  • edited June 2021
    Scoham said:
    "they know each other from their time at Bournemouth"

Maybe Stockley cleaned his boots....

It's a good time to be Stockley, and his agent, enjoyed his loan here, has "unfinished business" at Pompey and its close to where he is from, a former manager of his is at Ipswich. Sunderland is less likely for location reasons, and the manager is a twat, but he would do very well in that team.

He could be a bit of a league 1 bellwether.  Or it could be the Mendonca/Phillips/Johnson situation again where everyone misses out on their 1st choice but ends up with a good fit anyway. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!